Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

XPCREATE Project

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
844 replies to this topic

MaaR

MaaR

Junior

• Pip
  • 63 posts
I just saw latest of yours! :)
couldn even imagine posibility to make menu like this :D in a cmd!!!
you'r a man :rolleyes:

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developer
  • 3,062 posts

I just saw latest of yours! :)
couldn even imagine posibility to make menu like this :D in a cmd!!!
you'r a man :rolleyes:

I aggree! GUI, SCMEE UI ... Actually, I just scripted an old DOS DougMenu, that I found at Bart's place, but it'll do for now ...

MaaR

MaaR

Junior

• Pip
  • 63 posts

-- 21:52:16 --> Look for XP Source.
-- 21:52:16 --> Look for CD-ROM Drives.
-- 21:52:19 --> Look for Source Version.
-- 21:52:19 --> Look for Service Pack Version.
-- 21:52:19 --> Starting XPCREATE. Cleaning TEMP directories.
-- 21:52:19 --> All parameters seem OK. Start copying files.
-- 21:52:19 --> Extracting Boot Image.
-- 21:52:19 --> Extracting source files. This will take a moment.

works without problems:)
but still it isn't "Custom" if it tries to do all the job for me :/

EDIT: I used F5,

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developer
  • 3,062 posts
You did not tell it where to look, so it went and tried to find it. You can go to File and Drive Settings - XP Source Path and point it to the right place, or got to Source Preparation - Extract XP CD to HDD and it will do it for you. Custom is defined as running XPCREATE using the various system parameters you select. Even when you select custom, it is the last prompt you will see before XPCREATE has finished.

MaaR

MaaR

Junior

• Pip
  • 63 posts
Feature request: some arrow or triangle on main menu there is submenu defined
I'M still :) about this;)

un4given1

un4given1

Elaborate Dreamer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts
GreenMachine: Lookin' great! I recommend you start looking into packaging your files. You could simply use IExpress to do it. That's just my recommendation.
What if everything around you, isn't quite as it seems...
What if all the world you used to know, is an elaborate dream...
And if you look at your reflection, Is that all you want to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks, Would you find yourself... find yourself afraid to see?

MaaR

MaaR

Junior

• Pip
  • 63 posts
@GreenMachine:
what procesing cab files is good for? does it changes something necessary?

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developer
  • 3,062 posts

GreenMachine: Lookin' great!  I recommend you start looking into packaging your files.  You could simply use IExpress to do it.  That's just my recommendation.

Well, un4given1, I knew I could count on you to truely appreciate the command line beauty! And now I even can use the arrow keys! You're right on about needing something ... I just don't have that worked out as I like for the moment. I got a few other irons in the fire at the moment, but I will get back to you on it ...

@MaaR: You want to see someting really cool? Select the Update XPCREATE via the Web option now, and you will have those triangles!

Processing Cab files will update the cab files with versions from the hotfixes. Theoretically, it should not be needed, as the XP configurations files (DOSNET.INF) have been modified to instruct XP to get certain files from the hotfixes, and not the cab files. Processing the cabs, on the otherhand, will merge the different driver.cab (and any other .cab file), and update the contents with the correct versions. It may be double kill, but I prefer it that way. My general rule of thumb: If I will be burning a CD, I process the cabs, if it is for virtual testing, I don't bother.

un4given1

un4given1

Elaborate Dreamer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts
GreenMachine: If you can give me some specifics as to how you would like to do an installer I can package it for you. If you would like it simply to just be one file that upon launch does the same thing as running your XPCREATE.CMD file does, that can easily be done too. If you are just curious to see what it might look like/act like let me know. I can package it all really quick and shoot you a copy.
What if everything around you, isn't quite as it seems...
What if all the world you used to know, is an elaborate dream...
And if you look at your reflection, Is that all you want to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks, Would you find yourself... find yourself afraid to see?

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developer
  • 3,062 posts

... I can package it all really quick and shoot you a copy.

That sounds like a no risk trial offer ... I'll PM you my email!

MaaR

MaaR

Junior

• Pip
  • 63 posts
Update XPCREATE via the Web works great :)
but Update HOTFIXES doesn't work for me :D

-- 22:46:52 --> Look for XP Source.
-- 22:46:52 --> Look for CD-ROM Drives.
Error: Cannot any CD Drives.
Value: CDROM1
  Press Enter to Exit Program.
-- 22:46:54 --> Downloading: Download List.
-- 22:46:54 --> /XPUPDATE//SP/ENU/XPCREATE.SPK
The system cannot find the file XPCREATE.SPK.
-- 22:46:58 --> Downloading: Download List.
-- 22:46:59 --> /XPUPDATE//SP/ENU/XPCREATE.CRI
The system cannot find the file XPCREATE.CRI.
-- 22:47:02 --> Downloading: Download List.
-- 22:47:02 --> /XPUPDATE//SP/ENU/XPCREATE.REC
The system cannot find the file XPCREATE.REC.

... and I dont see where slipstreem hf option is :D

there should be difference in "buttons" for options and for processing :rolleyes:

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developer
  • 3,062 posts
The first error is the cause of the subsequent errors: it still cannot find the XP source. It needs to know this to determine which hotfixes are needed. Either you do not have the XP CD in the drive, or I did not properly fix that bug. If the CD is in the drive and you still get the error, select File and Drive Settings - XP Source Path and enter the CD drive letter, followed by a colon (e.g. E:). That should work, but does not fix the bug ...

MaaR

MaaR

Junior

• Pip
  • 63 posts
The system cannot findthe batch label specified - FINDBOOTCD

If the CD is in the drive and you still get the error, select File and Drive Settings - XP Source Path and enter the CD drive letter, followed by a colon (e.g. E:). That should work, but does not fix the bug ...

Doesn't work!
can I write "cdroot" for xpsource ?

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developer
  • 3,062 posts
No, don't use CDROOT for source. Delete your XPCREATE.INI file, update via the Web, and try again please ... I think I got it ...

MaaR

MaaR

Junior

• Pip
  • 63 posts
why not? why should it look for cdrom every time? I don't get it :rolleyes:
actualy my cdrom went dead for a while :D

-- 0:16:13 --> Update exists: MDAC\Q823718_MDAC_SecurityPatch.exe
-- 0:16:13 --> Downloading: ROHF1\WindowsXP-KB817778-x86-ENU.exe
-- 0:17:05 --> Downloading: Download List.

seems working :)

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developer
  • 3,062 posts
It will look for a CD everytime, until you tell it to look elsewhere. If you Extract Source to HDD, it will update the ini file to tell it to find the source there. It does not automatically do this to allow you to use different CDs. If the source has not been copied to HDD, and the CD is dead, we have a problem ... I need the source to find out the version in use - Home/Pro RTM/SP1

Don't use CDROOT because that is where the resulting CD is. Some of these operations are one shot deals, and should not be run a second time on the same files.

shareef59

shareef59

• PipPip
  • 209 posts
@GreenMachine

Fantastic peice of work!!! So happy to see that XPCREATE is heading towards the "perfect" solution.

I have been trying out a few things and I came across this :

---> Compress the inf File.
---> Update the DOSNET.INF file
---> Create the RunOnceEx Registry Entries.
---> The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
---> Create the CleanUp Routine

I am concerned about the line in "bold" above. I suspect its something that I must have done wrong rather than a bug. Can you please confirm, if possible?

Again many thanks for a wonderful program!

:)
Read the rules.

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developer
  • 3,062 posts
@shareef59: Yes, that worries me, too. Could you zip and attach these files to your next post so I can take a look: ROCLEAN.CMD, RUNONCE.CMD, and XPCREATE.LOG. Do you have anything special in the RO* directories? You said trying a few things: does this happen every time? Did the ISO install without an error? Did it do the RunOnce updates? ... Give me something to go on!

Thanks - we are getting to the "perfect solution" !

shareef59

shareef59

• PipPip
  • 209 posts
@GreenMachine

Being a "tidy" freak, I deleted all the files before seeing your post! :)

I am going to try and recreate the issue again and this time keep the files etc and attach them to my next post and provide you with as much details as possible.
Read the rules.

MaaR

MaaR

Junior

• Pip
  • 63 posts

Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested page. The Windows Update servers are temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

So I couldnt check for missing updates :)
817778 not installed... (not listed /l )
826924 installed fine, saw by myself. ISO install without an error.
CMDLINES/Makeuser - din't work,
CMDLREG/regtweaks.reg, *.cmd - din't work

czaja74

czaja74

• PipPip
  • 109 posts
I had exactly the same issue. I still have a files so if this ok you can have a look.

Attached Files

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developer
  • 3,062 posts
@shareef59: I understand the tidy - that's why I seperate NEWFILES and TEMP. NEWFILES should not be that big, so I keep it around a bit. TEMP is only worth keeping in extreme cases. Anyway, any debug info is a help.

@MaaR: If you have these files in NEWFILES, please zip and attach them to your next post: CMDLINES.TXT, MAKEUSER.CMD, ROCLEAN.CMD, RUNONCE.CMD, XPCREATE.LOG.

Thanks for all your help. I'll be low key for the next couple days, but will be checking in regularly. This is a generic disclaimer for any drunken posts that may occour over the next 48 hours ...

HAPPY NEW YEAR !

MaaR

MaaR

Junior

• Pip
  • 63 posts
HAPPY NEW YEAR !

these files wasn't in NEWFILES...
here's the log:

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

ineXPlicable

• Developer
  • 3,062 posts
You should have those files, unless you chose slipstream only - in which case you are experiencing design by behaviour ... I also noted some files that I did not have. I'll look into it later ... Thanks for the log

Lost Soul

Lost Soul

Snap ... Crackle ... Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts
@GreenMachine

if i wanted to add a program that dosnt need to be instaled just placed in my Program Files directory on my pc,, how would i do that . would i just place it in my FILESCD\$OEM$\$Progs folder,, let me know what ya think..

for an example of the program its called
FreeRAM XP Pro 1.40.exe
plus i also wanna put a back ground in my msn messenger folder which cannot be instaled either it must be placed

let me know if i have the right ideal on how to place these files in the Program Files directory..

This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But, it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

- Winston Churchill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN