Printing via "Standard TCP/IP Port"

modicr

Can't remember which version I've installed nor if there were any issues at install time (I hate my failing memory!) but I know it does work.

EDIT: Looking in my 'drivers' folder I see only hpspm98.exe, which would be v2.10. As long as it works it doesn't really matter if it's an older version.

Maybe it needs specific compatibility mode (such as 98SE) if you're using KernelEx.

ISRT, just as a wild guess, could stand for 'InstallShield RunTime' but could also mean something else.

Edited by Drugwash

EDIT: Looking in my 'drivers' folder I see only hpspm98.exe, which would be v2.10. As long as it works it doesn't really matter if it's an older version.

Found version 2.11.15.0 here.

Just passing through, I'm not familiar with this issue, but when I saw it mentioned I thought it best to try and find any HP tools associated with 9x since they wiped them all at Microsoft's bidding.

EDIT: typo

Edited by LoneCrusader

Very kind of you, thank you very much! :thumbup

EDIT: After downloading and a binary compare, the old and new files are identical. File version says (in both): 2.10.00.03

But that's fine, at least we got alternative links to download from. :)

Edited by Drugwash

Very kind of you, thank you very much! :thumbup

EDIT: After downloading and a binary compare, the old and new files are identical. File version says (in both): 2.10.00.03

But that's fine, at least we got alternative links to download from. :)

Hmm.. I just looked at the version displayed on the top of the Properties tab. Apparently their "version control" is lacking. lol

Just passing through, I'm not familiar with this issue, but when I saw it mentioned I thought it best to try and find any HP tools associated with 9x since they wiped them all at Microsoft's bidding.

Yeah, finding this tool was indeed a pita. I could send you version 4.00.01.

Of course, I tried all possible kernelex-comp-modes but installation always failed. Anybody knows where to find 5.x ?

For non-3d-Party-apps, "net use" in a BAT (e.g. Autoexec) is the way to go (did that 8yrs ago in a VM to a Shared USB printer).

But thanks for the App links, though. ;)

(chippied *chipped in so I would remember the topic...) ( OK, now I'm a "chippie" :w00t: )

Edited by submix8c

O.K., finally the easiest way to do what I needed to achive was using the HP tool !!

But I could only install hp2pm98.exe.! Versions 3.x, 4.x. and 5.x all failed to install with the above already mentioned error.

I googled a little bit and found the following in post #5.

https://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?136727-isrt-dll-access-denied-could-not-be-removed-at-end-of-install-uninstall

Apparently anything from Window XP Hotfix Q328310 was causing this.

So I think it is necessary to downgrade certain files to ME or maybe even 98SE versions again.

Unfortunately I could not find the contents of this hot fix. Does anyone maybe know where to find more infos ?

Thanks

• 6 months later...

I would like a link to the 4.00 download. Sadly, both of the links are now dead, and Googling gets me almost nowhere ("fix errors with hpjsi_en.exe", etc.). I am trying to set up my HP Officejet Pro 8610 on my Dell Inspiron 7000 running Windows 98 SE. Failing that, I might go up to 2000 (or ME if I'm desperate), or I may go with NT 4.0.

For reference, I tried the 2.10 installer and it didn't install anything, I tried the 3.06 installer and it found the printer but gave me an error, and the 4.00 download links, as I said, are both dead.