Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

attempting to instal mobo drivers

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Lost Soul

Lost Soul

Snap ... Crackle ... Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts
  • Joined 12-December 03
i got a question i want to instal some drivers for my mobo, and ive came to this issue, im running a soy kt400 ultra dragon and it has about 8 or so drivers but i just want to instal the usb drivers and it has a Via4in1.exe, now the 4 in 1 is what i want the most and im trying to instal it from the winnt.sif

now ive extracted the files into a folder, and it has like 14 sub folders and 21 files, now i know im supposed to make a path for each folder that contains a inf file because the pc wont scan subfolders for inf files

so heres my question should i delete any thing and do i really need to make a seperate path to every one of the 14 folders ?

here are the folders

AGP
AgpME
IDEWinXP
IRQ
Server2003
WIN9X
WINNT
Agp95
IDEWin2K
Inf
Pfd
WIN2K
WINME
WinXP

im sure i dont need the folders that dont deal with xp, but id like to know how i should handle this

how should i write it up in winnt.sif file when im dealing with so many folders, i know i should number the driver sets like 001_chipsets;002_graphics but what if i have more then one, i know i separate with simicolon,

can any body give me some helpful advice

btw in the main folder that i extracted this via4in1 into the main folder has no inf files,, does this mean i can delete all of them files,,, i would post them but thats too many files to put down but if i need to do it i will to give you guys a better understanding of what im trying to do...

This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But, it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

- Winston Churchill

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users