Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

XPCREATE Project

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
844 replies to this topic

Wraith

Wraith

Dr. Nick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • Joined 01-January 04
I was bored for a couple of hours, so I knocked up a directory copying prog with a UI...

Thought it was kinda annoying not knowing whether XPCREATE was doing anything - I get bored very easily :)

Might wanna use it for XPCREATE :rolleyes:

Syntax: VCOPY "G:\" "D:\CDSOURCE"

Pretty easy :D

Attached Files

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

nuhi

nuhi

nLite & NTLite human.dll

• Developer
  • 4,390 posts
  • Joined 25-October 03
GreenMachine, great work... I have just a small proposition

If somebody chooses Custom integration, and selects folowing options

DOISO=NO
DOBURN=NO
XPSOURCE=C:\XP
BOOTIMGFILE=NULL

Then it would be great if it doesn't asks for bootsector, wouldn't it ?
http://www.nliteos.com | http://www.ntlite.com
Remove components and customize Windows

Lost Soul

Lost Soul

Snap ... Crackle ... Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts
  • Joined 12-December 03
lol grrr green thats evil, your trying to make me work,, lol ok ill take on your challenge when it comes out :)

This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But, it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

- Winston Churchill

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developer
  • 3,062 posts
  • Joined 22-August 03
@Wraith: Thanks, I added support for VCOPY, and posted it on my Add-ons page. OK? (I guess you did have a few boring minutes waiting for yet another XPCREATE CD ...) I also added my own, less "GUI" version, to show that something was happening during those few minutes.

@nuhi: I would think that if DOISO=NO, the BOOTIMG file should not matter ... I think I got it right now.

As threatened ... I have once again updated XPCREATE. Some of the changes:
- I have tried to both simplify it's utilization, and add user control through options and system settings.
- The directory structures used has changed, with a few directories being merged (e.g. FILESXP and FILESCD), and some removed.
- CMDLINES.TXT processing has been discontinued. You may still add exe, cmd and reg files to be used from SVCPACK.INF.
- Reboots have been reduced to one.
- All control of the RunOnceEx code, as well as the updates that will run from RunOnceEx, is done from a single package called from SVCPACK.INF. These files are copied to the %SYSTEMROOT% directory during setup, and removed after use. All files use the naming convention XPCIN???.*, where ??? is a number starting at 100. If someone else ever uses these file names ... their files will be mercilessly deleted.

The major improvement brought by these changes is that the final XP distribution CD is no longer dependent on WINNT.SIF, thus OEMPreInstall=Yes, nor the $OEM$ directory. The final product is the perfect starting point for your custom unattended CD. This will create a clear distinction between XPCREATE and Unattended issues, and eliminate the need to modify XPCREATE files.

I have also modified the slipstreaming routine itself, to include the extra steps listed in THIS KB article, that were not included in THIS article, the basis of the original slipstreaming mechanism.

The menu has been "cleared up" a bit as well. All submenu items have been grouped a little better, and there is only one sub menu, Source Preparation, that results in irrevocable actions ... The sub menus are:
1) Custom CD Settings: Control over the XPCREATE process.
2) Slipstreaming Settings: Determine how Hotfixes are applied.
3) Source Preparation: These options manipulate the files used to create XP CDs.
4) XPCREATE Add-Ons: These options effect the behaviour of the installed Windows: e.g. user names, or whether to reboot after installation.

The directory naming convention has changed so look at the web site for the correct names. This version is NOT backwards compatible. The main Hotfix directories, HFTYPE1, HFTYPE2 and SPACKS have not changed.

I added support for the VCOPY from Wraith above. If this file, VCOPY.EXE, is present, it is used.

In addition, I have tried to include WIN2K support. Please feel free to test this and let me know the results. (I have not tested this myself, but there are few differences. Specifically, I am not sure about the original SVCPACK.INF, so the headers AND sections may need to be verified.

To clear up confusion about the OneStep Option, it will (if necessary) copy the CD to the HDD, check if it is at current service pack level, if not, it will download (if file does not exist), and slipstream the service pack. It will then download all the hotfixes not already present. Finally, it will run a Custom CD Option, with a predefined,” fail-safe" set of options. The OneStep option need only be run initially, Custom CD should be used subsequently.

Let me know how it works for you!

Aaron

Aaron

The MSFN Banana

• Patrons
  • 5,767 posts
  • Joined 17-August 01
GM, have you considered version numbering your releases? :)

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developer
  • 3,062 posts
  • Joined 22-August 03

GM, have you considered version numbering your releases? :)

Well ... I did introduce Release Date in the upper right corner (when I remember to change it ... took a few minutes this time). I believe MS regulations prohibit version numbering in CMD based applications ... And this way, I can sneak the debugged releases in with XPCREATE Update, and no one will ever know ... let's see, XU, WU, maybe I'm on to something ...

Wraith

Wraith

Dr. Nick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • Joined 01-January 04
Still no ISO creation path :rolleyes:

EDIT: Yay! Best luck in the world! :) (Check the attachment :D)
Was using SP1, not SP1a. Newest version of XPCREATE.

May as well go try it with SP1a. Got nothing else to do today... :D

Attached Files

• Attached File  yay.jpg   6.09KB   25 downloads

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

shareef59

shareef59

• PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Joined 21-November 03
@GreenMachine

Once again, many thanks for the latest version! After a few sleepless nights thinking about this version, I am ready to lock and load. :rolleyes:

As a matter of interest, which folder do I place some of my programs which has been repackaged using iexpress and where does the msjava (the old and new slipstreamed version) go? Also, can the msjava be included as a optional download and added to the "download" page, along with any others that might prove useful. If storage space etc is a concern, let me know, I can arrange it so you have as much space as needed, within reason.

Once again, awesome job!!! One step closer to the "Perfect Solution"

:)
Read the rules.

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developer
  • 3,062 posts
  • Joined 22-August 03

... Best luck in the world!  :) ...

I added ISOPATH support ... maybe that will fix it ... You could try using the alternate CDIMAGE switches: Custom Settings - Alt something ...

@shareef59: Thanks. Most of the directory usage is listed on the web site. Part of my reasoning in getting away from CMDLINES.TXT and WINNT.SIF is that conventional pre-install tools/methods can be used. There are, of course, still hooks into XPCREATE, just not as many. Check the web site - directory usage or something.

I'm not really interested in hosting or linking to repacked MS files, but thanks for the space offer. I prefer to let MS host all the files I need!

I should note that if you are planning on using the RunOnceEx reg key, that XPCREATE uses entries 400 for cleanup, 500+ for hotfixes, 600 for cleanup, and 900 for (optional) reboot.

Wraith

Wraith

Dr. Nick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • Joined 01-January 04
Well isn't this fun. vga.sys seems to be corrupted no matter which SP1 I put in. Gonna go put the original in FILESCD\I386 now...

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

mdes

mdes

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Joined 07-November 03
  • About XPCREATE HFNETCHK Add-On :

SETONCE.REG should be placed in the XPCREATE directory of the same name

Is it the same name as HFNETCHK.EXE (FILESCD\$OEM$\$$)?
  • The folder SVC-MSX is not created: any reason?

Windows XP Pro French + SP2 Many Thanks to GreenMachine XPCREATE
Michel Dessaintes (nick: mdes) FlashList for genealogy, CongésRFV for Pocket PC

Narag

Narag

• 31 posts
  • Joined 27-November 03
@GreenMachine:
1) Thanx a lot for the work you do ... :-)
2) Quick Hint: Could you add setting %WINLANG% to XPCREATE.INI (eventually to 'Settings' menu?

Greets
Narag

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developer
  • 3,062 posts
  • Joined 22-August 03
@mdes: I don't know why the directory is not created, I'll fix for next update. SETONCE is no longer used, and I don't yet know how I will replace it.

