Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

XPCREATE Project

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
844 replies to this topic

fugeicon

fugeicon
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 27-December 03

/me starts throwing grenades at people that can get it to work first time!

:rolleyes:

@mdes: one of the hotfixes is screwing up vga.sys - haven't tracked it down yet. I have a feeeling it's a type I - the type II's haven't given me any problems as yet. (Let's hope I didn't just jinx myself.)

Found the solution to this problem. it has something to do with SP1a being slipstreamed during the creation process. What i did to correct it was to slipstream the serive pack to the source first and then create a custom cd with the slipstream servicepack option set to NO! No more vga.sys error!

Thank You GreenMachine for the great program :)

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developer
  • 3,062 posts
  • Joined 22-August 03
@mdes: The files go in SVC-X2M. There was one typo on the Directories page, but I fixed it now. When I get the time, I will more likely remove the links to the Current Hotfixes page, as maintaining the list is not fun ... and with AutoUpdate, not needed. I did not realize you were having so many problems. The hpt2xx.sys error has appeared for others, and I believe I saw the same error in a non-XPCREATE CD posted not long ago. vga.sys as well. These are not coincidences. We will get it worked out, and i didn't realize I was so close to loosing you. Who will use my only other supported language if you quit?

@techtype: Sorry to bore you!

@shareef59 ( & others ): By running XPCREATE you have installed the GreenMachine Filter on your PC. When this filter detects the letters G and U and I all together (I don't dare do it, but you know what I mean: IUG backwards) in any XPCREATE posts ... well, I decline all responsibility!

@Ghent: Does this mean it works for you, except the ISO creation? If so, could you try the same thing after selecting Custom Settings - Use Alternate CDIMAGE ... to help determine if we are having problems with CDIMGE (anyone with file/boot trouble shuld try this first). I am insterested in knowing what you needed to do to get the SATA working for you. Which files modified, which added ...

@Wraith: Take it easy: he said it didn't boot the first time! Maybe you already started throwing grenades! Did you try the alternate CDIMAGE command thing?

@Moat: Did your problem disappear yet?

I'm a little unclear to who still has outstanding problems, so, other than Wraith, mdes and czaja74, who else? You may want to consider auto saving the log files. This will create a cab file with all your personal information and bank accounts, ready to be posted on the Internet. I'm a little helpless without this information.

Please keep me posted, and please use this thread to do so. Thanks to all of you for your help testing this, and I hope that some of you are saving some time thanks to XPCREATE. If any foreigners could post their PRODSPEC.INI file, that would be appreciated.

Wraith

Wraith

Dr. Nick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • Joined 01-January 04

Found the solution to this problem. it has something to do with SP1a being slipstreamed during the creation process. What i did to correct it was to slipstream the serive pack to the source first and then create a custom cd with the slipstream  servicepack option set to NO! No more vga.sys error!

I wish it were that simple... I'm working with a pre-slipstreamed SP1a too :/

@Wraith: Take it easy: he said it didn't boot the first time! Maybe you already started throwing grenades! Did you try the alternate CDIMAGE command thing?

Yeah, I tried alternate CDIMAGE switches.
It definitely is one of the type I hotfixes - no more VGA.SYS error at all, when I don't slipstream type I.
The latest one I made had everything except the type I hotfixes.
Except nothing got installed. No DX9, no WMP9, nothing.

/me is having HEAPS of fun. :)

Hate to say it, but I think it's time I did it ALL manually. This s*** just ain't workin.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

mdes

mdes

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Joined 07-November 03
Here in France, it is 6 am, I can't sleep anymore, XPCREATE is too addictive, thanks for all your advices, I will try them during the day, but now, I go back to sleep............. Hopefully, I keep nearly all of my XPCREATE folders of my attempts (but I don't keep the Installed Windows: I don't have dozen of bootable partitions :) )
Windows XP Pro French + SP2 Many Thanks to GreenMachine XPCREATE
Michel Dessaintes (nick: mdes) FlashList for genealogy, CongésRFV for Pocket PC

Wraith

Wraith

Dr. Nick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • Joined 01-January 04
Error lookup for 14001:

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

(Not that it helps :))
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Narag

Narag

• 31 posts
  • Joined 27-November 03

@Narag, and any other non ENU user: If you could post your PRODSPEC.INI file, I may be able to better detect language versions.

Here are PRODSPEC.INIs for Czech and German Windows XP Professional ...

First goes German:
;
;WICHTIGER HINWEIS: DIESE DATEI DARF NICHT GE─NDERT ODER GELÍSCHT WERDEN!
;
[SMS Inventory Identification]
Version=1.0

[Product Specification]
Product=Windows XP Professional

Version=5.0
Localization=German
ServicePackNumber=0
BitVersion=40 
[Version]
DriverVer=07/01/2001,5.1.2600.0

and second goes Czech:
;
;Poznßmka pro u×ivatele: Neodstra˛ujte ani nemý˛te tento soubor.
;
Version=1.0

[Product Specification]
Product=Windows XP Professional

Version=5.0
Localization=Czech
ServicePackNumber=0
BitVersion=40 
[Version]

I add them zipped too, as they contain empty lines before the text

Oops, I forgot to supply three-letter code:
DEU=German
CZE=Czech

:)

Attached Files

Edited by Narag, 09 January 2004 - 02:22 AM.

Narag

Narag

• 31 posts
  • Joined 27-November 03

Those of you that did have a Win32LastError, please let me know if this fixes it.

I was having Win32LastError ...

last version of XPCREATE FIXED it
thanx for being so fast to respond & fix
:)

Ghent

Ghent

Junior

• Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Joined 07-January 04
Well the install went with very little problems. Made a mistake in my version of the winnt.sif. Forgot to add a " at one spot. So simple but wouldn't go past it. The installation went great. Like I said earlier no problem with my SATA drive.

This is how I did it. Tho there are a lot of other routes that you can take. You can look around at msdn.microsoft.com for some other hints. GL tho.

Get your newest drivers from the service provider. IE Promise, ASUS, MSI and so on.

Download them and extract them to a new folder. Doesn't mater.
Here are mine.

Fasttx2k.cat
fasttx2k.INF
fasttx2k.sys
winxp.txt

Now you have to copy and only copy the "sys" file to your I386 folder.
Make a new folder structure in the i386 like the following

-I386
-$OEM$
-$1
-Drivers
= \I386\$OEM$\$1\Drivers\01
-----------------------------
That part is a must have. The 01 is just for problem solving issues. You can name any folder there after what every you want to call it. Ie SATA and so on. You can make many differnet folder after the Drivers, but it can't have any sub folder's in it. IE 01\WinXp, will not work. The files have to be in the 01 folder.

So copy all files for hardware to this director, if there is sub directors grab the XP one and make sure it has these 3 basic files in it *.sys, *.inf, *.cat Those 3 files you have to have. The rest you don't really need. Well for a RAID/SATA driver that is.

Here's the fun part. Look in the I386 folder and look for a file called txtsetup.sif, if there is non, look for a file called txtsetup.si_ (It's compressed) uncompress it with winrar or the decompressor tool that comes with XP(Dos Base).
Open it with notepad, Not wordpad.

Do a search for [SourceDisksFiles]
add the following line into it.

FASTTX2K.SYS = 1,,,,,,_x,3,4,1

Now what I was talking about code before was these number code. From what I've seen from over's it's differnet each time.
Go to this web site to get a breif understanding how it works. I'm still looking for the full info from MS. But thanks Gosh again for this great info. http://gosh.msfnhost...om/txtsetup.htm

Now if you put your SYS file into the I386 directory that isn't compress you have to have the _x after this part 1,,,,,, . What that does is tell Windows it's not a compress system file. if it's compressed you don't need the _x. If you have a differnet file give it a try.

Next look for [HardwareIdsDatabase] in txtseup.sif

and add the following line

PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_3376 = "Fasttx2k"

Now unless you have the same MB or same Controller as me this will not work. To get your to work open up the INF file for your drivers.
Look for something that starts with PCI\Ven_.
It can range from one line to many lines. Copy each one that has a differnet number at the end IE=
PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_3376 = "Fasttx2k"
PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_3377= "Fasttx2k"
PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_3378= "Fasttx2k"

Notice how each number is dirrent. Make it the same as I have. IE:
PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_3376 = "drivername" Don't need the .sys at the end. It has to be like how I have it like above on the first one I put on.

Next find [SCSI.Load]
add this line into it.

Fasttx2k = Fasttx2k.sys,4

Next find [SCSI]
add this line into it.
Fasttx2k = "WinXP Promise FastTrak 376 ™ Controlle"

Look into your INF file again and look for what it's called.

Now this works for my MB which is an ASUS P4PE. If you have the Promise Fasttrak 376 or TX4000 it will work for you how I did mine, for differnet Controller cards and MB replace where I put fasttx2k with the name off your system file. In the areas where I only put the name and not the .sys do the same.

I've done this before without using XCREATE just for the SATA drivers and it worked no problem. This is my first time trying it with Xcreate and I did it with MS Virtual Machine, and no problems. Once I have done all the final editing to my scripts I'll do it with a clean partition on SATA HD to see what happens. I'll let you guys know of any problems I run into an possible work arounds. If you guys want a copy of my winnt.sif and txtsetup.sif to see what I've done just ask.

Ghent

Ghent

Junior

• Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Joined 07-January 04
Forgot some very important information that you need to put into your winnt.sif

In the [Unattended]
Make sure the following line is in there
OemPnPDriversPath=Drivers\01;Drivers\02

Depending on how many extra folders you put into the Drivers depends on what you put there. Also this line has to be one line, no second or 3rd line. Each one has to be separated by a ";". And change the 01 and so on, to what every you named it. From what I've read from MS web site they will install depending on the numerical order. If they have no numerical value at the start of it they will install differently. So if you have a certain order that you want your drivers to install make sure you have numerical values at the start of it. IE: 01_SATA, 02_Sound.. and so on.

Another important thing to put in here is

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

What that does is incase your drivers aren't WSHQ singed from MS they will still install if that line isn't there and they aren't singed you will just hang and XP will not install anymore.

Also I posted this in another thread, but is good to mention it here as well. Check out the ref.chm in the deploy.cab in the Tools folder. This gives you complete information on what and what not you can do with the winnt.sif. Yes it's a help file, But for once MS made one I will actually use. :)

Warning, from what I have read at MS these will install when windows Xp finally boot's after login screen. I highly doubt this though, because it hasn't done this to me as of yet, but installed them during the last 13 min of installation.

Ghent

Ghent

Junior

• Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Joined 07-January 04
Just finally finished reading this hole thread. WOW, Great job so far on this program. :)

Was wondering if anyone found the problem with "hpt3xx.sys not found" error.
I ran into this problem myself a while back. Like 2 months ago while making a boot-able slipstreamed and RAID cd for my friends XP Pro.
What I found to be the problem then was SP1a. It only happened when I did the slipstream. When I did another cd with it not being Slipstreamed already everything worked without any problems.
I believe the issues is around the drivers.cab since it is there. But it's looking for them in the I386 folder. When I copied it to there as well had no problem with it. I think it's a problem that happens during the slipstreaming. The file isn't properly coped to the I386 folder as well. But I've done many more slipstreams since then and most of them have worked, but only about 3 of them ran into this problem. So I think it only happens from time to time. Guess it's a MS bug. But nothing I can find on MSBN about it or any other of there tech pages. :/

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developer
  • 3,062 posts
  • Joined 22-August 03
@fugeicon: Didn't see you snuck in there. Welcome to the club, and thanks for adding your "What worked for me." Success stories are always welcome!

@Wraith: I'm running out of ideas as well. Is the pre-slipstreamed cd a NON XPCREATE CD (if not, try that)? The Process Cabs should be off. The problem comes with slipstreaming the fixes. vga.sys is not in any of the fixes. It could be something else in the hotfix processing that is doing it, not one actual hotfix. I will look for an old version that will ony slipstram and ceate SVCPACK.INF, and see what that does. I should have it sometime this weekend.

@Narag: Thanks for the files and codes. Strange, "German" is written in English, where as "French" (Français) is written in French:
;
;Attention : VOUS NE DEVEZ PAS MODIFIER NI SUPPRIMER CE FICHIER.
;
Version=1.0

[Product Specification]
Product=Windows XP Professionnel

Version=5.0
Localization=Français
ServicePackNumber=0
BitVersion=40 
[Version]
I think there must be some local law requiring this ...

@Ghent: Thanks for sharing that SATA info. Seems there is a pattern developing for successfull SATA installation ... Most people have seen that deploy.cab file, though I suspect that it is not consulted enough ... There is also a SP1 version, that is not delivered with SP1. There is a link on my website to the SP1 version: good addition to your updated CD ... Just saw your last post. The whole thread? Geez, time for one of those Green Ones! (Heinekin is my Green of choice ... ) Good point about the cab file, that is kind of zhere my suspicions are at the moment. I (optionally) repack the DRIVER.CAB if I slipstream ... Slipstreaming SP1 on it's on does not update DRIVER.CAB itself, but it does change pointers to it, and add SP1.CAB, it's compliment. To be continued ...

I'm curious as to who is having the vga.sys or hpt3xx.sys issues. If so, please manifest yourself, as well as any info that may be helpfull (SP version, slipstreamed or not, etc.)

coucou

coucou

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts
  • Joined 01-January 04
Here bellow a suggestionof some hotfix to be added

Advanced Networking Pack for Windows XP (KB817778) ...Other Language available HERE

Windows Application Compatibility Toolkit 3.0 ...English only (24MB) HERE

Blaster Worm Removal Tool for Windows XP and Windows 2000 (KB833330)...Other Language available HERE

Autoplay Repair Wizard ...English only HERE

Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer...English only HERE

Nice WE :)
coucou

Moat

Moat

• 19 posts
  • Joined 30-December 03
Update:
Everything is working fine now! No more errors. Thanks for the quick fix.

Just a few things I noticed:

1.It would be nice if it showed some status when it first copies XP source files off the CD, it shows status when it copies them from dir to dir after that first copy.

2.It seems on my last run it didn't use vcopy.exe. I'm going to start from scratch again to see if it does the same.

3.If I put in my XP Slipstreamed SP2 CD. It locks up in iopus download on the first download. I bet because it is trying to download something that doesn't exist. Just a note, I'm not trying to use SP2 I just used it by accident and it locked up.

-Moat

mdes

mdes

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Joined 07-November 03
GreenMachine is now using VVCOPY.EXE instead of VCOPY.EXE !?
@Moat: Rename VCOPY.EXE to VVCOPY.EXE in then XPCREATE folder.

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developer
  • 3,062 posts
  • Joined 22-August 03
Thanks coucou: I stumbled on some of those tools today (the blaster removal from 31.12.2003 caught my eye ... ) And the infamous 817778. I can't slipstream that one for the life of me, mainly because it is more of an optional component than a hotfix ... The Baseline Security thing is also recommended for those with security risks ... Nice Week-End to you, too!

