Revolutions Pack 9.7

Tray still flickers
Yep, I left this issue unresolved because it's not so widespread, but it would be isolated someday.
KTM8 reports USER, GDI and SYS resources.
SYS represents free space in 16-bit global heap.

Hi Tihiy,

may I ask you a question ? I changed my scheme (from WaterColor EB to Royale_Small). But I don't know for what reason I did not pass through RGConfig in the start menu , but through Display Properties / Appearance / Schemes. In the list of schemes I found the following entry : TaskbarSizeMove. Does this belong to RP9 ?

(Or does this come from another program ? Because if I click on it, Dr. Watson enters into action (message saying that Kernel32.dll (Rundll32.exe) used a uninitialized function pointer) and Display properties closes. No ther consequence).

Thanks for your hepl

Roger

Now that I looked closer, I did notice the systray flickering, but it's happening rarely here (GeForce4 Ti4200 VTD8X, 2monitors @ 60Hz refresh).

After disabling and reenabling tray clock, it only flickers ocasionally. However, I keep taskbar autohidden so it's really of no importance to me.

What may be more of a disturbance is the taskbar buttons flickering when quickly hovering the Start Menu items up and down. While doing that, the taskbar buttons seem to be briefly displaced horizontally and a ghost empty button quickly glimpses onto the empty taskbar space. Very much similar to an old TClock3 issue (at the time it was still working in Win98SE).

Not much of a bother to me either (it's probably been there for a long time, unnoticed), but since it's reporting time... :whistle:

@ RodgerOver: I think one of your themes' initialization file may be corrupt, please check them all thoroughly (%WINDIR%\Resources\Themes). (far off, as seen below - disregard this)

Edited by Drugwash

I failed to upgrade from 9.0.10 to 9.1.0. It said "GDI update is required for your system". I ran RP9Updates.exe twice but still had this problem

I have checked that my gdiplus.dll version is 5.1.3102.1360 (xpsp2.040109-1800)

Any hints how to solve this? Thank you

I am, too, getting "GDI upgrade is required for your system" message.

I'm using Win98 SE (english), i did put DIBENG update and put GDI+ runtime in appropriate folder, i also installed Trebuchet MS just in case, but to no avail... :(

And I'm not getting anything sensible out of the hotfix on Microsoft site you posted. It's just a password protected self extractor containing only hotfix.txt file which in turn doesn't contain anything useful. Am I missing something?

Edited by rustweaver

And I'm not getting anything sensible out of the hotfix on Microsoft site you posted. It's just a password protected self extractor containing only hotfix.txt file which in turn doesn't contain anything useful. Am I missing something?
Seems like M$ joke. Turn on additional info and download >110KB version. Although i would recommend some Unofficial Service Pack / MDGx site.

The WindowsME GDI files (both GDI.EXE and GDI32.DLL) can be installed on 98SE systems (in DOS mode and only both of them at once). I've done that few years ago and it helped running certain stubborn application.

There is an updated pack at MDGx's site (4.90.3003), can safely be used.

They may however require some additional library, can't remember now, so make sure you keep a backup copy of both files at hand, just in case.

Edited by Drugwash

I get an error right after installing, rebooting and choosing a skin. I have installed

IE6 and the unofficial GDI-update.

However, the icons display flawlessly. Thanx for making this possible on my

24-bit display :thumbup

post-200195-1240903206_thumb.jpg