Revolutions Pack 9.7

i'm making a windows logon process project, but i need help, when i change these key on HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders and when i restart the windows explorer, it rechange all key to default (C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP) and i want another directory :o:(

Works fine,but I have a problem with the XP theme that it hasnt the XP-style fonts on toolbars which show etc My Computer(i have cleartype on)

otherwise its a w e s o m e

Edited by andrisstr

I have an issue (not very annoying). Often after playing "Plants vs Zombies" (DirectX 8 game) several times some icons (not all) on the desktop lose their transparency. It happens mostly after plants vs Zombies was launched and played, then closed, then launched and closed again. Desktop restores after reboot only. May be that occurs because I have a shortcut to the deleted app on the desktop, but the icon is still correct - may be cached somewhere.

i'm making a windows logon process project, but i need help, when i change these key on HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders and when i restart the windows explorer, it rechange all key to default (C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP) and i want another directory :o:(
You need to create another key, by the name of:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

and inside it create only the entries with the non-default directory. There must be two separate entries for each of them, one in Shell Folders and one in User Shell Folders. Make sure the entries in both places are exactly equal. Now the changes will stick.

Tihiy,Bug report,this "onley" happends when i have 10 or 15 Internet Explorer windows open.i can close all Internet Explorer windows after this happens and it wont go away Intill i reboot.when i reboot everythings back to normal.Like i said,it onley happends when i have 10-15 Plus windows open.So its really no problem.

Screenshot

post-244016-1247431017_thumb.jpg

I was setting up a 98SE box with all the custom updates and whatnot, and had decided to give RP9 a go, not realizing at the time that it had benefits beyond skinning and a handful of utility replacements (this should really be advertized on it's page a bit more). I was reading up on why I seemed to keep running into crashes, now that I'm more technical than when I ran 98SE as a kid, and discovered the 16-bit heap problem thread. I read there that RP9 can alleviate (to some degree) problems with the heaps, and any alleviation would be welcome here. Thusly I set off to download it again, the server being down the first time, and found that even though a few days have passed, the server is still down. There are precious few mirrors of this on the net as well, for some reason. Most sites just link back to it. So, having found a copy (on some foreign site), I thought I'd make the link available to my fellow 98SE lovers.

It's a japanese site so rather difficult to navigate though:

http://www.oyksoft.com/downinfo/8769.html

As well, I'm a coder and computer expert, so perhaps I'll find something or another to contribute to the community here, now that I'm a member of the forum (I'm really lazy about signing up for forums, I've lurked here for some time).

Edit: Wow, this has completely solved the heap problem for me, at least at my current levels of usage. I had just barely begun to use this install when I was bombarded with heap problems. Switching from Seamonkey to Opera helped as well (1.17 seamonkey 9.64 opera), as Seamonkey doesn't seem to play well with heaps, nor does IE6SP1.

Anywho thanks for making this.

Edited by EyesOfARaven

How would I identify version number? RPConfig.exe identifies its version as 9.1.0.0 in the version I have (which I downloaded April 26th).

Anyhow, I've uploaded it:

Link removed since Tihiy's site is back.

Also, I've had no significant trouble with IE6 and its heap usage (in the 8-ish years I've had the same install of Win98SE on this computer), with the exception that poorly made Flash dealies can easily exhaust the heap (but the same is true with Flash in Opera).

Edit: Removed link; don't want people confused over the proper place to download from when Tihiy's site is operational.

Queue

Edited by Queue

How would I identify version number? RPConfig.exe identifies its version as 9.1.0.0 in the version I have (which I downloaded April 26th).
April 26th, 2009 is RP9_1_0_RTM all right. My own copy is from April 25th, and you've just beaten me to uploading it. :thumbup

I saved copies of a few different versions and happen to also have 9.1.0.0 from the 25th. Two of the contained files have differing checksums: on.reg and RPSetup.exe.

The difference in on.reg is the removal of "TaskbarSizeMove"=-

I'm not sure what the difference in RPSetup.exe is.

Queue

Thanks a ton for uploading the file.

You're right about IE. It's pretty **** stable for normal browsing, but the second it hits flash it starts eating the stack and usually crashes some time after that. Opera seems to crash whenever it **** well pleases, but is more compatible with the modern web (as it's current ofc), and deals better with flash. My solution is to use IE6 for everything until I'm going to watch a video, then switch over to Opera real quick.

If you browse a few pages in Opera, the stack takes a ridiculous hit (20% or so), I'm looking at it right now as I post this through Opera.

Anywho time to enjoy some AVGN after a reboot to apply the new RP9, thanks again.

Edit: to be specific, it's the GDI stack.

Edited by EyesOfARaven

My solution is to use IE6 for everything until I'm going to watch a video, then switch over to Opera real quick.

-_- Honestly, that's exactly what I do as well.

I use Bear to check on GDI usage when using Opera.

http://www.geocities.com/the_real_sz/misc/bear_.htm

I also have an ancient 16-bit application that came with MSVC++ 6.0 called Stress Test, but it has issues (mainly, it doesn't comprehend my HD being larger than 2GB).

Queue

Edited by Queue

Anybody got a mirror for the DIB update required for 32-bit icons? I probably will end up sticking with the 98 icons, as I've been known to use them even on newer versions of Windows, but I'd like to have my options open, and can't seem to locate it.

As well, any idea why IE6 for 98 displays the arrow to the right of the "More" button on Google as a undefined character (box), whereas IE6 on XP does not? I'd guess that it's a font issue, and thusly fixable, so perhaps that could be looked into further..