Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

KernelEx 4.5.2

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1557 replies to this topic

loblo

loblo

Oldbie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts
Frogman, everyone knows what your problem is by now... :whistle:

And everyone also knows by now that if you want Shockwave 11 to run, the most likely is that you need a more recent CPU than the one you have, one that supports SSE instructions, in addition to have KernelEx installed.

As for your question about setting such or such compatibility mode for control.dll, why don't you try it yourself instead of asking???

:angel

Edited by loblo, 22 November 2010 - 07:40 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

frogman

frogman

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Frogman, everyone knows what your problem is by now... :whistle:
As for your question about setting such or such compatibility mode for control.dll, why don't you try it yourself instead of asking???

You make me so welcome.
Windows 98 S.E - Opera 12.02 - Firefox 3.6.28 - Kernel-Ex 4.5.2 - Internet Explorer 6

Mathwiz

Mathwiz

• 41 posts

Is there any hope of running Silverlight (Microsoft's version of Flash) on Win98 with KernelEx?

:lol: A search in this forum would have given you the answer.

Silverlight & Windows 98SE

Very funny, but that thread merely contains a lot of irrelevant descussion followed by (the link I wish you'd posted):

Silverlight wants .NET 3.5 form what I recall, and one cannot install 3.0 or newer on 9x...

SO, I guess the question becomes: Is there any hope of running .NET 3.5 on Win98 with KernelEx?

Again, I suspect the answer is no, although I've now learned that merely asking can seem unbelievably naive to some folks.

CharlesF

CharlesF

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Bug report: Last version 4.5 RC 5 is breaking my printing (printer HP Laser Jet 1022).

• Print freezing with Word 2200 or Maxthon (IE6SP1)
  • Idem with Ctras.dll renamed in Ctras_dll
Here are Dr. Watson logs:

• Uninstalling RP 9.6 (or downgrading to version 9.6.6) doesn't help
  • No problem to print a test page from the driver
  • Uninstall of KernelEx, or ReInstall of version 4.5RC4 solves the problem!
  • New Uninstall of KernelEx and reinstall of version 4.5 RC 5, and then 'Disable KernelEx extensions' (without reboot) is not helping.

xrayer

xrayer

RayeR

• PipPip
  • 145 posts
Hi, I like to note next 2 programs I successfully run under KEX RC5:

Avanti 0.4.9 GUI for FFMPEG encoder (compat XP-SP2)
MKVMerge GUI 2.9.8 (compat XP-SP2)
Win98(SE)CZ unofficial support site.
Running MSDOS 6.22, FreeDOS, Win98SE+KEX-4.5.2+nSP+nUSB, NT4.0-SP6, WinXP-SP3, Debian Linux
Gigabyte GA-P31-DS3L, Core 2 Duo E8500@3,6GHz, 4GB DDR2, GF7900GT/256M, SSD Samsung 840 Pro, WD1000FBYX SATA, SB Audigy 2

Pari_IT

Pari_IT

• 13 posts
It appears to affect my printer too ....Epson CX3100

paoloapaolo

paoloapaolo

• 19 posts
rc5 version also freezes at startup when there are network printers, I returned to rc4 is more reliable

CharlesF

CharlesF

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

It appears to affect my printer too ....

Hi Pari_IT,

did you try to uninstall KernelEx and then reInstall the former version 4.5 RC 4?
I don't have any printing problem with this one.

frogman

frogman

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
Anyone use the latest version of the SuperAntiSpyware program with KernelEx installed?

http://www.superantispyware.com/
Windows 98 S.E - Opera 12.02 - Firefox 3.6.28 - Kernel-Ex 4.5.2 - Internet Explorer 6

Tihiy

Tihiy

the creator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,930 posts

Donator

CharlesF, Pari_IT, other ppl having printer problems, please give us your printer drivers. It's more like Epson related (CharlesF has Epson drivers too). We don't have Epson printers (nor problems with our printers) so if problem won't be seen in drivers statically, the only option left will be to test all revisions between RC4 and RC5. Thanks.

