Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Unattended install, SATA drivers, and NO Floppy

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

Guest_driversdownload_*

Guest_driversdownload_*
  • Guests
thanks,very useful, :thumbup

System:SP1

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

tozo

tozo

• 19 posts
ok how can add .cat fıle?

MestreLion

MestreLion
  • 4 posts

good god...!!

waaaayyy to complicated. and no need for all that....

you don't need to that at all.

just point windows to source folder of drivers flash drive or cd or hard drive.

Too bad that during install, Windows requires a floppy source. No flash drive, cd or hard drive accepted. And this hasnt changed with SP3. So, if you dont have a floppy, you gotta go through all this pain if you want Windows installed on a SATA HDD (and if your BIOS dont have built-in sata suport)

AlfaRomeo865

AlfaRomeo865

• 17 posts

I tried to slipstream my sp2 with xp pro using the instructions posted here. It seems working; at least it saw my Intel raid 0 and allowed me to install the xp with sp2. Here was the problem; I can not boot up xp. It kept rebooting itself. I tried safe mode, save mode with network, save mode command etc. It just rebooted itself. The messages showed on the screen were something like multi..rdisk...windows/systems ... It went by very fast. I can press R to get to c: but I don't know what should I look for. Any help would be great. I really hate to have to buy the floppy and press F6 to reinstall it. I had a very difficult time to get it work with external USB floppy drive in my last installation.

Hi. Has this problem been solved? I'm asking because I'm facing a similar issue... I could install winXP SP3 with AHCI support on my 690G/SB600 AHCI but it would BSOD at stop error 7B. I'm gathering the modifications (will post soon) that I made (well I didnt make those myself, I checked what changes nLite makes to the XP setup and then i removed those which install the nLite DLLs etc) ... not to mention how many days it took me to figure out that DOSNET.inf also needs to be modified (which was not mentioned in the original article, though all this is a great help).

regards,
Alfa
-Alfa
---------
My Rig: AMD 64 Athlon-II 240 | MSI-7368 BIOS v1.9 | RS690G+SB600 | 2x Corsair XMS 1024 | 1x Radeon x1950pro 512MB | 250GB WD | 440w True PSU

AlfaRomeo865

AlfaRomeo865

• 17 posts

I have 2 questions:

1: Why do you suggest compressing the *.sys files? Can't you just copy them "as-is" to the i386 folder?

2: Why do you have to put the SATA Drivers first in the search order (01 before 02)? Does that have anything to do with the "100" entry in the front of the SourceDiskFiles entry?

Hi,

although zillatech seems to have only posted once on this forum (lol) here's a reply so others know the reason:
when using custom driver files, windows installer/setup looks for compressed driver files (use MAKECAB.EXE from a windows command prompt to compress your driver files especially those that need to be available during the TEXT mode setup. Though there is no requirement to compress those drivers which are put in $OEM$ folder.
Hope this helps ;)
-Alfa

Edited by AlfaRomeo865, 14 January 2011 - 05:36 PM.

-Alfa
---------
My Rig: AMD 64 Athlon-II 240 | MSI-7368 BIOS v1.9 | RS690G+SB600 | 2x Corsair XMS 1024 | 1x Radeon x1950pro 512MB | 250GB WD | 440w True PSU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN