Welcome to MSFN

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

atolica

How to put multiple WINPE Distributions on one multiboot CD/DVD

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys

Suppose you'd like to have a dvd with Vista/Win7 setup files(installation disk), ERD Commander, Active Boot Disk, ESET SysRescue or any other custom made WinPE that you built, on a multiboot cd/dvd, so you could chose which one you'd like to boot.

How do you do it?

I had the same problem until a guy from Ultraiso forum -varun037- gave me the perfect solution. Here it is, I'll spare you the details. Thank you varun037!

finally got the things to work :D

the correct procedure is:

copy boot.wim from active boot disk as boot32.wim in sources folder

*** default item's description cannot be changed. Its default is Windows Setup and will remain as is.

bcdedit /store J:\1\WinVista\BOOT\bcd /ENUM

*** note the old guid

bcdedit /store J:\1\WinVista\BOOT\bcd /copy {default} /d "Active Boot Disk"

*** new guid is given at this stage

bcdedit /store J:\1\WinVista\BOOT\bcd /set {newguid} DEVICE ramdisk=[boot]\sources\boot32.wim,{oldguid}

bcdedit /store J:\1\WinVista\BOOT\bcd /set {newguid} OSDEVICE ramdisk=[boot]\sources\boot32.wim,{oldguid}

*** to check whether the bcd store has 2 ramdisks

bcdedit /store J:\1\WinVista\BOOT\bcd /ENUM

*** boot32.wim is the file copied from the active boot disk (boot.wim renamed)

I hope someone will have use of this how-to.

Greets,

Atolica

Edited by atolica