Missing monitor resolution (1680 x 1050)
Posted 20 March 2009 - 07:29 AM
I have a big problem. I use a computer based on an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard, video card ati radeon 9800 XT. On the same computer I use windows Me, Xp, Vista.
Now I have a new 22" widescreen monitor. Under windows Xp and Vista, I 'unlocked' 1680 x 1050 pixel resolution using ati catalyst control center (I disable EDID which is for Extended Display Identification Data), so I can use the fully monitor resolution.
Under windows me I'm not able to unlock 1680 x 1050, ati catalyst control center does not support windows 9x, I also tried to use this software copying it from his folder (under xp);
so I have to use 1600 x 1200 ............
Is there a way to unlock edid under windows 9x, is there a registry trick to force 1680 x 1050 resolution.
Thanks for the attention.
Posted 20 March 2009 - 10:07 AM
I generated a new .inf monitor file with new max resolution value (1680 x 1050).
In the control panel -> monitor -> install new monitor (I have used the .inf file created).
I found new resolution.
Thank you from Italy!!
Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:31 PM
HARD POWER CYCLE YOUR MONITOR to force it to discover or in this case rediscover it's Native Resolution
Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:53 PM
Edit: I know the trial expiration disabled any new geometries I added (vertical-horizontal screen widths, pincushions, etc).
This post has been edited by technoid: 24 October 2011 - 05:55 PM
Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:19 AM
here's what I did:
1. one day my viewsonic 22 inch square missing 1680x1080 , I don't know why , maybe because my brother's game. (I tried everything, update driver,powerstrip, reinstall VGA driver still doesn't work)
I try to turn it OFF
2. I change my other monitor Dell 24 wide and replace viewsonic 22. Turn it ON. Right click on desktop>settings>
Change my resolution to 1920 x 1080, turn it OFF
3. Replace again my monitor to viewsonic 22 inch square.
And Walaaaa... my 1680x1080 back to normal..
I don't know what happen, but it WORKS !!!!
sorry for my English, cheers from Indonesia
- ← Windows 98 SE with some problems
- Windows 9x Member Projects
- Windows 98 SE doesn't let remove safely →