Differences between SP0+SP2 & SP0+SP1+SP2...

Cor'e =)

This is just a factual analysis of the question of what happens when service packs are integrated (slip streamed) in succession on top of each other or the latest SP alone is integrated.

I can start by saying there are differences, and here they are; but i do not know what the ramifications are of these differences.

Windows XP Pro x32(SP0 OEM)+SP2 vs. +SP1+SP2:

post-133689-1240173630_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cor'e =)

As you probably know, each new SP version contains all hotfixes of the previously released ones.

So why don't you just integrate the latest SP version SP3 into your XP SP0 CD?

What is the reason for trying to integrate SP1+SP2?

Thank you Fernando for your interest in my post.

Your 1st question is quite factually contained in the series of posts i have made here and here: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...1&st=0& , but you'll have to determine for yourself if "...each new SP version contains all hotfixes of the previously released ones", as i'm not yet qualified to factually answer that statement as true or false or maybe. That is what my posts may help anyone to understand for themselves.

Your 2nd question, why don't i integrate SP0+SP3, is easy to answer: i have done so, and i furthermore, i recommend this link to others who would and are still debating this and would like to know M$'s answer on this subject: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums...9-1da340da02f2/ (Chris Keroack - M$ Release Manager for M$ Windows XP Service Pack 3 says that it is tested, approved, & supported by M$ to integrate SP3 with SP0 on a network share).

Your 3rd question is academic, i'm doing it to know the result of doing it. =)

Thanks again for your years of Forum support here!!

Edited by Cor'e =)