Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Dosbox question

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

iWindoze

iWindoze

• PipPip
  • 122 posts
I used D-Fend Reloaded to configure and setup Lord of the Realms for a friend of mine, but since that's the only game she plays that is old enough to need Dosbox, I was wondering if anyone could recommend what I could do to make it so the game itself launches directly from a shortcut? That is, the shortcut would simply take the configuration files from D-Fend Reloaded and launch the game full screen until she's done with it and then quit entirely back to the desktop when she's done playing. Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!

--iWindoze

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

iWindoze

iWindoze

• PipPip
  • 122 posts
It's been a couple of days, and no responses. I don't want to be spamming the board, so I'll ask: Did I perhaps post this in the wrong section or something? If so, could someone please recommend where on MSFN I might be able to get an answer?

Thanks!

--iWindoze

awergh

awergh

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
im sure ive seen this somewhere
maybe this would work
http://au.gamespot.c...pic_id=26426747
since it is only one game that needs to use dosbox

JustinStacey.x

JustinStacey.x

Welcome to your life, there's no turning back...

• PipPip
  • 180 posts
Edit DOSBOX.CONF.

Just use DOS commands under the [autoexec] section to launch straight into the game. Clicking the DOSbox icon will launch DOS which will then autoexec into the game.

I'm hoping you know enough DOS lingo to be able to do it?

If you need a hand give us an idea of the directory structure and I'd be willing to write the autoexec lines which you can then just paste in.

Edited by JustinStacey, 02 August 2009 - 10:21 AM.

"XP is just a buggered up version of 2000 with skins added." - Phenomic.

Glenn9999

Glenn9999

• PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Edit DOSBOX.CONF.

Or better yet, copy it to a new file with a name consistent with the game, then modify that. DOSBOX.CONF is the default config file, and you don't want to touch that unless you want to change around what you get when you simply run the program without having it auto-load anything else. When you create a short-cut you can either add the path to the exe you want to run on the desktop after the DOSBOX one or specify your new CONF file (with any commands/environment changes in there) by using the -conf switch.

http://www.dosbox.co...DOSBoxShortcuts

Edited by Glenn9999, 02 August 2009 - 12:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN