Dosbox question

iWindoze

I used D-Fend Reloaded to configure and setup Lord of the Realms for a friend of mine, but since that's the only game she plays that is old enough to need Dosbox, I was wondering if anyone could recommend what I could do to make it so the game itself launches directly from a shortcut? That is, the shortcut would simply take the configuration files from D-Fend Reloaded and launch the game full screen until she's done with it and then quit entirely back to the desktop when she's done playing. Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance!

--iWindoze

It's been a couple of days, and no responses. I don't want to be spamming the board, so I'll ask: Did I perhaps post this in the wrong section or something? If so, could someone please recommend where on MSFN I might be able to get an answer?

Thanks!

--iWindoze

• 3 months later...

Edit DOSBOX.CONF.

Just use DOS commands under the [autoexec] section to launch straight into the game. Clicking the DOSbox icon will launch DOS which will then autoexec into the game.

I'm hoping you know enough DOS lingo to be able to do it?

If you need a hand give us an idea of the directory structure and I'd be willing to write the autoexec lines which you can then just paste in.

Edited by JustinStacey

Edit DOSBOX.CONF.

Or better yet, copy it to a new file with a name consistent with the game, then modify that. DOSBOX.CONF is the default config file, and you don't want to touch that unless you want to change around what you get when you simply run the program without having it auto-load anything else. When you create a short-cut you can either add the path to the exe you want to run on the desktop after the DOSBOX one or specify your new CONF file (with any commands/environment changes in there) by using the -conf switch.

http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/DOSBoxShortcuts

Edited by Glenn9999