Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

How <NOT TO> Build the Perfect PC!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

PC_LOAD_LETTER

PC_LOAD_LETTER

Well, I stole something else

• Super Moderator
  • 1,829 posts
  • Joined 13-October 07
I just saw something i found odd.

I was surfing the web and came across this:
Posted Image

now Ive built many, many PCs but I have never used my Skeletool CX on a CPU. I might use it on the packaging, but never on the CPU! Id be hesitant to use even the screwdriver on it on any of the internals of a PC.

//for the record, i realize its a Photoshop (the reflections are all wrong -I can tell by the pixels :) ). but it still makes me wonder what compels someone to Photoshop pliers holding the center of a CPU and then label it as "How to Build Your Perfect PC"

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

puntoMX

puntoMX

n00b of Masters and Vice Versa

• Super Moderator
  • 4,852 posts
  • Joined 28-June 04
:lol:, don't forget to slam it with the hammer to keep it in place ;). *

* MSFN is not responsible for any damages, directly or indirectly.

PC_LOAD_LETTER

PC_LOAD_LETTER

• Super Moderator
  • 1,829 posts
  • Joined 13-October 07

:lol:, don't forget to slam it with the hammer to keep it in place ;). *

definately, and PROTIP: thermal paste is for wimps. use superglue to ensure a tight bond between your CPU and processor.* (also can be used to fill in any cracks in the CPU/motherboard if you get too heavy with the hammer)

Zenskas

Zenskas

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 484 posts
  • Joined 07-May 08
Lol should this be in the funny farm? Remember to solder the graphics card to the slot to prevent it from falling out :P

EDIT: @geek: Don't you mean use superglue to ensure tight bond between your CPU and heat sink or socket?

Edited by Zenskas, 02 April 2009 - 12:53 AM.

[Passive Gamer] Silverstone TJ08-EW | Intel Core i7 3770S | Silverstone Heligon HE02 | ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3 | 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | ASUS GTX 750 Ti Strix OC 2GB | Antec Neo HE 550W |

Angelico_Payne

Angelico_Payne

• PipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Joined 15-January 06
And If the wirelles card is having a weak signal, just plug it in the electrical grid (more copper wiring, better for the signal strength) :)
Beware of man who denies you access to information, for in his heart he wishes himself your master...

nitroshift

nitroshift

Beware of programmers with screwdrivers!

• Super Moderator
  • 2,907 posts
  • Joined 29-November 05
And to take care of the cooling, shove the whole thing in the freezer (preferrably a professional one!)

Please read the rules, folks!

starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Joined 11-September 08

And to take care of the cooling, shove the whole thing in the freezer (preferrably a professional one!)

nitro shift you got it wrong you get one of those water guns with the mist shot and open your computer and spray the water to cool it down lol
oh oh and putting some oil in the dvd drive will make cds and dvds spin faster

* MSFN is not responsible for any damages, directly or indirectly. lol
battlecruiser operational

uid0

uid0

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Joined 12-June 06

you get one of those water guns with the mist shot and open your computer and spray the water to cool it down lol

A light mist isn't enough, you want to immerse it like a Cray2 for proper cooling. *

* MSFN is not responsible if you use water rather than the recommended fluorocarbon coolant.

go6o_kara

go6o_kara

• 17 posts
  • Joined 11-February 09
:w00t:
You really got me with this topic!
Here is some example for after service. The language is greek, but anyway, you don't really need to understand them ;)

In this manner one may also patch directly the wall socket with the ATX connector on the motherboard. This insures more stable overclock.
Also, as we all know, the lesser the air resistance, the easier the fan rotates. So in a complete vacuum those fans will last forever.

*go6o_kara and MSFN claims no responsibility for any damage caused by use/misuse or not use at all of any method described above.

Edited by go6o_kara, 02 April 2009 - 07:01 AM.

I don't have a signature, 'cose I can't write. But when I learn how to, promise to make one.

sbolton

sbolton

• 24 posts
  • Joined 27-October 08
Guys not been funny, but just tried a couple of things you have said.... erm well im not sure but.. its not working???

I heard about water cooling and followed what you said, but it was kinda little spark and now nothing works???

Changed my fuse still not working.. any ideas?

puntoMX

puntoMX

n00b of Masters and Vice Versa

• Super Moderator
  • 4,852 posts
  • Joined 28-June 04
:ph34r:

Buy a new computer?

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,371 posts
  • Joined 14-September 05
:blink: You guys are quacking me up! Definitely needs moved to the Funny Farm! :thumbup

Someday the tyrants will be unthroned... Jason "Jay" Chasteen; RIP, bro!

Posted Image

PC_LOAD_LETTER

PC_LOAD_LETTER

• Super Moderator
  • 1,829 posts
  • Joined 13-October 07

:blink: You guys are quacking me up! Definitely needs moved to the Funny Farm! :thumbup

agreed. It wasnt very serious to star with but this thread has devolved into utter nonsense, on a related note:

Hate cleaning the dust out of your PC? wrap the entire case in saran wrap to prevent the dust from getting inside the PC in the first place! (additional layers may be added to muffle any temperature alarms)

starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • Joined 11-September 08

Guys not been funny, but just tried a couple of things you have said.... erm well im not sure but.. its not working???

I heard about water cooling and followed what you said, but it was kinda little spark and now nothing works???

lol you better be joking
battlecruiser operational

dougiefresh

dougiefresh

Junior

• Pip
  • 94 posts
  • Joined 30-October 04
LOL! Y'all are funny!

I'm just gonna shake my head and walk away.....

XPerties

XPerties

MSFN OG Senior

• Patrons
  • 2,994 posts
  • Joined 18-August 01
Everyone should be ashamed of themselves, and you call yourself computer experts! I mean even mygyver knows you need to proper secure all components with duct take and clear caulk and it doesn't hurt to add a few drops of super glue to the inner works of the dvd-rom, this insures no noise and high spin speeds.

You want some Glock with that?
★ :::: Xbox Live GamerTag = ScreamingSkulls

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,371 posts
  • Joined 14-September 05
Aw, XPerties, it's so much easier to just sprinkle a little sand in the DVD-ROM bearings to slow it down and add a little axle grease to quiet it down. That way you don't have to wait for the glue to dry.

I also find that setting a stack of cinder blocks on top of the the tower reduces fan vibrations.

And if you put a large magnetic C-clamp across your hard drives you can ensure that they will stay in place without worry of the screws coming loose.

Someday the tyrants will be unthroned... Jason "Jay" Chasteen; RIP, bro!

Posted Image

5eraph

5eraph

Update Packrat

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,165 posts
  • Joined 04-July 05

Donator

I'm surprised that nobody mentioned these:

If you plug your PC into an AC electrical outlet wired to a dimmer switch, you can dramatically reduce power consumption by adjusting the dimmer, just as you would with household lighting.

The main ingredient to a good working PC is the magic smoke contained therein. Many technicians agree; if your magic smoke escapes it will stop working! Building and using your PC in a hot, dusty environment will ensure its long life. Likewise, using your laptop near a large, raging fire will greatly improve performance.

If you fear that your old PC is nearing the end of its useful life, open the case and use a small propane blowtorch directly on the CPU heatsink and other areas of the case specifically designed to collect heat. This will prolong the PC's life by adding more magic smoke to vital components.

Edited by 5eraph, 15 April 2010 - 10:20 PM.

XPerties

XPerties

MSFN OG Senior

• Patrons
  • 2,994 posts
  • Joined 18-August 01

I'm surprised that nobody mentioned these:

What's even more surprising is that you dug up a year old thread.

Posted Image

You want some Glock with that?
★ :::: Xbox Live GamerTag = ScreamingSkulls

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users