KernelEx 4.5.2

Have not the slightest idea why, but those occasionally freezing windows I have too, only the mouse can be moved but absolutely nothing else works, not even the windows buttons. All dead. That's in K-Meleon1.6beta with gecko engine 1.9.1.x, but on my old 98se laptop that could be caused by anything, KEx or browser or gecko engine or way too little RAM with way too many tabs open, or some webpage content, or some setting or messing of mine, in browser or in system, and perhaps it would happen with other programs too if I'd use them more often ;-)

But there's a little workaround, so personally I don't mind anymore, ouff. Simply switching to another window in the task bar immediately breaks the freeze! Just a quick click on another window and right back to the current one, and it's "alive" again :-) Well, not always, but often.

Edited by siria

• 2 weeks later...

Hey is there an edited version of this thread or a way to download the whole thing as a single file with out going to each page and downing it and then putting the whole mess togther and then editing it..

I would like to either be able to prune out all the extraneous stuff and just have a list of how to use, what works, what doesn't work but works if you do this, what doesn't work with no idea how to fix it, and what will never work, ..... basicailly a simple users guide.

Have not the slightest idea why, but those occasionally freezing windows I have too, only the mouse can be moved but absolutely nothing else works, not even the windows buttons. All dead. That's in K-Meleon1.6beta with gecko engine 1.9.1.x, but on my old 98se laptop that could be caused by anything, KEx or browser or gecko engine or way too little RAM with way too many tabs open, or some webpage content, or some setting or messing of mine, in browser or in system, and perhaps it would happen with other programs too if I'd use them more often ;-)

But there's a little workaround, so personally I don't mind anymore, ouff. Simply switching to another window in the task bar immediately breaks the freeze! Just a quick click on another window and right back to the current one, and it's "alive" again :-) Well, not always, but often.

I've seen this problem in windows that doesn't have kernalEX installed, I think it is a base memory problem in windows.

Heyho,

there is this software called "LMMS" ( http://lmms.sourceforge.net/ ).

Someting like an audio-midi-sequencer I guess... Looks nice..

I couldn't try it because of this (roughly translated):

"The file LIBSNDFILE-1.DLL is connected with the missing Export-MSVCRT.DLL:___lc_codepage_func."

I think I never had an error of this kind... what is this "___lc_codepage_func" ?!

Comp.-mode doesn't help. Is there anything that might help?

My system is a win98se(ger) + everything official & unofficial like RP (no theme since themes lead to bugs with recent vlc-player for example), KEX, Autopatcher "dec2008" (seems to work great with the german version anyways..) & much from MDGx's site..

Bye

Flipp

I would like to either be able to prune out all the extraneous stuff and just have a list of how to use, what works, what doesn't work but works if you do this, what doesn't work with no idea how to fix it, and what will never work, ..... basicailly a simple users guide.

That's a good idea.

Could have a place in the Compatibility database of the KernelEx Wiki.

But you should read at least also this other thread: KernelEx App Compatibility Database ;) .

Dear all,

Hello from France. When trying to install java updates 23 or 24, I have an error message "File is missing - GDIplus.dll has not been found" ---Till 22 it was working - I have uninstalled java and went up from 6 update 1 till 6 update 22 again without any trouble. and again same error message with both 23 and 24.

Any clue? I have tried to copy GDIplus.dll in several locations - no way to solve

I run win98SE with KEx 4.5 final - Had the same issue with RC4

Last versions of Flash and FF run perfectly

Thanks

Edited by eesseell

I remember dimly Adobe introduced with vers.23 some fundamental "new generation" plugins, which are very buggy on some systems... Can't remember details, but it was discussed somehwere here in the forum too... Still that java version contains also some alternative "classic" version of the dll's, which jump in and work fine if that stupid "new gen." plugin is disabled (deleted or whatever)... It's only lacking those "new" features, which were some "fully automatic" stuff that's IMO not really needed anyway...

NG-version is npjp2.dll, the classiv version is C:\Programs\Java\jre6\bin\npoji610.dll

Did you copy it into the windows/system directory, that's where it should be.

Hello,

Yes but doing that I have an error message : JRE-6U23-WINDOWS-I586 has generated a page failure in the module JRE-6U23-WINDOWS-I586.EXE at 0177:0040e5a6. (message in french, translated) - whjen I go with u22 it works .....

Hello,

Yes but doing that I have an error message : JRE-6U23-WINDOWS-I586 has generated a page failure in the module JRE-6U23-WINDOWS-I586.EXE at 0177:0040e5a6. (message in french, translated) - whjen I go with u22 it works .....

Some people report the two latest JRE installer to crash, others don't. I am not sure why this is and even for those who don't report crashes the installation is not really too straightforward.

Have a look at this topic in case it may help:

Hello,

Some people report the two latest JRE installer to crash, others don't. I am not sure why this is and even for those who don't report crashes the installation is not really too straightforward.

Have a look at this topic in case it may help:

Dear all.

I faced the same situation as described by loblo in one of his message under the above referenced post "Here it goes like that with KernelEx installed for the latest java runtimes. I run the executable which seems to autoexit without doing anything. In fact it extracts an msi installer + cab file to a subfolder of C:\Windows\Application Data\Sun\Java named as the version to install. Then I run the msi installer from there and it installs normally. Just installed the newly released update 24 today, no problems". I have a crash when trying to install but msi file is here. I have run u23 msi and u24 msi without trouble. ...amazing ...

Thanks for your help

Installed Java 6 Update 24 yesterday on XP and Windows 98 (dual boot machine).

No problems with it, but had to directly use the extracted msi installer on Windows 98 as described.

:)

Dear all.

I faced the same situation as described by loblo in one of his message under the above referenced post "Here it goes like that with KernelEx installed for the latest java runtimes. I run the executable which seems to autoexit without doing anything. In fact it extracts an msi installer + cab file to a subfolder of C:\Windows\Application Data\Sun\Java named as the version to install. Then I run the msi installer from there and it installs normally. Just installed the newly released update 24 today, no problems". I have a crash when trying to install but msi file is here. I have run u23 msi and u24 msi without trouble. ...amazing ...

Thanks for your help

This advice from WIN98SE also works for u23 and u24.