RE: WinSetupFromUSB (0.1.1, latest at the time of writing)
* Trying to install Win XP sp 3, nlited install with drivers for drive, options but no addons.
* First part goes fine; I reboot
* Windows starts and I anticipate second part of installation. "Windows loading screen" (don't know actual name) is shown, then the familiar windows blue desktop color appears...
but then, before anything else is shown, a command/terminal window and a dialogue on it appears.
* The dialogue displays an error:
16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.
WinSetupFromUSB_prob.jpg 24.01KB 13 downloads
The commandline title is "setup -newsetup"
* I have looked for a logfile to submit, but I have not found any.
* I have tried different windows xp images, removed all addons to have a clean, trying to see if the problem might be somewhere else. No luck so far.
* Other have experienced this problem, see here:
Any clues as to what may be causing this problem?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Edited by mawi, 21 March 2009 - 04:05 AM.