@Narag: I could include WINLANG, but it is only used for the update list, and that is only in ENU and FRA. It will not be a parameter: XPCREATE determines the language of the CD by the localized README file. If you tell me the name of your language README file, and the three letter language code (i.e. ENU, FRA, etc), I will add the code. Parameters such as Windows Language, Windows Version and Service Pack Version are determined at run-time, and are not User Settings.

Narag

Narag

• 31 posts
  • Joined 27-November 03
@GreenMachine:
I saw this code for language determination in XPCREATE code, but the problem is that in my german language original CD the README filename isn't localised so this method isn't usable for me :-(
That's why I suggested %WINLANG% variable setting. Or something like %FORCEWINLANG% :-))) to override system determined value ...

Thanx
Narag

gandalfgrey

gandalfgrey

Junior

• Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Joined 29-December 03
hello again,

i noticed a bug in latest version of xpcreate(08.01)

the svcpack.inf created had following error:
after appending svc-cus entries it does not add line break, that means when it processes runonce entries, it adds runonce.exe to the last svc-cus.txt line, not a new line, which cripples both of them.

this might only happen on my pc, but still; bug is a bug

thanks in advance

Moat

Moat

• 19 posts
  • Joined 30-December 03
First, Thanks for the great program.

I had a question, is there anyway I can tell XPCreate to not add a things, like select if I want it merge Movie Maker 2 or Messenger?

-Moat

Moat

Moat

• 19 posts
  • Joined 30-December 03
Update: Answer in XPCREATE Thread. Sorry.

I am trying to use XPCREATE and I am getting the following error when building with the ISO in Microsoft Virtual PC.

Fatal Error:
One of the componments that Windows needs to continue setup could not be installed.
Untranslatable message, Win32LastError is 14001.

===

Any ideas, on how I can troubleshoot this? All I did was run "One Step CD Creation" and modify the WINNT.SIF a little.

-Moat

syntax_13

syntax_13

• 27 posts
  • Joined 31-August 03
Same problem here.
I just build a One Step ISO.
Also tried building the CD using Nero, but this resulted in the same error.

Jurgen

gandalfgrey

gandalfgrey

Junior

• Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Joined 29-December 03

hello again,

i noticed a bug in latest version of xpcreate(08.01)

the svcpack.inf created had following error:
after appending svc-cus entries it does not add line break, that means when it processes runonce entries, it adds runonce.exe to the last svc-cus.txt line, not a new line, which cripples both of them.

this might only happen on my pc, but still; bug is a bug

thanks in advance

sorry for the confusion, it was my fault entirely. After reading through the main batch and relooking my svc-cus.txt i realized that i had not put a line break myself :)

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developer
  • 3,062 posts
  • Joined 22-August 03
@syntax_13 and Moat: The error you are experiencing is normal. Is is the punishment for posting in the wrong thread ... please post you XPCREATE questions in this thread, or there is a good chance I will not see them. I have decided to end your punishment, and I believe an Update via the Web should bring XPCREATE back into control.

@mdes: It seems SVC-MSX is not created because it is no longer used. (I wish people would keep me up to date ... maybe I'll have to start that daily memo thing again, too ... )

@Narag, and any other non ENU user: If you could post your PRODSPEC.INI file, I may be able to better detect language versions.

@gandalfgrey: Don't take too much credit: your last line feed was a work around. Your call was right on the money, and I did need to add another "blank" line to be sure.

@Moat: To disable any AutoUpdate component, disable AutoUpdate, and simply remove that which you do not want installed.

Those of you that did have a Win32LastError, please let me know if this fixes it.

mdes

mdes

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Joined 07-November 03
If SVC-MSX is no more used, where to put dotnetfx.exe, langpack.exe & mm20fra.exe ? (see your page Adding Hotfixes)
About Win32LastError, I just had it with the following files:
XPCMAIN.CMD=08.01.2004 01:00[quote]FILESCD\I386\WINNT.SIF
FLASH\swflash.cab
HFTYPE1\WindowsXP-KB824141-x86-FRA.exe
HFTYPE1\WindowsXP-KB825119-x86-FRA.exe
HFTYPE1\WindowsXP-KB826939-x86-FRA.exe
HFTYPE1\WindowsXP-KB826942-x86-FRA.exe
HFTYPE1\WindowsXP-KB828035-x86-FRA.exe
HFTYPE1\WindowsXP-KB829558-x86-FRA.exe
HFTYPE1\Q322011_WXP_SP2_x86_FRA.exe
HFTYPE1\Q327979_WXP_SP2_x86_FRA.exe
HFTYPE1\Q811114_WXP_SP2_x86_FRA.exe
HFTYPE1\Q814995_WXP_SP2_x86_FRA.exe
HFTYPE1\Q815021_WXP_SP2_x86_FRA.exe
HFTYPE1\Q819696_WXP_SP2_x86_FRA.exe
HFTYPE1\WindowsMedia-KB828026-x86-FRA.exe
HFTYPE1\WindowsXP-KB810217-x86-FRA.exe
HFTYPE1\WindowsXP-KB810243-x86-FRA.exe
HFTYPE1\WindowsXP-KB820291-x86-FRA.exe
HFTYPE1\WindowsXP-KB821253-x86-FRA.exe
HFTYPE1\WindowsXP-KB822603-x86-FRA.exe
HFTYPE1\WindowsXP-KB823182-x86-FRA.exe
HFTYPE1\WindowsXP-KB824105-x86-FRA.exe
HFTYPE2\hu1002_pro.exe
HFTYPE2\js56nfr.exe
HFTYPE2\q330994.exe
HFTYPE2\q820223.exe
HFTYPE2\q824145.exe
REPACK\JAVANEW\msjavwu.exe
REPACK\JAVAOLD\msjavx86.exe
REPACK\MDAC\Q823718_MDAC_SecurityPatch.exe
REPACK\WMP\MPSetupXP.exe
RO-HF1\WindowsXP-KB817778-x86-FRA.exe
RO-MSX\HMTCDWizard_FRA.exe
RO-X2M\install.exe
RO-X2M\setup.exe
SVC-EXE\QCHAIN.EXE
SVC-MSX\dotnetfx.exe
SVC-MSX\langpack.exe
SVC-MSX\mm20fra.exe[/quote]XCPREATE.INI=[quote][XPCREATE]
SLIPSPK=NO
SLIPHF1=YES
SLIPHF2=YES
AUTOUPDATESPK=NO
AUTOUPDATECRI=NO
AUTOUPDATEREC=NO
AUTOUPDATEXPC=NO
SILENTINSTALL=NO
DELTEMP=NO
SAVELOG=YES
DOCABS=NO
DOSVCPACK=YES
DORUNONCE=YES
DOISO=YES
DOBURN=YES
XPSOURCE=M:\WinXP.Reduced.SP1 (=Original WinXP CD slipstreamed with SP1, with the followind folders removed: DOCS, SUPPORT, VALUEADD, I386\COMPDATA, I386\LANG, I386\WINNTUPG, I386\WIN9XMIG and I386\WIN9XUPG)
BOOTIMGFILE=M:\WinXP.Boot\BOOTIMG.BIN
CDBURNER=W:
CDSPEED=MAX
ALTCDIMAGE=NO
CLEANSPTEMP=NO
REBOOTTO=15
REBOOT=YES
ISOPATH="M:\XP0109.ISO"
CDERASE=YES[/quote]WINNT.SIF=[quote];SetupMgrTag 

[Data] 
    AutoPartition=0 
    MsDosInitiated="0" 
    UnattendedInstall="Yes" 

[Unattended] 
    UnattendMode=FullUnattended 
    OemSkipEula=Yes 
    OemPreinstall=Yes
    Repartition=No 
    UnattendSwitch="Yes" 
    WaitForReboot="No" 
    DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
;    OemPnPDriversPath=""
    TargetPath=\Windows 
    AutoActivate = No

[GuiUnattended] 
    AdminPassword=* 
    EncryptedAdminPassword=NO 
    AutoLogon=Yes 
    AutoLogonCount=3 
    OEMSkipRegional=1 
    TimeZone=105
    OemSkipWelcome=1 

[UserData] 
    ProductKey=xxxx-...
    FullName="Michel" 
    OrgName="" 
    ComputerName=PC-Michel

[Display] 
    BitsPerPel=32
    Xresolution=1280
    YResolution=1024
    Vrefresh=60

;[TapiLocation]
;    CountryCode=33
;    Dialing=Tone
;    AreaCode=1

;[RegionalSettings]
;    LanguageGroup=1
;    Language=00000809

[Identification] 
    JoinWorkgroup=MSHOME

[Networking] 
    InstallDefaultComponents=Yes 

;[Branding]
;    BrandIEUsingUnattended=Yes

;
;    AutoConfig=0

;[Components]

;[Shell]

;[GuiRunOnce][/quote]
If you didn't have mentionned this Win32LastError, I was decided to abandon the Unattended Installation making (and so, XPCREATE), I had too much problems: hpt3xx.sys not found, vga.sys corrupted, bad screen resolution, I should often open/close my CD reader tray at T-13 to sontinue processing, Win32LastError (14001) at T-39,... But, I know that you are going to solve all those problem (very quicly as usual :rolleyes:) that's why I'm going to continue testing XPCREATE.

When you say [quote]Those of you that did have a Win32LastError, please let me know if this fixes it.[/quote]What does "this" represent as XPCREATE version ?

In any case, You did and still do a great job :D don't abandon all the guys (as me) with such problems! :)

Michel.

ps: If you have some time, could you update your Web pages Adding Hotfixes and [url=http://greenmachine.msfnhosting.com/XPCREATE/current.htm]Current Hotfixes
Windows XP Pro French + SP2 Many Thanks to GreenMachine XPCREATE
Michel Dessaintes (nick: mdes) FlashList for genealogy, CongésRFV for Pocket PC

techtype

techtype

* Seeker of Knowledge *

• PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Joined 18-October 03
OK, I finally got around to trying your latest XPcreate. I must be doing something wrong. I put my XP CD in the drive and chose "One Step CD Creation". After quite a bit of chugging, it said it was done. I found the ISO and loaded it into VPC (not the Microsoft one). After a while, it completed the install and rebooted. When I went to Windows Update, there were no updates of any kind needed except the well known USB one (because of VPC). Now what kind of fun was that?? I did not have to do anything. I am going to go back now and see if I can screw it up ---- id*** proof ---ha!

shareef59

shareef59

• PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Joined 21-November 03
@techtype

Yeppers!! Same here!!! You da Man GreenMachine!!! Now this might be real lame but perhaps a GUI presentation (instead of the cmd boxes) of product is in order soon!! LOL :rolleyes:

The whole thing rocks anyways!!!!!

Read the rules.

Ghent

Ghent

Junior

• Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Joined 07-January 04
Thought I would give your Software a try since I really didn't want to have to integrate all of the hotfix's.
Made some changes to the final product though. I added my SATA drive to the installation. ( Die Floppy's Die) Made my own winnt.sif because of some certain things I wanted installed and didn't wanted installed. I'm using MS Virtual PC to install it right now, though I found one problem at the start, It wouldn't boot from the cd. Made my own ISO and no problem now. It say my SATA drive no problem and was able to install it onto that. Once it's done installing I'll let you know if everything went good. Hopefully so.

If anyone has any question on how I made the changes to the txtsetup.sif just message me and I'll help you along, though there is one edit that is difficult to due since you need a certain code. But others and myself are looking into that code.

Wraith

Wraith

Dr. Nick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • Joined 01-January 04
/me starts throwing grenades at people that can get it to work first time!

@mdes: one of the hotfixes is screwing up vga.sys - haven't tracked it down yet. I have a feeeling it's a type I - the type II's haven't given me any problems as yet. (Let's hope I didn't just jinx myself.)
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users