Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

XPCREATE Project

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
844 replies to this topic

shareef59

shareef59

• PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Joined 21-November 03

@shareef59: Thanks for the positive feedback. I know some people will miss some of the "extras", but this one does have that solid feel. As Joe Friday says, "Just the facts, Ma'am." Let us know what you manage to install where, for future reference.

Another 100% succesful creation and instalation, with small extras added to basic setup!! :)

1) Added my RegTweaks.reg file to $OEM$, called it via cmdlines.txt
Can the reg file be added to a XPC Folder, which will also make it inheritent to all subsequent user accounts?
2) Added to SVC-EXE Folder, using "iexpress" format with appropriate switches -
a. Abode Reader 6 Full.
b. PowerArchiver8.70 (registered).
c. MSJavx86.EXE (new), using the method by Baliktad.

There are other proggies I intend to include in the CD, but am taking it step by step, so as to see if and where any errors comes up. So far, its 8 o'clock EST and all is well!! Will be posting updates as and when I make additions and test the CD creation and installation via MS Virtual PC 2004.
:rolleyes:
Read the rules.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Alanoll

Alanoll

CODE tags people, CODE tags!

• Patrons
  • 5,496 posts
  • Joined 25-September 03
@G
This is tru..i don't get it. But i would be happy for any help....
http://download.micr...71c5/mp9edp.exe
Welcome to the Forum! Please READ Me!!
Alright, that's it for the site for now. Now on to the next project....which could concievable replace the current site :)

ColMaki

ColMaki

• 37 posts
  • Joined 24-January 04
@GM:

thx for the quick answer. Looked to me also as something very odd. You've updated the version that is available for download?

techtype

techtype

* Seeker of Knowledge *

• PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Joined 18-October 03
Finished my final CD (tweaks -addons and all). It is perfect. Thanks Green! Turns out I did have every file in the right place. The stupidity came when I glanced at Windows Update, which showed Q816093 was missing and somehow saw it as the mdac patch. Now, if Microsoft does not release any weird patches, it should be easy to keep updated.

Spheris

Spheris

• PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Joined 28-July 03
Green, there is a post to take care of the last piece

I'm out with my son tomorrow for a while. You have the help desk tomorrow :)

shareef59

shareef59

• PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Joined 21-November 03

Finished my final CD (tweaks -addons and all). It is perfect. Thanks Green! Turns out I did have every file in the right place. The stupidity came when I glanced at Windows Update, which showed Q816093 was missing and somehow saw it as the mdac patch. Now, if Microsoft does not release any weird patches, it should be easy to keep updated.

Kinda interested in "what, how and where" you added to your final CD. Might make my life a little easier. :)
Read the rules.

hevnbnd

hevnbnd

• PipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Joined 06-September 03
[quote name='shareef59' date='Feb 8 2004, 03:13 PM'] [/QUOTE]
Everything else went very smoothly, 100% satisfied!!! :rolleyes:
Now to concentrate on adding in some non-ms proggies. All are in "iexpress" format and was wondering which folder would contain them?
:) [/QUOTE]

@shareef59 Might be a little bit off the subject, but is there any information on how to install a program in "iexpress" format.... Thanks B

Thanks X

XtremeMaC

XtremeMaC

MSFN SuperB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,070 posts
  • Joined 13-October 03
surely there is, refer to gm's webpage
http://greenmachine.msfnhosting.com/
left bottom u'll see examples

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developer
  • 3,062 posts
  • Joined 22-August 03
Wow! I woke up, and not one "ERROR" message! And others have been doing my work! I may go back to bed just to do it again!

I'll post back to all when I get home in about 8 hours (unless it turns out I'm dreaming ... )

@ColMaki: I have updated, but not made available for download, as the problem is more cosmetic than functional. I think this falls in to the "Recommended" XPCREATE update, and not "Critical", and I'm going to stop causing problems for all of us, and not release till there is a real reason, and I have had a chance to run a few tests. It works fine as is, except for the message.

You guys are great! Thanks for helping me, and helping eachother while I "out".

shortie

shortie

Junior

• Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 06-February 04
Hi there,

I tried a couple of times to use XPCreate. So far the only thing I can say is => outstanding work GreenMachine.

I have one question though: I would like to install a couple of things by using the GUIRunOnce option within winnt.sif. My command.com which is called up there starts but can't finish, due to a forced reboot. A assume the that the reboot is forced by GuiRunOnceEx. Is this correct? What could I do to let my installation finish?

Thanx shortie
HP XW8600, 2*3.06 XEON, 8 GB RAM, ATI Radeon 4850, Win7 Ultimate

XtremeMaC

XtremeMaC

MSFN SuperB

• 5,070 posts
  • Joined 13-October 03
forced reboot?
are u adding other files after using xpcreate?

shortie

shortie

Junior

• Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 06-February 04
Hi,

within the winnt.sif I'm calling up a command.com. That command.com gets aborted due to a reboot which is done by the runonceb.exe.If you look into the runonceb.cmd you see the lines
REG ADD %KEY%\%SEQNUM4% /VE /D "Final Touches and Reboot" /f > NUL
REG ADD %KEY%\%SEQNUM4% /V 1 /D "SHUTDOWN /R /T 60 /C \"Please Stand By: The System is Rebooting.\"" /f > NUL
DEL *.REG /Q >NUL

regards, shortie

shortie

shortie

Junior

• Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Joined 06-February 04
Stupid question maybe. How can i modify the runonceb.cmd after I did a one-step or custom-cd and make shure that "my" runonceb.cmd is in the iso-file?

