Office 2007 Standard integration

wookietv

hi,

i'm having a problem or maybe i don't understand the whole process...

doing this at work to minimize time for clean installs.

so using Office 2007 (volume license), i want to integrate SP1 and then the post SP1 updates. and in addition, add the key and have it accept the agreement.

i thought i read somewhere that to do that last part, it's handled by the Office Customization Tool (setup.exe /admin) and not with Office Integrator.

so after integrating sp1 and the updates, i run the customization tool to add the key and the agreement acceptance. i then get MSP file.

however, when i try to run that, i get an error (attached jpg)

it seems to think i'm trying to run an upgrade with no previous app installed?(or so i gather i think it's saying)

can anyone provide any assistance into where i'm running afoul?

thanks!

post-29279-1238767792_thumb.jpg

actually, i was just about to edit this that i found out. now that i see there's someone in the same boat, i'll let you know what i did.

i found out that the msp file has to be put into the Updates folder and you still run the setup.exe

all this time, i was trying to run the msp file. read a little more and found this out.

maybe that will help you too.

well, my hopes were dashed... so i fixed that original problem of having it install with the key and accepts the agreement, now i have another one

when i try to integrate sp1, it gives me an error that a file is corrupted. is this a common error while using the office integrator?