Pari_IT

Pari_IT

• 13 posts
will get details over the weekend

paoloapaolo

paoloapaolo

• 19 posts
Hi Xeno86,
congratulations for your work, you must point out that
when you exit Google Earth 5.1 the following message

GoogleEarth has caused an invalid page fault in
module KERNEL32.DLL at 0187: bff80c19.
Registers:
EAX = 00000100 CS = 0187 EIP = 00010206 = bff80c19 EFLGS
EBX = 8236dd24 SS = 018f ESP = 02ea0000 EBP = 02ea0030
ECX = DS = 018f ESI = e980f200 000000FF FS = 4ec7
ES = 018f EDX = 8238db68 EDI = 00000000 GS = 0000
Bytes at CS: EIP:
6th 06 8b 45 0c 66 c1 e8 04 89 7d e4 40 0f b7 c0
Picture of the stack:
8236dd24 00000000 82377884 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 02ea0000 02ea0778 bffc05b4 bff795b0 02ea034c bff912ce bff70000 ffffffff 00000004
( see 556-560 Revolutions Pack 9.7.0)
I hope you can fix it in the new version of Kernelex
Greetings

Edited by paoloapaolo, 26 November 2010 - 09:30 AM.

frogman

frogman

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
Possible bug report,

I appear to be missing bookmarkbackup.interval on the about:config on Firefox 3.6.12.

Anyone with KernelEx installed that use this version of Firefox if they could confirm the same please.

CyberyogiCoWindler

CyberyogiCoWindler

Junior

• Pip
  • 77 posts

Possible bug report,

I appear to be missing bookmarkbackup.interval on the about:config on Firefox 3.6.12.

Anyone with KernelEx installed that use this version of Firefox if they could confirm the same please.

My Firefox 3.6.12 lacks it too. (KernelEx 4.5 RC5)

MAY THE SOFTWARE BE WITH YOU!

*============================================================================*
CYBERYOGI Christian Oliver(=CO=) Windler
(teachmaster of LOGOLOGIE - the first cyberage-religion!)
!
*=============================ABANDON=THE=BRUTALITY==========================*
{http://weltenschule.de/e_index.html }

Steven W

Steven W

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Possible bug report,

Well, it must be a super-serious bug, my XP system lacks it too. :rolleyes:

Edit: Try installing Bookmark Backup and see if that's what you're looking for. Here's a link:

http://www.pikey.me....ddon=bb&page=16

Edited by Steven W, 26 November 2010 - 11:08 PM.

frogman

frogman

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Possible bug report,

Well, it must be a super-serious bug, my XP system lacks it too. :rolleyes:

Edit: Try installing Bookmark Backup and see if that's what you're looking for. Here's a link:

http://www.pikey.me....ddon=bb&page=16

Yeah you are right, one must install that add on to get this added to the config.

Thanks again.

CharlesF

CharlesF

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

CharlesF, Pari_IT, other ppl having printer problems, please give us your printer drivers.
It's more like Epson related

Hi Tihiy,

thanks to take an interest to this problem. :)

I have uploaded 3 Drivers:
- EPSON Printer Stylus Photo 870 [version 5.0cF_9598Me]: I don't use anymore this printer (it is not even connected) but driver is still installed;
- EPSON Scanner Perfection 1200 USB [Twain winme version 5.5g];
- HP Printer Laser Jet 1020-1022-PCL5-win9x-fr

at that link: http://dl.free.fr/hwYGSpFsd

I am right now with KernelEx 4.5 RC4 installed, but if necessary I could reinstall RC5 and try to:
* uninstall of the EPSON Printer driver, to see if it helps,
* use the EPSON Scanner to know if KernelEx is freezing it also.

quist

quist
  • 4 posts
MagicJack
Plugged it in, Win98se loaded all drivers, device shows up in file explorer and two usb devices in Device Manager (USB Disk -TigerJet HardDisk G: and USB CD-ROM -TigerJet CDROMH:), got dial tone.
magicJackLoader.exe did not auto start (note: on XP it has a desktop link), so started it manually - got OS error. changed compatiblity to XP SP2 and then it started (at least dos tlist command showed it was loaded) but no proceed.
Manually started magicJack.exe in same mode...2 error boxes

C:\Windows\Application Data\mjusbsp\magicJack.exe
A device attached to the system is not functioning.

magicJack.exe file is linked to missing export avicap32.dll:capGetDriverDiscriptionW.

avicap32.dll version 4.03.1998
Windows98se, Kernelex 4.5 RC5
:hello: just for grins

Fantastic job!, no real problems to report. Even Epson Stylus CX5000 printer is working fine.

Pari_IT

Pari_IT

• 13 posts
Hi Tihiy
After 1/2 ream of paper and an ink cartridge I am still struggling to define the cause of my problems
1. the result is constant......print box appears....you click print.....system locks
2. 3 fingered salute gives programme not responding...click end task and desk top comes back with no task bar.....but is dead.....power off is only way to recover
3. using all upgrades in this forum
4. printer CX3100 driver EPIJNL60.drv
5.no kernelex all ok but obviously no firefox 3.6.12
6. kernelex 4.5 rc4 firefox but no print straight to lockup after printbox
7. kernelex 4.5 rc5 firefox prints normaly ...close firefox.....print from elsewhere ok...restart firefox lockup..power off...restart...print from firefox lockup
8. firefox would not print directly to printer...needed to be spooled
9. problem seems to be in spool/firefox/epson areas
10. this is an improvement...earlier kernelex either printed nothing or black bands although no lockup
11. have tried all tricks in this forum
12. am I expecting to much? but browser that doesn't print is of limited use

HTH

Steven W

Steven W

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 365 posts

MagicJack
Plugged it in, Win98se loaded all drivers, device shows up in file explorer and two usb devices in Device Manager (USB Disk -TigerJet HardDisk G: and USB CD-ROM -TigerJet CDROMH:), got dial tone.
magicJackLoader.exe did not auto start (note: on XP it has a desktop link), so started it manually - got OS error. changed compatiblity to XP SP2 and then it started (at least dos tlist command showed it was loaded) but no proceed.
Manually started magicJack.exe in same mode...2 error boxes

C:\Windows\Application Data\mjusbsp\magicJack.exe
A device attached to the system is not functioning.

magicJack.exe file is linked to missing export avicap32.dll:capGetDriverDiscriptionW.

avicap32.dll version 4.03.1998
Windows98se, Kernelex 4.5 RC5
:hello: just for grins

Fantastic job!, no real problems to report. Even Epson Stylus CX5000 printer is working fine.

I'm curious quist, In the Device Manager (Under Sound Devices), does USB Internet Phone show up as installed properly? If so, can you open a sound recording program, like Soundrec or Audacity and record your voice from the phone?

If you try this, you may have to select the device in the Volume Control.

Edited by Steven W, 27 November 2010 - 11:54 PM.

Tihiy

Tihiy

the creator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,930 posts

Donator

Pari_IT No, Firefox 3+ can't print, sorry. Do you have problems with printing from other apps with KernelEx?

quist

quist
  • 4 posts

I'm curious quist, In the Device Manager (Under Sound Devices), does USB Internet Phone show up as installed properly? If so, can you open a sound recording program, like Soundrec or Audacity and record your voice from the phone?

If you try this, you may have to select the device in the Volume Control.

Not USB Internet Phone, but it shows up as USB Audio Device...working properly.
Using Windows sound recorder (sndrec32.exe) and as you suggested, opening sndvol32.exe, the device Handset came up in the control. Ticking record shows an entry named Unknown, selected it and turned the volume up - hit record and the dial tone stopped, so I said "Watson come here" in the handset and could see it recording. Pushed play expecting to hear it through the comps speakers, duh...yes, it played back fine in the handset. So it would appear the drivers can handle it, but (as you probably know) without the program you can't dial.

Tihiy

Tihiy

the creator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,930 posts

Donator

You can hex-edit and change capGetDriverDiscriptionW to capGetDriverDiscriptionA and capCreateCaptureWindowW to capCreateCaptureWindowA and MagicJack will start but won't work properly (error connecting to servers).

frogman

frogman

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts
Sorry folks, but I have just noticed that I am unable to print from web pages on either of my browsers I.E6 or Firefox 3.6.12

Would enabling Firefox and I.E to Windows 98 compatibility mode help in this issue?

EDIT,

I just tested I.E and set it to Windows 98 compatibility mode and it let me print pages, so that should work on FF hopefully.

Nope, no luck with that.

Edited by frogman, 28 November 2010 - 09:49 AM.

frogman

frogman

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Pari_IT No, Firefox 3+ can't print, sorry. Do you have problems with printing from other apps with KernelEx?

Hi, I take it this is a KernelEx issue then?

I suppose I can just print using I.E as it seems to be ok with that particular browser.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Baidu (1)

How to remove advertisement from MSFN