@Moat: Glad it finally worked out. I was having troubles with VCOPY, which is why I pulled it, and I don't have time at the moment to look into it. If I get it working, I will once again use it. Your 3 points: 1) Done. 2) See above. 3) Yes, it was hung looking for something that did not exist. Give it another go: it should download the list of fixes, and see that there is nothing to do (still waiting for my first SP2 hotfix, then I will start playing with slipping SP2)

@mdes: Careful: isn't that in violation of your GreenMachine EULA?!

Everybody: Have a nice weekend!

Narag

Narag

• 31 posts
  • Joined 27-November 03

@Narag: Thanks for the files and codes. Strange, "German" is written in English, where as "French" (Français) is written in French:
I think there must be some local law requiring this ...

Yea, if I remember correctly, France has the strongest laws enforcing national language and protecting it from English :-)

Ghent

Ghent

Junior

• Pip
  • 50 posts
  • Joined 07-January 04
You should see Quebec here in Canada. Law's here are insane. But Quebec wants to be different though.

mdes

mdes

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Joined 07-November 03
s***: Still a VGA.SYS error :)

2 Hour later: Tryed with SP1a instead of SP1 => Win32LastError :rolleyes:

Now trying to remove old & new Java! See you back in 2 hours :D

2 Hour later: VGA.SYS error :D

Edited by mdes, 09 January 2004 - 01:56 PM.

urie

urie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Joined 30-July 03
Hi There wondering if any one could help me I used xp pro with rollup1 slipstreamed into it as my source cd for xpcreate it created the iso file and i installed windows with no problems but im to sure if it installed all the hotfixes, I know that it reset 3 times and that it did install journal viewer ect but i cant see any hotfixes in windows.

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developer
  • 3,062 posts
  • Joined 22-August 03

Hi There wondering if any one could help me I used xp pro with rollup1 slipstreamed into it as my source cd for xpcreate it created the iso file and i installed windows with no problems but im to sure if it installed all the hotfixes, I know that it reset 3 times and that it did install journal viewer ect but i cant see any hotfixes in windows.

XPCREATE should only boot on or two times after setup completes. If it does there is a problem. XPCREATE accepts XP RTM or XP SP1 as it's source. The Slipstreamed Rollup source is not supported. XPCREATE slipstreams the Security Rollup along with the other hotfixes. I would not feel confident using the CD you created, though most your Rollup Slipstreaming was probably overwritten with XPCREATE information.

Please keep your XPCREATE questions in this thread ...

urie

urie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Joined 30-July 03
GreenMachine Thank you for your quick reply i will redo the disk with nomal xp sp1

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developer
  • 3,062 posts
  • Joined 22-August 03

GreenMachine Thank you for your quick reply i will redo the disk with nomal xp sp1

Safest bet ... also a prerequisite for any future support!
Give a holler with your findings, even if it all works fine!

Nich

Nich

• 42 posts
  • Joined 21-September 03
Have you tried logging on to windowsupdate.com and seeing what it lists?
Life is not an option, it is a gift. Death is the option. -- Frank Herbert

prathapml

prathapml

Follow the rules please :-)

• Patrons
  • 6,791 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03
@GreenMachine - i don't think urie will see the updates installed in Add/Remove Programs because GreenMachine's XPCREATE utility installs hot fixes with the "app.exe /Q /U /N /Z" command switches. Isn't it ?

Doing what nich said will settle the matter for you urie - see if it lists the hotfixes which were supposed to already be installed by using XPCREATE.

Cheers !!!
Posted ImageCheers !!!   Donate to MSFN and Help Keep This Site Running
||Please Read the Forum Rules||  Etiquette   || Welcome to MSFN - Forum Basics || Before posting
prathapml :: MSFN Supermod :: Private Message me if you ever have a problem while at MSFN

ljones2

ljones2

Junior

• Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Joined 23-September 03
GREAT program. When I run xpcreate.cmd, I run into 1 error. I tried my cd and it DOES work, I'm wondering why I am getting this error. I attached a screenshot and my xpcreate.log file.

Thanks,
ljones2

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users