Integrating Programs into unattended install

I've got the unattended xp install down nlite is a nice tool and i wished i found it before i did the project manually following some directions i found online.

BUT

i see all these posts about integrating hotfixes and ect. but heres what i'm after-

I'd like to run my unattended cd on any computer - and upon start up see programs installed such as mozilla firefox , adobe reader, and office.

I'm aware that what i'm asking doesnt address drivers BUT thats okay

Thanks any suggestions are welcomed-

Cheers-

So i've looked around on my own here- and Creating your RunOnceEx.cmd file seems the way to get these files to install - understand that i even understand the switches.

My understanding is that this runonceEX.cmd file contains lines of code that "call" upon an application to be installed. so that being said -

1) where do I put these files within the unattended boot cd ?

2) DO the installation files go on the unattended boot cd?

thanks for the help,

cheers

mas294

In the Unattended windows guide you'll find plentiful of information about installing methods.

Keep an eye too on RyanVM page, besides the update packs you may find useful for you, there's a switchless installers subforum with software you can integrate in your CD with nlite; and visit too the applications install subforum and nLite add-ons subforum of this site. And WinAddOns.com

Edited by strel

Thanks for the response - i'll check that out-

But in the meantime i'll update you folks- I figured it out- I did some looking around and finally figured it out took a bunch of attempts and testing but I got it- was a fun learning experience.

I'm running into one wall though.

Here's what i've got so far- i've created the unattended boot cd- integrated the programs that i want installed BUT when i get to the program installation point after the first logon it requires input to install.

Is there a way to completely automate the installations of the programs?

the programs i am installing are as follows:

7zip

.net framework sp1

mozilla thunderbird

mozilla firefox

cdburnerxp

adobe reader 9

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

mas294

So i've looked around on my own here- and Creating your RunOnceEx.cmd file seems the way to get these files to install
Simply creating a file named "RunOnceEx.cmd" does not install applications. Instead, add registry keys and values to [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx] to install applications or use a script or batch file at RunOnce to run the installations