Thanks for advice, shortie

ColMaki

ColMaki

• 37 posts
  • Joined 24-January 04
@GM:

Problem Solved! it was a timing issue but I'm not sure it's because of the file names. I've just disabled my AV online scanner (NOD32) maybe it delayed the creation of the files in a few seconds.

No other errors. Going to try now this new ISO.

MtK

MtK

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Joined 02-December 03
Well, Although I still have the "quota" (hope that doesn't affect the installation) problem with VM, the installation went smooth to keep me in the "No-Problem" list...

Now I'm having problem with the network/internet on my VM, so I cann't check the WindowsUpdate, will be posting in a few minutes after the problem is solved...

EDIT: I know it's off topic but, can someone help me with this VM error?

Attached Files

Posted Image
"Know Your Limits And Ignore Them..."

techtype

techtype

* Seeker of Knowledge *

• PipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Joined 18-October 03

Kinda interested in "what, how and where" you added to your final CD. Might make my life a little easier. :)

@shareef59
I dropped that one (Q816093) into svc-hf2. Now, Windows Update shows only the Advanced Networking Pack is needed. (Which we know is to be expected)

The "addon" stuff that I add is mostly done by custom programming -- an advanced variation of my UpdateXP (available on this site, but largely superceded by XPinstall by Wraith) program. My version is too customized for my purposes to do anyone else any good and would just lead to endless questions. One of my main goals is to end up with no reboots.

Spheris

Spheris

• PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Joined 28-July 03
WARNING!!!!!!! (will rodgers :)

THE MSI REPACK IS INCOMPLETE

MAC & I will go over it later today, but for now. It's missing a few pieces (cats and otherwise to be considered for use with CREATE

mdes

mdes

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Joined 07-November 03
Whith the new XPC, I had a problem: IE could not be called from the left column of the Startup Menu: only the Internet setup was displayed.

Changing SET HFSPACK=SP1 to SET HFSPACK=SP2 in XCPREATE.CMD solved the problem! (In fact on the real PC - not with VPC - .NET Framework 1.1 French still appears with Windows Update.)

I tried the 2 solutions with nearly the same results on a real PC and with VPC 2004.

Edited by mdes, 09 February 2004 - 09:21 AM.

Windows XP Pro French + SP2 Many Thanks to GreenMachine XPCREATE
Michel Dessaintes (nick: mdes) FlashList for genealogy, CongésRFV for Pocket PC

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developer
  • 3,062 posts
  • Joined 22-August 03
@shortie: You are using the "Old" XPCREATE. The new one is HERE. I know the web site and links have not been updated: that is due to the fact I wanted a limited "test" audience, for easy debugging. The "New" XPCREATE no longer does the RunOnceEx stuff. I've had so much success with what I have now, I do not plan on updating the version you are using. If you do use the new version, please unpack the ZIP file to a new directory, and carefully move the hotfixes to the (differently named) directories.

@ColMaki: Sounds perfectly plausible. (I hate virus scanners ... hate them just a little less than viruses). Thanks for clearing it up.

@MtK: Sorry, I use VPC. Anyone else know that error?

@mdes: The version linked above no longer has that set it yourself option, and I should be able to determine the correct HFSPACK value. I don't think I have tested the French version recently. I'll try to get to it this week.

I'm pretty busy for the next couple of days, but I am currently implementing/testing the Advanced Network Pack, and I will keep you posted.

Spheris

Spheris

• PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Joined 28-July 03
A set of additional updates commonly overlooked but fairly essential for current and coming applications are the xml3/4 components - 3 is at sp4 status and 4 is at sp2. there is additionally a hotfix available to circumvent the ie teams botch up with the current ie rollup.

both the 3 and 4 msi's install fine from the SVC-X2M folder without incident

Have fun

shareef59

shareef59

• PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Joined 21-November 03

A set of additional updates commonly overlooked but fairly essential for current and coming applications are the xml3/4 components - 3 is at sp4 status and 4 is at sp2. there is additionally a hotfix available to circumvent the ie teams botch up with the current ie rollup.

both the 3 and 4 msi's install fine from the SVC-X2M folder without incident

Have fun

Wouldnt happen to have the links to the mentioned stuff, would ya? :rolleyes:
I have a bad hangover to look for them! :)
Read the rules.

XtremeMaC

XtremeMaC

MSFN SuperB

• 5,070 posts
  • Joined 13-October 03
gm I just wanted to comment on 1 thing why don't u include the auto xpcd finding lines in to the batch file? it was easier like that. there was no need for editing the .cmd file (I looked at it anyways but.. :) )

@mtk did u disable vmware services by any chance or disabled the network card created by vmware?

Spheris

Spheris

• PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Joined 28-July 03
http://download.micr...2/msxml3usa.msi

http://download.micr...1629c/msxml.msi

http://www.microsoft...&DisplayLang=en

MtK

MtK

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Joined 02-December 03
@XtremeMaC, after a breif investigation I discover the "VMWare Bridge"
service is not even installed...
I have NAT & DHCP & Authorization services but no Bridge...

No, no NIC or service was disabled...

I tryied several times reinstall but no good...
Posted Image
"Know Your Limits And Ignore Them..."

XtremeMaC

XtremeMaC

MSFN SuperB

• 5,070 posts
  • Joined 13-October 03
no i don't mean vmware bridge service (I don't think there is a service like that)
well what i'd do since it not a big program which takes hours to install
u can always uninstall (after uninstall remove its reg values and etc also some leftovers in the install folder) then reinstall should make life easier what not..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users