Cannot run nLite

tcruiser

I cannot get nLite to execute; looks like some kind of problem loading. Any idea what this could be? Has anyone else had this issue? I am just running vanilla XP Pro 32-bit. Have uninstalled, reinstalled, etc.

tcruiser, nLite needs to have .NET Framework 2.0 or higher. That's what redxii is trying to say but he pointed to the Service Pack. The actual installer is at the bottom, then you can use Windows Update to get any updates needed. If you have any more loading problems, please post a screen shot of the error and if you have problems running nLite, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

The .NET Framework 2.0 service pack did the trick; I was able to run nLite and slipstream SP3 into my XP Pro and upgrade my netbook with no issues. I dont expect problems but will post if something turns up. AWESOME little program.

I have alot of stuff - specialized business applications for example - on my primary laptop - dont know if that caused the issue or not. I have a copy of Visual Studio 2005 which has never installed properly; will try it on both laptops now to see what happens.

• 2 years later...

I also cannot get nLite to start...

.net framework error says cannot find the runtime...

I have .net framework 4 so I figured that would work...?

Server 2003 SP2...

Hey! I figured it out...was missing an update for .net 3.5...now program starts!

Thanks anyways!

Edited by dandrews