Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

IE8 support?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

kenlau

kenlau

Junior

• Pip
  • 72 posts

I tried the modified hfslip but at first stage of install I got an error that it says that system cannot copy ie8props.propdesc

Sorry if I gave you the impression it is working. My post is more of a working log. and maybe the author can use it to fine tune and make it work.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

rhadamants

rhadamants

• 10 posts

I inserted rhadamants's code into hfslip-1.7.9_beta_d.cmd, and try slipstreaming IE8. So far, at T13 there has been some errors, as well as at first startup.

The install has not yet completed, so I make a full report later, but it does not look promising.

Edit 1: " Windows cannot start. The comment "Window cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

Edit 2: Oops! I include IE8 in the HF folder as well as OnePiece_IE8_WinXPSP3_v1.0.1_AddOn_ENU.7z in the HFAAO folder. Will retry again tonight with only IE8 in the HF folder.

Edit 3: Attach modified cmd file.

Edit 4: Attach slipstream log.

Edit 5: The modified cmd file does NOT work. Going to try the HFAOO method.

It forgives me the delay, but I am trying to adapt so far in 1.7.9 and nothing. I go to try one plug-in the 1.7.9. I prefer hfslip 2.0 I understand the code well.

bfc_xxx

bfc_xxx

• PipPip
  • 158 posts

It forgives me the delay, but I am trying to adapt so far in 1.7.9 and nothing. I go to try one plug-in the 1.7.9. I prefer hfslip 2.0 I understand the code well.

Is it possible to slipstream IE8 with hfslip 2.0modded and then all other updates with hfslip 1.7.9 ??

rhadamants

rhadamants

• 10 posts

Is it possible to slipstream IE8 with hfslip 2.0modded and then all other updates with hfslip 1.7.9 ??

Find:
IF EXIST HF\IE7-WindowsX* FOR /F %%I IN ('DIR/B HF\IE7-WindowsXP-x*') DO SET IE7EXE=%%I

Add below:
IF EXIST HF\IE8-WindowsX* FOR /F %%I IN ('DIR/B HF\IE8-WindowsXP-x*') DO SET IE8EXE=%%I

Find:
IF "%IE7SLIPSTREAM%"=="1" SET /A HFSLP=!HFSLP!+1&CALL :IE7SLIP

Add below:
IF DEFINED IE8EXE SET /A HFSLP=!HFSLP!+1&CALL :IE8SLIP

Find:
ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT REN %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\pngfilt2.dll pngfilt.dll
)

Add below:
IF EXIST WORK\I386E\dxtmsft.dll (
	REN WORK\I386E\dxtmsft.dll dxtmsft2.dll
	REN WORK\I386E\I386\dxtrans.dll dxtrans2.dll
	REN WORK\I386E\mshtmled.dll mshtmld2.dll
	REN WORK\I386E\mstime.dll mstime2.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT COPY/Y %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\dxtmsft2.dll %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\dllcache\dxtmsft.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT DEL/Q/F %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\dxtmsft.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT REN %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\dxtmsft2.dll dxtmsft.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT COPY/Y %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\dxtrans2.dll %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\dllcache\dxtrans.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT DEL/Q/F %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\dxtrans.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT REN %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\dxtrans2.dll dxtrans.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT COPY/Y %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\mshtmld2.dll %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\dllcache\mshtmled.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT DEL/Q/F %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\mshtmled.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT REN %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\mshtmld2.dll mshtmled.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT COPY/Y %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\mstime2.dll %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\dllcache\mstime.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT DEL/Q/F %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\mstime.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT REN %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\mstime2.dll mstime.dll
	REN WORK\I386E\iepeers.dll iepeers2.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT COPY/Y %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\iepeers2.dll %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\dllcache\iepeers.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT DEL/Q/F %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\iepeers.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT REN %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\iepeers2.dll iepeers.dll
	REN WORK\I386E\wininet.dll wininet3.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT COPY/Y %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\wininet3.dll %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\dllcache\wininet.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT REN %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\wininet.dll wininet.old
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT REN %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\wininet3.dll wininet.dll
	REN WORK\I386E\urlmon.dll urlmon3.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFS_SYS32.TXT iertutil.dll&ECHO>>WORK\HFSSDF.TXT iertutil.dll=1
	ECHO>>WORK\HFS_SYS32.TXT urlmon.dll,urlmon3.dll&ECHO>>WORK\HFSSDF.TXT urlmon3.dll=1
	ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF iertutil.dll = 1,,,,,,,,3,3&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,iertutil.dll
	ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF urlmon3.dll = 1,,,,,,,,3,3&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,urlmon3.dll
)

Add in the end of the archive before the last :EOF
:IE8SLIP
TITLE %T1% - Processing Internet Explorer 8
MD WORK\IE7&START/WAIT HF\IE8-WindowsXP-x86-PTB.exe /Q /X:WORK\IE7
FINDSTR/I "MuiCultureDirectory" WORK\IE7\UPDATE\update.inf>WORK\muicult.txt
FOR /F "TOKENS=2 DELIMS== " %%I IN ('FINDSTR/VIR "\." WORK\muicult.txt') DO SET MUICD=%%~I
COPY WORK\IE7\UPDATE\EULA.RTF WORK\IE7\IE8Eula.rtf >NUL
FOR /F %%I IN ('DIR/B WORK\IE7\UPDATE\*.INF') DO (COPY WORK\IE7\UPDATE\%%I "WORK\INFS\!HFSLP!.INF" >NUL&CALL :HFSLIPINFCREATOR1)
SET TXTDIR05=1&SET TXTDIR31=1&SET TXTDIR32=1&SET TXTDIR33=1&SET TXTDIR34=1
IF "%VERSION%"=="XP" IF "%SP%"=="3" (
	DEL/Q/F WORK\IE7\browseui.dll WORK\IE7\html.iec WORK\IE7\ieencode.dll
	DEL/Q/F WORK\IE7\msls31.dll WORK\IE7\shdocvw.dll WORK\IE7\shlwapi.dll
)
ECHO>>WORK\HFSDST.TXT PFIE=16422,"Internet Explorer"
ECHO>>WORK\HFSDST.TXT PFIELG4=16422,"Internet Explorer\%MUICD%"
ECHO>>WORK\HFSSDF.TXT ieproxy.dll=1&ECHO>>WORK\HFS_PFIE.TXT ieproxy.dll
ECHO>>WORK\HFSSDF.TXT hmmapi.mui=1&ECHO>>WORK\HFS_PFIELG4.TXT hmmapi.dll.mui,hmmapi.mui
ECHO>>WORK\HFSSDF.TXT iexplore.mui=1&ECHO>>WORK\HFS_PFIELG4.TXT iexplore.exe.mui,iexplore.mui
REN "WORK\IE7\ExtExport.exe" extexpor.exe
REN "WORK\IE7\ie8props.propdesc" ie8props.pro
REN "WORK\IE7\jsdebuggeride.dll" jsdbride.dll
REN "WORK\IE7\jsdebuggeride.dll.mui" jsdbride.mui
REN "WORK\IE7\JSProfilerCore.dll" jspfcore.dll
REN "WORK\IE7\jsprofilerui.dll" jspfiler.dll
ECHO>>WORK\HFS_PFIE.TXT ie8props.propdesc,ie8props.pro&ECHO>>WORK\HFSSDF.TXT ie8props.pro=1
ECHO>>WORK\HFS_PFIE.TXT iexplore.exe.mui,iexplore.mui&ECHO>>WORK\HFSSDF.TXT iexplore.mui=1
ECHO>>WORK\HFS_PFIE.TXT iecompat.dll&ECHO>>WORK\HFSSDF.TXT iecompat.dll=1
ECHO>>WORK\HFS_PFIE.TXT iedvtool.dll&ECHO>>WORK\HFSSDF.TXT iedvtool.dll=1
ECHO>>WORK\HFS_PFIE.TXT jsdbgui.dll&ECHO>>WORK\HFSSDF.TXT jsdbgui.dll=1
ECHO>>WORK\HFS_PFIE.TXT jsdebuggeride.dll,jsdbride.dll&ECHO>>WORK\HFSSDF.TXT jsdbride.dll=1
ECHO>>WORK\HFS_PFIE.TXT JSProfilerCore.dll,jspfcore.dll&ECHO>>WORK\HFSSDF.TXT jspfcore.dll=1
ECHO>>WORK\HFS_PFIE.TXT jsprofilerui.dll,jspfiler.dll&ECHO>>WORK\HFSSDF.TXT jspfiler.dll=1
ECHO>>WORK\HFS_PFIE.TXT pdm.dll&ECHO>>WORK\HFSSDF.TXT pdm.dll=1
ECHO>>WORK\HFS_PFIE.TXT sqmapi.dll&ECHO>>WORK\HFSSDF.TXT sqmapi.dll=1
ECHO>>WORK\HFS_PFIE.TXT xpshims.dll&ECHO>>WORK\HFSSDF.TXT xpshims.dll=1
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF ieproxy.dll = 1,,,,,,,,3,3&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,ieproxy.dll
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF hmmapi.mui = 1,,,,,,,,3,3&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,hmmapi.mui
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF iexplore.mui = 1,,,,,,,,3,3&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,iexplore.mui
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF extexpor.exe = 1,,,,,,,,3,3&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,extexpor.exe
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF ie8props.pro = 1,,,,,,,,3,3&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,ie8props.pro
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF iecompat.dll = 1,,,,,,,,3,3&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,iecompat.dll
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF iedvtool.dll = 1,,,,,,,,3,3&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,iedvtool.dll
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF jsdbgui.dll = 1,,,,,,,,3,3&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,jsdbgui.dll
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF jsdbride.dll = 1,,,,,,,,3,3&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,jsdbride.dll
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF jspfcore.dll = 1,,,,,,,,3,3&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,jspfcore.dll
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF jspfiler.dll = 1,,,,,,,,3,3&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,jspfiler.dll
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF pdm.dll = 1,,,,,,,,3,3&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,pdm.dll
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF sqmapi.dll = 1,,,,,,,,3,3&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,sqmapi.dll
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF xpshims.dll = 1,,,,,,,,3,3&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,xpshims.dll
REN "WORK\IE7\JSProfilerCore.dll.mui" jspfcore.mui
REN "WORK\IE7\jsprofilerui.dll.mui" jspfiler.mui
ECHO>>WORK\HFS_PFIELG4.TXT iedvtool.dll.mui,iedvtool.mui&ECHO>>WORK\HFSSDF.TXT iedvtool.mui=1
ECHO>>WORK\HFS_PFIELG4.TXT jsdbgui.dll.mui,jsdbgui.mui&ECHO>>WORK\HFSSDF.TXT jsdbgui.mui=1
ECHO>>WORK\HFS_PFIELG4.TXT jsdebuggeride.dll.mui,jsdbride.mui&ECHO>>WORK\HFSSDF.TXT jsdbride.mui=1
ECHO>>WORK\HFS_PFIELG4.TXT JSProfilerCore.dll.mui,jspfcore.mui&ECHO>>WORK\HFSSDF.TXT jspfcore.mui=1
ECHO>>WORK\HFS_PFIELG4.TXT jsprofilerui.dll.mui,jspfiler.mui&ECHO>>WORK\HFSSDF.TXT jspfiler.mui=1
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF iedvtool.mui = 1,,,,,,,,3,3&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,iedvtool.mui
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF jsdbgui.mui = 1,,,,,,,,3,3&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,jsdbgui.mui
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF jsdbride.mui = 1,,,,,,,,3,3&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,jsdbride.mui
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF jspfcore.mui = 1,,,,,,,,3,3&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,jspfcore.mui
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF jspfiler.mui = 1,,,,,,,,3,3&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,jspfiler.mui
ECHO>>WORK\HFREGWU.TXT HKU,".DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3}\iexplore\AllowedDomains\microsoft.com",,,
ECHO>>WORK\RGSVRWU.TXT HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\ZZB","100",0,"%%11%%\regsvr32 /s """%%16422%%\Internet Explorer\ieproxy.dll""""
ECHO>>WORK\RGSVRWU.TXT HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\ZZB","101",0,"%%11%%\regsvr32 /s /i /n """%%11%%\ieframe.dll""""
ECHO>>WORK\RGSVRWU.TXT HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx\ZZB","102",0,"%%11%%\regsvr32 /s """%%11%%\actxprxy.dll""""
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF advpack.mui = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0,advpack.dll.mui&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,advpack.mui
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF ieframe.mui = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0,ieframe.dll.mui&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,ieframe.mui
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF msfdsbs.dll = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0,msfeedsbs.dll&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,msfdsbs.dll
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF msfdsync.exe = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0,msfeedssync.exe&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,msfdsync.exe
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF wfxdocob.exe = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0,WinFXDocObj.exe&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,wfxdocob.exe
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF ie4uinit.mui = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0,ie4uinit.exe.mui&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,ie4uinit.mui
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF iedkcs32.mui = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0,iedkcs32.dll.mui&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,iedkcs32.mui
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF msdbg2.dll = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,msdbg2.dll
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF mshta.mui = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0,mshta.exe.mui&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,mshta.mui
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF msrating.mui = 1,,,,,,,2,0,0,msrating.dll.mui&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,msrating.mui
FOR /F "TOKENS=1,2 DELIMS=," %%I IN ('FINDSTR/I "wav...8" WORK\IE7\UPDATE\UPDATE.INF') DO (
	IF NOT DEFINED %%~JDONE FOR /F "TOKENS=* DELIMS= " %%A IN ('ECHO %%I') DO (
		ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF %%~J = 1,,,,,,,26,0,0,%%A&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,%%~J
	)
	SET %%~JDONE=1
)
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF htmliec.mui = 1,,,,,,,1005,0,0,html.iec.mui&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,htmliec.mui
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF inetcpl.mui = 1,,,,,,,1005,0,0,inetcpl.cpl.mui&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,inetcpl.mui
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF msfdsbs.mui = 1,,,,,,,1005,0,0,msfeedsbs.dll.mui&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,msfdsbs.mui
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF wfxdocob.mui = 1,,,,,,,1005,0,0,WinFXDocObj.exe.mui&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,wfxdocob.mui
FOR /F "DELIMS=." %%I IN ('DIR/B WORK\IE7\*DLL.MUI') DO IF /I NOT "%%I"=="msfeedsbs" IF /I NOT "%%I"=="jsdebuggeride" IF /I NOT "%%I"=="JSProfilerCore" IF /I NOT "%%I"=="jsprofilerui" (
	ECHO>>WORK\IE7DLL.TXT %%I
	ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF %%I.mui = 1,,,,,,,1005,0,0,%%I.dll.mui&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,%%I.mui
)
FOR /F "DELIMS=." %%I IN ('DIR/B WORK\IE7\*EXE.MUI') DO IF /I NOT "%%I"=="WinFXDocObj" (
	ECHO>>WORK\IE7EXE.TXT %%I
	ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF %%I.mui = 1,,,,,,,1005,0,0,%%I.exe.mui&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,%%I.mui
)
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF msfdsbs.mof = 1,,,,,,,1031,0,0,msfeedsbs.mof&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,msfdsbs.mof
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF msfeeds.mof = 1,,,,,,,1031,0,0&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,msfeeds.mof
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF webcheck.ini = 1,,,,,,,1032,0,0,desktop.ini&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,webcheck.ini
ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF occache.ini = 1,,,,,,,1033,0,0,desktop.ini&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,occache.ini
FOR /F %%I IN ('DIR/B WORK\IE7\*.IEM') DO ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF %%I = 1,,,,,,,1034,0,0&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,%%I
CALL :IE7_FIXES
XCOPY/DY WORK\IE7\UPDATE\*.CAT WORK\SVCPACK >NUL
MOVE/Y WORK\IE7\*.* WORK\I386E
ECHO.
IF EXIST HF\IE8*-KB*.exe FOR /F %%I IN ('DIR/B HF\IE8*-KB*.exe') DO (SET HF=%%I&SET IE7HFX=TRUE&CALL :HF1EXTRACT)
IF EXIST HF\BASIC\IE8*-KB*.exe FOR /F %%I IN ('DIR/B HF\BASIC\IE8*-KB*.exe') DO (SET HF=%%I&SET IE7HFX=TRUE&CALL :HFBASIC)
IF EXIST HF\NOREG\IE8*-KB*.exe FOR /F %%I IN ('DIR/B HF\NOREG\IE8*-KB*.exe') DO (SET HF=%%I&SET IE7HFX=TRUE&CALL :HFNOREG)
SET HF=
IF EXIST HFCABS\BRANDING.CAB CALL :IEBRANDING
IF DEFINED MOREBRAND XCOPY/DY WORK\IEBRAND WORK\I386E >NUL
EXPAND SOURCE\I386\IEACCESS.IN_ -R WORK >NUL
FINDSTR/L "[ShowIE]" WORK\IEACCESS.INF >NUL
IF ERRORLEVEL 1 (
	ECHO>>IEACCESS.CMD @ECHO OFF
	ECHO>>IEACCESS.CMD SET IEACCESS=
	ECHO>>IEACCESS.CMD FIND /V /I "[Show" WORK\IEACCESS.INF^>WORK\IEACCESS1.INF
	ECHO>>IEACCESS.CMD FIND /V /I "[Hide" WORK\IEACCESS1.INF^>WORK\IEACCESS2.INF
	ECHO>>IEACCESS.CMD FIND /V /I "Commandline" WORK\IEACCESS2.INF^>WORK\IEACCESS3.INF
	ECHO>>IEACCESS.CMD FIND /V /I "TickCount" WORK\IEACCESS3.INF^>WORK\IEACCESS4.INF
	ECHO>>IEACCESS.CMD FOR /F "DELIMS=" %%%%I IN ^('FIND /V /I "----------" WORK\IEACCESS4.INF'^) DO ^(
	ECHO>>IEACCESS.CMD IF DEFINED IEACCESS ECHO^>^>WORK\I386E\ieaccess.inf %%%%I
	ECHO>>IEACCESS.CMD SET IEACCESS=1
	ECHO>>IEACCESS.CMD ^)
	ECHO>>IEACCESS.CMD ECHO^>^>WORK\I386E\ieaccess.inf [ShowIE]
	ECHO>>IEACCESS.CMD ECHO^>^>WORK\I386E\ieaccess.inf Commandline="%%%%11%%%%\ie4uinit.exe -show"
	ECHO>>IEACCESS.CMD ECHO^>^>WORK\I386E\ieaccess.inf TickCount=500
	ECHO>>IEACCESS.CMD ECHO^>^>WORK\I386E\ieaccess.inf [HideIE]
	ECHO>>IEACCESS.CMD ECHO^>^>WORK\I386E\ieaccess.inf Commandline="%%%%11%%%%\ie4uinit.exe -hide"
	ECHO>>IEACCESS.CMD ECHO^>^>WORK\I386E\ieaccess.inf TickCount=500
	CMD/U/C "IEACCESS.CMD"
	DEL/Q/F IEACCESS.CMD
) ELSE (
	FINDSTR/VIBR "\[Show \[Hide Commandline TickCount" WORK\IEACCESS.INF>WORK\I386E\ieaccess.inf
	ECHO>>WORK\I386E\ieaccess.inf [ShowIE]
	ECHO>>WORK\I386E\ieaccess.inf Commandline="%%11%%\ie4uinit.exe -show"
	ECHO>>WORK\I386E\ieaccess.inf TickCount=500
	ECHO>>WORK\I386E\ieaccess.inf [HideIE]
	ECHO>>WORK\I386E\ieaccess.inf Commandline="%%11%%\ie4uinit.exe -hide"
	ECHO>>WORK\I386E\ieaccess.inf TickCount=500
)
IF EXIST SOURCE\I386\xmllite.dl* DEL/Q/F WORK\IE7\support\xmllite.dll
	XCOPY/DY WORK\IE7\support WORK\I386E
GOTO :EOF

Test. In pt-br work.

Edited by rhadamants, 09 April 2009 - 03:48 PM.

Kiki Burgh

Kiki Burgh

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Soon HFSLIP will not be supported either. Sorry about that.

Oh no ... not HFSLIP! :no: This tool has been VERY HELPFUL to a lot of users out there. May we can pool some amount to get this project going. TP, TC and the rest of HFSLIP pioneers & users, please keep HFSLIP going ... i for one am very thankful HFSLIP exists.
Posted Image

bfc_xxx

bfc_xxx

• PipPip
  • 158 posts

Test. In pt-br work.

Hi!

I did the mods on latest 1.7.9 hfslip and it is working. IE8 + KB968220 is installed.

Just correct this line:

I had to change PTB to ELL to work to my language. You have to correct this to work in every language.

Also I don't know if this has to do with the modifications of the script but the "Show Desktop" shortcut in the "Quick Launch Bar" dissapeared. Can you correct that?

Superb work. Thank you

rhadamants

rhadamants

• 10 posts

Just correct this line:

I had to change PTB to ELL to work to my language. You have to correct this to work in every language.

Superb work. Thank you

Sorry. Substitute for this.
MD WORK\IE7&START/WAIT HF\%IE8EXE% /Q /X:WORK\IE7

Here it has to be this way:
IF EXIST WORK\IE7DLL.TXT (
	REN "WORK\I386E\msfeedsbs.dll" msfdsbs.dll
	REN "WORK\I386E\msfeedssync.exe" msfdsync.exe
	REN "WORK\I386E\WinFXDocObj.exe" wfxdocob.exe
	REN "WORK\I386E\msfeedsbs.mof" msfdsbs.mof
	REN "WORK\I386E\inetcpl.cpl.mui" inetcpl.mui
	REN "WORK\I386E\html.iec.mui" htmliec.mui
	REN "WORK\I386E\msfeedsbs.dll.mui" msfdsbs.mui
	REN "WORK\I386E\WinFXDocObj.exe.mui" wfxdocob.mui
	FOR /F %%I IN (WORK\IE7DLL.TXT) DO REN "WORK\I386E\%%I.DLL.MUI" %%I.mui
	FOR /F %%I IN (WORK\IE7EXE.TXT) DO REN "WORK\I386E\%%I.EXE.MUI" %%I.mui
	REN WORK\I386E\iesetup.dll iesetup2.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT IF EXIST %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\iesetup.dll DEL/Q/F %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\iesetup.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT COPY/Y %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\iesetup2.dll %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\iesetup.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT DEL/Q/F %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\iesetup.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT REN %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\iesetup2.dll iesetup.dll
	REN WORK\I386E\mshtml.dll mshtml2.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT IF EXIST %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\mshtml.dll DEL/Q/F %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\mshtml.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT COPY/Y %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\mshtml2.dll %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\mshtml.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT DEL/Q/F %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\mshtml.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT REN %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\mshtml2.dll mshtml.dll
	REN WORK\I386E\msrating.dll msratng2.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT IF EXIST %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\msrating.dll DEL/Q/F %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\msrating.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT COPY/Y %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\msratng2.dll %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\msrating.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT DEL/Q/F %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\msrating.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT REN %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\msratng2.dll msrating.dll
	REN WORK\I386E\inseng.dll inseng2.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT IF EXIST %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\inseng.dll DEL/Q/F %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\inseng.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT COPY/Y %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\inseng2.dll %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\inseng.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT DEL/Q/F %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\inseng.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT REN %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\inseng2.dll inseng.dll
	REN WORK\I386E\webcheck.dll webchck2.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT IF EXIST %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\webcheck.dll DEL/Q/F %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\webcheck.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT COPY/Y %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\webchck2.dll %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\webcheck.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT DEL/Q/F %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\webcheck.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT REN %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\webchck2.dll webcheck.dll
	REN WORK\I386E\imgutil.dll imgutil2.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT IF EXIST %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\imgutil.dll DEL/Q/F %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\imgutil.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT COPY/Y %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\imgutil2.dll %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\imgutil.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT DEL/Q/F %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\imgutil.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT REN %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\imgutil2.dll imgutil.dll
	REN WORK\I386E\inetcpl.cpl inetcpl2.cpl
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT IF EXIST %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\inetcpl.cpl DEL/Q/F %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\inetcpl.cpl
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT COPY/Y %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\inetcpl2.cpl %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\inetcpl.cpl
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT DEL/Q/F %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\inetcpl.cpl
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT REN %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\inetcpl2.cpl inetcpl.cpl
	REN WORK\I386E\pngfilt.dll pngfilt2.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT IF EXIST %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\pngfilt.dll DEL/Q/F %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\pngfilt.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT COPY/Y %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\pngfilt2.dll %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\DLLCACHE\pngfilt.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT DEL/Q/F %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\pngfilt.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT REN %%SYSTEMROOT%%\SYSTEM32\pngfilt2.dll pngfilt.dll
)
IF EXIST WORK\I386E\dxtmsft.dll (
	REN WORK\I386E\dxtmsft.dll dxtmsft2.dll
	REN WORK\I386E\I386\dxtrans.dll dxtrans2.dll
	REN WORK\I386E\mshtmled.dll mshtmld2.dll
	REN WORK\I386E\mstime.dll mstime2.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT COPY/Y %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\dxtmsft2.dll %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\dllcache\dxtmsft.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT DEL/Q/F %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\dxtmsft.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT REN %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\dxtmsft2.dll dxtmsft.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT COPY/Y %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\dxtrans2.dll %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\dllcache\dxtrans.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT DEL/Q/F %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\dxtrans.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT REN %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\dxtrans2.dll dxtrans.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT COPY/Y %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\mshtmld2.dll %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\dllcache\mshtmled.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT DEL/Q/F %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\mshtmled.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT REN %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\mshtmld2.dll mshtmled.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT COPY/Y %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\mstime2.dll %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\dllcache\mstime.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT DEL/Q/F %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\mstime.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT REN %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\mstime2.dll mstime.dll
	REN WORK\I386E\iepeers.dll iepeers2.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT COPY/Y %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\iepeers2.dll %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\dllcache\iepeers.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT DEL/Q/F %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\iepeers.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT REN %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\iepeers2.dll iepeers.dll
	:: Problem with wininet.dll in IE7 for Server 2003 and in IE8 - Replace at T-13
	REN WORK\I386E\wininet.dll wininet3.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT COPY/Y %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\wininet3.dll %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\dllcache\wininet.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT REN %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\wininet.dll wininet.old
	ECHO>>WORK\HFSLIPCMDP1.TXT REN %%SYSTEMROOT%%\system32\wininet3.dll wininet.dll
		:: Delaying replacement of wininet.dll requires delaying replacement of iertutil.dll and urlmon.dll - Replace from SYSOC.INF
	REN WORK\I386E\urlmon.dll urlmon3.dll
	ECHO>>WORK\HFS_SYS32.TXT iertutil.dll&ECHO>>WORK\HFSSDF.TXT iertutil.dll=1
	ECHO>>WORK\HFS_SYS32.TXT urlmon.dll,urlmon3.dll&ECHO>>WORK\HFSSDF.TXT urlmon3.dll=1
	ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF iertutil.dll = 1,,,,,,,,3,3&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,iertutil.dll
	ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\TXTSETUP.SIF urlmon3.dll = 1,,,,,,,,3,3&ECHO>>SOURCESS\I386\DOSNET.INF d1,urlmon3.dll
)

Also I don't know if this has to do with the modifications of the script but the "Show Desktop" shortcut in the "Quick Launch Bar" dissapeared. Can you correct that?

In my hfslip work fine. :thumbup

bfc_xxx

bfc_xxx

• PipPip
  • 158 posts

Ok I tried again and everything is working fine. IE8 + ALL KB UPDATES (except I'm missing "show desktop" shortcut but it is not important)

tommyp

tommyp

MSFN Addict

• Developer
  • 1,680 posts
rhadamants - Thanks for the inputs. Did you use the latest beta (reg G) when you made the mods?

To all, what is the concensous - dump IE7 slipstreaming and replace with IE8? Or do both?
Posted Image

bfc_xxx

bfc_xxx

• PipPip
  • 158 posts

rhadamants - Thanks for the inputs. Did you use the latest beta (reg G) when you made the mods?

To all, what is the concensous - dump IE7 slipstreaming and replace with IE8? Or do both?

My Vote is drop IE7, but many people still using IE7.

edit: I think that the missing "show desktop" shortcut has something to do with the ie7_fixes. Can you check that?

Edited by bfc_xxx, 11 April 2009 - 01:40 AM.

annamaria.vitanza

annamaria.vitanza
  • 1 posts

Hi,

I prefer dump IE7 slipstreaming and replace with IE8...

Bye.

Martin H

Martin H

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 802 posts
Yeah, my vote is also for dumping IE7, as IE8 is the latest stable, and hence, no need to bloat hfslip up by letting it support slipstreaming of outdated stuff...

/* Moved to Linux - Thanks for a nice stay all! */
Posted Image

entegre

entegre
  • 5 posts

Hi @rhadamants
it didn't work for me. ie8 didn't install. I put "IE8-WindowsXP-KB968220-x86-TRK.exe" to HF folder. Am I right ?

And KB905474 in HF folder. But also it didn't install.

They are appear on windows update site.

Can you make "hfslip-1.7.9_beta_f.cmd" for both of them. And please can you upload fixed "hfslip-1.7.9_beta_f.cmd" for us.

Thanks for working.

My HFSLIP.LOG
Files in your HF folder:
IE8-WindowsXP-KB968220-x86-TRK.exe
msxml4-KB954430-enu.exe
rootsupd.exe
windows-kb890830-v2.8.exe
Windows-KB909520-v1.000-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsMedia11-KB929399-v2-x86-INTL.exe
WindowsMedia11-KB936782-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsMedia11-KB939683-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsMedia11-KB954154-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsMedia11-KB959772-x86-TRK.exe
Windows-tr-TR-KB943729.exe
windowsupdateagent30-x86.exe
windowsxp-kb892130-enu-x86_72e487d115be77f49f64053893a23ecb58bc59cb.exe
WindowsXP-KB898461-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-KB905474-ENU-x86.exe
windowsxp-kb905474-trk-x86_91e02bbffac7564840124e2de79221640618262a.exe
WindowsXP-KB923789-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-KB938464-v2-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-KB941569-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-KB946648-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-KB950760-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-KB950762-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-KB950974-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-KB951066-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-KB951376-v2-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-KB951698-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-KB951748-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-KB951978-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-KB952287-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-KB952954-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-KB953155-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-KB954211-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-KB954459-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-KB954600-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-KB955069-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-KB955535-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-KB955704-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-KB955839-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-KB956391-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-KB956802-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-KB956803-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-KB956841-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-KB957095-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-KB957097-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-KB958644-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-KB958687-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-KB958690-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-KB959252-v2-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-KB960225-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-KB960680-v2-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-KB960715-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-KB961118-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-KB961503-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-KB967715-x86-TRK.exe
WindowsXP-WindowsMedia-KB952069-v2-x86-TRK.exe
wmp11-windowsxp-x86-TR-TR.exe

Files in your HFCABS folder:
LegitCheckControl.cab
MUAuth.cab
muweb_site.cab
SWFLASH.CAB
wbemoc.cab

Files in your HFGUIRUNONCE folder:
UPHClean-Setup.msi

Files in your HFSVCPACK folder:
timezone.cmd.cmd

Files in your HFSVCPACK_SW1 folder:
WindowsXP-KB955839-x86-TRK.exe

Files in your HFSVCPACK_SW2 folder:

Files in your HFTOOLS folder:
7z.exe
7za.exe
cWnd.exe
HFSLIP_PRE_TZ4.CAB
HFSLIP_PRE_TZ4.CMD
MODIFYPE.EXE

Files in your HFAAO folder:

Files in your REPLACE folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\Uzman\Desktop\Guncellemesiz_HFslip\REPLACE\I386\HOSTS

bfc_xxx

bfc_xxx

• PipPip
  • 158 posts

Hi @rhadamants
it didn't work for me. ie8 didn't install. I put "IE8-WindowsXP-KB968220-x86-TRK.exe" to HF folder. Am I right ?

And KB905474 in HF folder. But also it didn't install.

They are appear on windows update site.

Can you make "hfslip-1.7.9_beta_f.cmd" for both of them. And please can you upload fixed "hfslip-1.7.9_beta_f.cmd" for us.

Thanks for working.

You should also put IE8-WindowsXP-x86-TRK.exe in HF folder. You only have the KB update.

As far for kb905474, I think you have the older version. You should download 1.9.40.0 version. You should find it in "WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download" folder after you manually install it through WU.

entegre

entegre
  • 5 posts
Thanks @bfc.
I have forgotten the most important hotfix :blushing:

But I have the new version for kb905474.
I think I have to change some code in "hfslip-1.7.9_beta_f.cmd".
@rhadamants gave that
http://www.msfn.org/...o...st&p=847755

bfc_xxx

bfc_xxx

• PipPip
  • 158 posts

Thanks @bfc.
I have forgotten the most important hotfix :blushing:

But I have the new version for kb905474.
I think I have to change some code in "hfslip-1.7.9_beta_f.cmd".
@rhadamants gave that
http://www.msfn.org/...o...st&p=847755

Yes you should change the code. Maybe rhadamants can add the code to hfslip so it will be easier for everyone.

If you do test install can you tell me if "show desktop" shortcut in quick launch bar is there or I'm the only one I'm missing it?

entegre

entegre
  • 5 posts

If you do test install can you tell me if "show desktop" shortcut in quick launch bar is there or I'm the only one I'm missing it?

Yes There isn't "show desktop" shortcut in quick launch bar.

Restore the Show Desktop Shortcut on Quick Launch Bar in Windows XP
March 3rd, 2008 · 2 Comments · Printer Friendly Version

The Quick Launch toolbar (which can be enabled by right-clicking on the taskbar, clicking “Toolbars”, and then clicking “Quick Launch) by default contains a shortcut to instantly minimize all open windows and show the desktop. It is possible to accidentally move or delete this shortcut. If you have accidentally removed the shortcut and want it back, use either of the following methods:

Automated:

1. Download this file.
2. When prompted, save the file in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\

Manual:

1. Copy and paste the following lines into a Notepad file:
[Shell]
Command=2
IconFile=explorer.exe,3
[Taskbar]
Command=ToggleDesktop
2. Save the file to your Desktop as “Show Desktop.scf”.
3. Drag the “Show Desktop” file to the Quick Launch bar and release.

Edited by entegre, 12 April 2009 - 06:50 AM.

tommyp

tommyp

MSFN Addict

• Developer
  • 1,680 posts
Just a little note. Please use the beta thread to obtain the CMD file. rhadamants had issued a few not so nice updates in the script he posted.

BTW, another option for the quicklaunch shortcut, create a CMD file called whatever you want (I call mine showdesktop.cmd) inside the HFSVCPACK folder. This works irregardless of the setting in your winnt.sif file.

IF NOT EXIST "%userprofile%\application data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch" MD "%userprofile%\application data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch"
echo>"%userprofile%\application data\microsoft\internet explorer\quick launch\Show Desktop.scf" [Shell]
echo>>"%userprofile%\application data\microsoft\internet explorer\quick launch\Show Desktop.scf" Command=2
echo>>"%userprofile%\application data\microsoft\internet explorer\quick launch\Show Desktop.scf" IconFile=explorer.exe,3
echo>>"%userprofile%\application data\microsoft\internet explorer\quick launch\Show Desktop.scf" [Taskbar]
echo>>"%userprofile%\application data\microsoft\internet explorer\quick launch\Show Desktop.scf" Command=ToggleDesktop

Edited by tommyp, 12 April 2009 - 07:34 AM.

Posted Image

bfc_xxx

bfc_xxx

• PipPip
  • 158 posts
@entegre & @tommyp
Thank you both

Muppet Hunter

Muppet Hunter

XP Hotfix List Maintainer

• PipPip
  • 106 posts
It seems a bit premature to consider dropping IE7 support just after IE8 gets released. Wouldn't it be better to wait a bit longer for any (potential) issues in IE8 to get ironed out? I vote to keep supporting both versions for the time being.

fdv

fdv

MSFN Expert

• Developer
  • 1,111 posts
IE7 is apparently done

Mim0

Mim0

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

@all who are integrated OnePiece-IE8
does kb968220 show up in WU or not?

There is no need for kb968220 because it's already integrated in OnePiece's IE8-Addon. At least in the actual Version 1.1.0.

Grab it here: http://www.wincert.n...o...=5747&st=40

You can check the installed compatitility-list of the IE8 with the following URL: res://iecompat.dll/iecompatdata.xml

My experience so far with the Version 1.1.0 is: Great! I integrated it with 1.7.9d and Windows-Update just shows me only a few things I really don't want to have! :D

I recommend this addon for an integrated IE8! No problem with missing "show desktop" shortcut in quick launch bar. But I have no experience with the actual development from rhadamants (http://www.msfn.org/...howtopic=132547).

Regards, Mimo

PS: With this AddOn you get a nice bonus wich will not be given if you install IE8 seperately: In the folder-options there is the possibility to place an IE-Icon on the desktop. I missed this possibility with the slipstreamed IE7 (sorry for the german screenshot).

Edited by Mim0, 16 April 2009 - 04:42 AM.

bfc_xxx

bfc_xxx

• PipPip
  • 158 posts

@all who are integrated OnePiece-IE8
does kb968220 show up in WU or not?

There is no need for kb968220 because it's already integrated in OnePiece's IE8-Addon. At least in the actual Version 1.1.0.

Yes it is in OnePiece's IE8-Addon but it's still shown in WU. That's mean that it didn't installed correctly, at least at my setup.
No kb968220 problem with hfslip IE8 integration.

Mim0

Mim0

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Yes it is in OnePiece's IE8-Addon but it's still shown in WU. That's mean that it didn't installed correctly, at least at my setup.

I cannot confirm that. I just looked in the windows-update and kb968220 will not be displayed as an open update.

Ph03Nix

Ph03Nix
  • 2 posts
@rhadamants

Hello... can you send your modified version of HFSLIP 2.0.0pa_80630a that works with IE8 PT-BR?

Thankz.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN