Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

KernelEx 4.5.2

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1557 replies to this topic

paoloapaolo

paoloapaolo

• 19 posts
:thumbup

Thanks Xeno86, Tihiy for Kernelex 4.0.2 and all who try it, a heroic job, you managed to work a professional CAD CAD & Pillar 3 release in all libraries, incredible

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

sparky4

sparky4

• 32 posts
1. Windows Millennium Edition
2. 4.0.100
3. sai.exe 1.1.0
4. Never will run
5. run the program in any mode
6. no no

"NT API LINK ERROR"
in 2000 compatibility mode
and
"The application overflowed its temporary memory area.
Module Name: SAI.EXE
Application Name: Sai.exe"

with KernelEX disabled
:wacko: HELP!
Posted Image
Microsoft Windows ME 4.90.3000
On "COMPY4" as "sparky4"
Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.20GHz
1536MB RAM

irc://sparky4.net/#yotsubanome is the IRC I host

PeterBluewin

PeterBluewin
  • 8 posts
Hi together,
I think the KernelEX from Xeno86 is realy the best software in the last two years. I think Xeno86 is a candidate for the software avard 2009!!! The software is not perfect but it works well under some conditions (90%) and Millions of users can take advantage of new software on their old systems. This is also a big market expansion for some software companies and her products.

What is your opinion?

Xeno86

Xeno86

KernelEx Creator

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

3. Program vendor, program name and program version.
3. sai.exe 1.1.0
Module Name: SAI.EXE
Application Name: Sai.exe

This is highly unsatisfactory report.
No vendor, no product name, no URL.
Do I look like a fairy? Am I supposed to scry that?
KernelEx: home board download

sparky4

sparky4

• 32 posts
http://www.systemax.jp/en/sai/
SAI or PaintTool SAI (ペイントツールSAI?) is a painting program for Microsoft Windows developed by SYSTEMAX.
Posted Image
Microsoft Windows ME 4.90.3000
On "COMPY4" as "sparky4"
Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.20GHz
1536MB RAM

irc://sparky4.net/#yotsubanome is the IRC I host

patchworks

patchworks

• PipPip
  • 249 posts

http://www.systemax.jp/en/sai/
SAI or PaintTool SAI (ペイントツールSAI?) is a painting program for Microsoft Windows developed by SYSTEMAX.

Uhm, it would be great if someone "grabs" a package manager-like for serving KernelEx with 100% functional software (better if open source).

:whistle:

PROBLEMCHYLD

PROBLEMCHYLD

The Resurrector for old Windows OS

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
Can anybody get the new Activesync 4.5 to work on Win98SE

Believe God is the Alpha and Omega.
Believe Jesus Christ died for our sins.
Repent for your sins now or there will be
BLOOD

The Path to God

U98SESP3 03-11-2013

Marius '95

Marius '95

• PipPip
  • 122 posts
No. Not possible.
ActiveSync (the application) may work, but the new phone drivers will never work.

Queue

Queue

• PipPip
  • 164 posts
I came across a missing function that should be simple to add a stub for:
ProcessIdToSessionId(in dword, out dword);
Returns a boolean.
http://msdn.microsof...990(VS.85).aspx
Can potentially just have it always return 0.

Queue

esotericmaniac

esotericmaniac
  • 5 posts
Hi guys, many thanks to the creator(s) of this product - KernelEx. Now i want to present a solution for the problem with Flash Player 10 plugin for Firefox 2 or 3 on Win98SE. Because i tried everything suggested in the KernelEx forum and many other things but I couldn't make it run. I thank to God for giving me the idea to modify the file "NPSWF32.dll" from the Flash Player plugin. Yes, it is very elegant idea, to use a lie to make this plugin running.
Actually I am watching flash10 video with my flash9 plugin. But how... Well I use the flash9 plugin, but with replaced version information from flash10 (10.0.32.18 or so). I don't even know who am I cheating by doing that :) - the the browser, the OS, or may be the server.

The Solution:
First of all do not install any flash player plugin; if you have already installed it then uninstall it.
Download this
http://rapidshare.co...irefox.rar.html
and decompress it in your \Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugins folder.

By the way as I see, Xeno86 is about 23 years old, and He is already a system programmer....... bravo!!! :thumbup

bristols

bristols

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Leave me another couple of days and I'll upload an enhanced GimPhoto with all the very good plugins and scripts that aren't already included with it.

And I was going to ask eidenk if he would kindly do this. Pity. :}

(apologies for the off-topic)

Edited by bristols, 13 September 2009 - 07:18 AM.

PROBLEMCHYLD

PROBLEMCHYLD

The Resurrector for old Windows OS

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

No. Not possible.
ActiveSync (the application) may work, but the new phone drivers will never work.

Never say never, I'm sure one of the Guru Geeks will come up with a way :thumbup

Believe God is the Alpha and Omega.
Believe Jesus Christ died for our sins.
Repent for your sins now or there will be
BLOOD

The Path to God

U98SESP3 03-11-2013

BrotherTank

BrotherTank

• 14 posts
I'm using the latest release along with RP9 and both are working beautifully. The only problem that I have noticed is that when I installed KernalEX - it removed the "Change Icon" button on the properties page. It's nice to be able to set the KernalEX compatibility mode, but I do miss the option to set the Icon for each of the programs that I run.

Greg
BrotherTank

1992 Wolfenstein 3d - Support & Updated to Run on Vista!
No Other Programs Required!
The two elements of greatest abundance in the universe are "Hydrogen" & "Stupidity" - H. Ellison
Posted Image

xrayer

xrayer

RayeR

• PipPip
  • 145 posts

I thank to God for giving me the idea to modify the file "NPSWF32.dll" from the Flash Player plugin. Yes, it is very elegant idea, to use a lie to make this plugin running.

Thank you dude.
I tested it under Win98SE in Mozilla SeaMonkey 1.1.17, no Kernelex needed for it.
I had previously installed Flash v9 so I rather replaced the DLL in directory
\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MACROMED\FLASH\
and now I can play new videos that didn't worked before. I wouldn't think that it would be so easy to trick it by altering version :)
Win98(SE)CZ unofficial support site.
Running MSDOS 6.22, FreeDOS, Win98SE+KEX-4.5.2+nSP+nUSB, NT4.0-SP6, WinXP-SP3, Debian Linux
Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L, Core 2 Duo E8500@3,6GHz, 4GB DDR2, GF7900GT/256M, SSD Samsung 840 Pro, WD1000FBYX SATA, SB Audigy 2

alexeyL

alexeyL
  • 9 posts
KernelEx 4.0 Final2: Can NOT install this version

I can not install version 4.0 Final2 on my box.
O/S: Windows 98SE Russian.

4.0 RC2, and 4.0 Final can be installed without any problem.
I tried to uninstall them and then make clean install of 4.0 Final2 - no success. I tried to install 4.0 Final2 "above" them - no success also. Please see the attachment to my message containing screenshot of the installer error message.
(Please note, that during installation of 4.0 RC2 and 4.0 Final I also did not see any c:/windows/KernelEx/kernel32.bak).

PS: Creating c:/windows/KernelEx/kernel32.bak before installation of Final2 did not help.

Attached Files

Xeno86

Xeno86

KernelEx Creator

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

KernelEx 4.0 Final2: Can NOT install this version

I can not install version 4.0 Final2 on my box.
O/S: Windows 98SE Russian.

4.0 RC2, and 4.0 Final can be installed without any problem.
I tried to uninstall them and then make clean install of 4.0 Final2 - no success. I tried to install 4.0 Final2 "above" them - no success also. Please see the attachment to my message containing screenshot of the installer error message.
(Please note, that during installation of 4.0 RC2 and 4.0 Final I also did not see any c:/windows/KernelEx/kernel32.bak).

PS: Creating c:/windows/KernelEx/kernel32.bak before installation of Final2 did not help.

This is the punishment for using unofficial Add/Remove applets.
Kernel32.bak is a backup of kernel32.dll created during KernelEx installation. Normally it is reverted during reboot after uninstall.
Tihiy's Add/Remove applet deletes whole KernelEx directory before the file had a chance to be restored.
The dialog tells you what to do.
kernel32.bak has been used even before RC1 was released...

Xeno86

Xeno86

KernelEx Creator

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

Now i want to present a solution for the problem with Flash Player 10 plugin for Firefox 2 or 3 on Win98SE. [...] Well I use the flash9 plugin, but with replaced version information from flash10 (10.0.32.18 or so). I don't even know who am I cheating by doing that - the the browser, the OS, or may be the server.

Would you be so kind and let us know what the problem is?
Flash 10 doesn't work with Firefox 2 when it doesn't have "Windows XP" compatibility setting? Is that the problem you're mentioning? In that case you might try this registry script:

REGEDIT 4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\KernelEx\AppSettings\Configs]
"*\\NPSWF.DLL"="WINXP"
You can even cheat earlier Flash to accept Flash 10 animations that way but that won't make it support elements introduced in Flash 10 so don't be surprised when you see missing elements or errors in animations.

sixcentgeorge

sixcentgeorge

• 40 posts
is it possible to have a zip file of KernelEx 4.0 Final2 ? i mean that allow to install it by hand .

in the future will the patch allow to use the xp drivers for video and sound ?
same question about the memory up to 4 Go and multi-cpu under 9x .

trevor89

trevor89

Junior

• Pip
  • 58 posts
Probably not, at least not by kex.

That would be another project for someone who was willing to change some of the architechture of the kernel.

As for drivers I wouldn't risk it as it may cause more problems than its worth.

What is it with people wanting to install things 'by hand'? this is kernal patching and requires files to be replaced in dos etc, Be thankfull to Xeno for making it as easy as a click.

Trev
Posted Image

Admiral_Zeus

Admiral_Zeus
  • 5 posts
I have installed Sketup 5 Beta. If I used it the Program crashed every time.

Program message: Create File failed for C:\windows\Temp\skpB154.TMP

Sketchup 6 can not installed.

Have anyone installed Sketchup 5 and can work with this program ? :blink:

Juan

Juan

• 11 posts
Hello Xeno,
I tried to install VMware workstation 6.5.3-185404 trial (just to extract the VMw toolkit packaged with it) under
Windows98SE (spanish) 4.10.2222A with KerneEX Final2 core 4.0.102 in a VMware player VM, I had to use the compatibility tab to set it to W2K or XP for running the installer
but It shows this message:
Posted Image
It says there is not enough free space, but there are 3Gb+ free in the emulated disk!
perhaps some disk-checking mechanism is missing to implent.

Best Regards!
Juan

Fredledingue

Fredledingue

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts
Please bear in mind that KernelEX is only adding some APIs (in other words sort of commands used in programs calling functions in dll's.), and only from kernel32.dll.
There are about 700 commonly used API's, perhaps thousands in all, and Xeno86 can only do one at a time. :whistle:

Drivers should be written from scratch and can't rely on random work arounds. However drivers are not so much API dependent but more dependant on hardware architecture, the way the driver interract with the OS. etc
About multi cpu, it has been established that it's almost irrealisable.

These two issues are way beyond the control of kernelEX.

HTASoft.com

superchargedwindows9xig1.png
Still Using W98SE+++ ...Daily.

HardDriv'n

HardDriv'n

Resident Know-It-Not

• PipPip
  • 142 posts
Could this possibly allow me to run the Quicklink Mobile software for two usb modems I use? (Pantech UM150, and UM175)

The dlls complain about needing a newer version of Windows, and this is after manually installing the software and drivers. I looked the software up in Dependancy Walker, but with the exception of the errors reported in the lower pane, I have no idea what this stuff is all about. :blushing:

slhk

slhk

Junior

• Pip
  • 68 posts

I have installed Sketup 5 Beta. If I used it the Program crashed every time.

Program message: Create File failed for C:\windows\Temp\skpB154.TMP

Sketchup 6 can not installed.

Have anyone installed Sketchup 5 and can work with this program ? :blink:

I could run the latest SketchUp 7.1 with KernelEx v 4.0 Final 2. Here is how I installed it

1. Decompress GoogleSketchUpWEN.exe

2. Edit GoogleSketchUp7.msi with Orca, delete "VersionNT>=501" in LaunchCondition

3. Run GoogleSketchUp7.msi. During installation there was a warning "Could not write value SketchUpModule to a key". I just ignored it

When running SketchUp the first time, I encountered "Create File failed for C:\windows\Temp\skpB154.TMP" too. Also the toolbars are corrupted. However these problems did not affect the functioning of the program

esotericmaniac

esotericmaniac
  • 5 posts

Would you be so kind and let us know what the problem is?

The problems is that Firefox (2 or 3 it doesn't matter, as I can see) crushes almost anytime just at the moment of showing flash. In some rear cases firefox shows warning message that not everything about the flash is ok, but I can surf; next time when I open a page - guess what - crushes again. I have tried different things and tricks all day but
no satisfactory result at all. Then merciful God give me an idea how to manage with this nasty flash player. Ad/Banners - I block them using firewall. Video clips are OK.

I tried Flash 10.0.22.87 and Firefox 2&3 & Netscape & Opera9&10.
-----Close/Details messages-------

====Firefox2-compatibility XPSP2-Kernelex enabled====
FIREFOX caused an invalid page fault in module NPSWF32.DLL at 019f:10141d35.
Registers:
EAX=00000004 CS=019f EIP=10141d35 EFLGS=00210246
EBX=00000000 SS=01a7 ESP=00daec34 EBP=0000001f
ECX=dd0833d0 DS=01a7 ESI=036d42e0 FS=0eb7
EDX=00010000 ES=01a7 EDI=036c2000 GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
ff 75 78 8b ce ff 75 7c 57 e8 33 02 fe ff 8b f0
Stack dump:
00000004 00000001 036c2000 00000600 8bde8446 00000020 00000002 02e1618c 841775b4 0000000f 00000005 006550a6 00daec88 60371800 02d89b98 60371810

====Firefox2-compatibility-none-Kernelex enabled======
(the same as above)

====Firefox2-Kernelex disabled======
no crush, but flash in the page is missing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN