Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

cryengine 3 and the next crysis

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

cybot_x1024

cybot_x1024
  • 1 posts
Hi guys :hello: i am a new here and wanted to hang out and hear what you guys have to say about the next crysis. I recently saw the demo of the new cryengine 3. What really caught my attention was that it was in a city street and an ally. Does this mean that the next crysis will be in the town setting with buildings, streets and stuff? I remember the cryengine2 demo was in a jungle, actually it was part of the first crysis.
I think this will really rock because we have a new story and especially if it's going to be as action packed as warhead.
What do you guys think of having the next crysis in a city?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

nitroshift

nitroshift

Beware of programmers with screwdrivers!

• Super Moderator
  • 2,904 posts
Apparently, yes.

EDIT:

Welcome to THE forums! :hello:

Please read the rules, folks!

suryad

suryad

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
I read somewhere there are 3 new games that Crytek are working on which will probably be using that engine. And yeah they are going to have all sorts of different environments in there :) Looking forward to it!

Oziyn

Oziyn

םәąŧђ

• Pip
  • 69 posts
IM EXCITED!!!!!
lol
You see things and you say 'Why?' But I dream things that never were and I say 'Why not?'

JasonGW

JasonGW

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

IM EXCITED!!!!!
lol

CryEngine 3 is interesting, I think, in that it's designed such that it's not really as powerful as CryEngine 2, but can be more efficient on less resources (it was built primarily to target 360 and PS3, neither of which is powerful enough for CryEngine 2). Most of what I've read states that CE3 is "about equivalent to CE2 on Medium settings". Not a bad place to be, but a little bit of an *odd* place to be, considering the usual evolution of game engines.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN