How to play Virtual drive game on LAN...

dard_thesorrow

hello frens...

i want to play Vice city game via LAN...

but the Problem is the game (Vice city) is installed on server. and the virtual drive software is also installed in server.. and i m playing with LAN..

so how can i play this game via LAN..

i have shared that drive also.. but how can i share virtual drive...

i have tried to shared that virtual drive also but problem remains same...

plz help me Frens...

Note : dnt knw Where to post this topic

• 3 weeks later...

dard, you are running a gaming centre yes?

what software are you using to run the game from the server? I was under the impression you needed a citrix like environment to do this. If you want to store images on your server that is fine just map the server share to a drive on the client PC. I would highly recommend running all .exe's from client PC's though. I can only offer you limited help as you have not answered my previous questions like what cafe management software you are using. Please be more specific and remember your server in that environment should only be used for administering your network with your selected management tools, storing files and looking after your database :)

regards,

MaSHUP

dard, citrix is going to be a massivley over-complicated solution for your needs (I distinctly remember posting pretty much everything you could need on your post a few months back. please re-read that post and investigate the avenues I mentioned there. (all you need to get running is windows with smartlaunch and daemon tools but there are other thing's I mentioned which will give your infrastructure some kind of resillience)

Edited by majormashup