KernelEx 4.5.2

Hi RetroOS, would you mind sharing a few link with applets not working if you can remember any. I have installed java 6 update 13 over update 7 since a few days and I have not encountered any problems with the java apps I have installed on my computer.

It was web pages with java applets.

For example, the Sun Java test page shows a blank space where the java information and test animation should be.

See: http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml

KX: 4.0.12 (RC2) - no problem with earlier versions

Many times when starting Windows, the wallpaper will appear and then nothing.

The mouse cursor moves but no other activity.

Pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del once does nothing, twice shows a "Windows is busy" blue screen.

Pressing a key, gives the Task Manager.

Task Manager shows only one process - mprexe (not responding).

After I end this task, there is some disk activity then nothing again.

Then Ctrl-Alt-Del again as above, but this time it shows msgsrv32 (not responding).

After ending this task, nothing - I have to restart.

Workaround: Install Revolutions Pack 9 (with KernelEx 4.0 RC2) (!)

I know it's a bit late but with RP7, disable KernelEX extensions for 'RunDLL32.exe' either the compatibility tab or through registry:

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\KernelEx\AppSettings\Flags]
"*\\RunDLL32.exe"=dword:00000001

If for some reason that doesn't work, revert RunDLL32.exe to the stock version using the System File Checker. Only thing lost by doing so is access to the RP7 system properties info and use of the 'version spoofing' in the RP7-specific compatibility options tab.

Edited by Chozo4

FYI: I had to use the compatibilty tab to disable KernelEx for the ODBC Data Source Administrator ( \windows\system\ODBCAD32.EXE )

It was unable to read or configure any FILE DSN without having KernelEx disabled for that program. Then I had to disable KernelEx from another program that tried to use an ODBC File DSN.

All seemed fine with System DSN's, it's just that File DSN's would not work at all.

Hi experts,

I use KernelEx now for several months. I have no significant problems without onyl one. But at first my system configuration.

System: Win98 SE, V 4.10.2222 A

Internet: Firefox 3.10

Firewall: Savety.Net

Antivirus: Avast

Other Software: Open Office 3.x, Acrobat Reader 6.0.4, Realplayer 10, Quicktime 6.5.2, Windows Media Player (WM) 9.0, ...

I would like to update the WM 9.0 Microsoft. This download is available to customers running genuine Microsoft Windows. But after I start this MS-Software (GenuineCheck.EXE) the software reports an error "missing Export-Kernel32.DLL:HeapSetInformation".

Question: How can I start this program with KernelEX ??? (I have disabled the support of KernelEx in the option windows for that program).

Thank you for your support.

Edited by PeterBluewin

BOOL WinAPI HeapSetInformation(

__in_opt HANDLE HeapHandle,

__in HEAP_INFORMATION_CLASS HeapInformationClass,

__in PVOID HeapInformation,

__in SIZE_T HeapInformationLength

)

Edited by luluthefirst

)

What should I say that? Sorry, I do not understand this response.

)

it mean to import into kernel32.dll with C++

BOOL WinAPI HeapSetInformation( __in_opt HANDLE HeapHandle, __in HEAP_INFORMATION_CLASS HeapInformationClass, __in PVOID HeapInformation, __in SIZE_T HeapInformationLength )
it mean to import into kernel32.dll with C++

Ok?! Sorry, I'm not a programmer. And I have no C++ Compiler. And I down't know, how this program works. It's possible to find athoner way/solution?

Many thanks.

It works well with Opera 9.64 and Java 6 update 13 here. I can't test with another browser as I don't have Firefox and my IE does not have Java installed.

post-49647-1244173825_thumb.png

As I understand, you're using the latest version of KernelEx (RC2).

Could you install and test Java 6 update 14?

As I understand, you're using the latest version of KernelEx (RC2).

Could you install and test Java 6 update 14?

Yeah latest KernelEx and no I can't be bothered installing update 14 now. It is not 100% officially out anyway is it ? The main download page for the JRE still has update 13 as current if I am not mistaken.

Why don't you install it yourself btw ?

Yeah latest KernelEx and no I can't be bothered installing update 14 now. It is not 100% officially out anyway is it ? The main download page for the JRE still has update 13 as current if I am not mistaken.

Why don't you install it yourself btw ?

Java 6 update 14 was officialy released - here you have release notes: http://java.sun.com/javase/6/webnotes/6u14.html

As to the your question: I have glitches with the latest version of KernelEx (probably as the effect of other patch).

Edited by rainyd