How <NOT TO> Build the Perfect PC!

PC_LOAD_LETTER

Everyone should be ashamed of themselves, and you call yourself computer experts! I mean even mygyver knows you need to proper secure all components with duct take and clear caulk and it doesn't hurt to add a few drops of super glue to the inner works of the dvd-rom, this insures no noise and high spin speeds.

Aw, XPerties, it's so much easier to just sprinkle a little sand in the DVD-ROM bearings to slow it down and add a little axle grease to quiet it down. That way you don't have to wait for the glue to dry.

I also find that setting a stack of cinder blocks on top of the the tower reduces fan vibrations.

And if you put a large magnetic C-clamp across your hard drives you can ensure that they will stay in place without worry of the screws coming loose.

• 1 year later...

I'm surprised that nobody mentioned these:

• If you plug your PC into an AC electrical outlet wired to a dimmer switch, you can dramatically reduce power consumption by adjusting the dimmer, just as you would with household lighting.
    The main ingredient to a good working PC is the magic smoke contained therein. Many technicians agree; if your magic smoke escapes it will stop working! Building and using your PC in a hot, dusty environment will ensure its long life. Likewise, using your laptop near a large, raging fire will greatly improve performance.
    If you fear that your old PC is nearing the end of its useful life, open the case and use a small propane blowtorch directly on the CPU heatsink and other areas of the case specifically designed to collect heat. This will prolong the PC's life by adding more magic smoke to vital components.

Edited by 5eraph