Driverpacks acting up (setupORG.exe errors etc.)

My Windows UA boots to BartPE, partitions my HDD, copies files to my system partition, then reboots to continue installing windows unattended. The problem I am experiencing comes AFTER partitioning is complete, AFTER windows files are copied to the system partition, AFTER the system reboots, after the Blue "Windows XP Pro Setup" screen begins copying files. Files start copying until we get to the Driverpack files. Setuporg.exe won't copy. I tried using the expand method described on MSFN UACD guide...btu then I just get copy errors from other files. I know this problem is with DriverPacks...but I don't know what I'm doing differently from the last time I successfully created a UA disc...

I've used DriverPacks to integrate all driverpacks for my XP unattended CD (including txt mode sata drivers). I also used driverpacks to integrate txt mode sata drivers into BartPE. I tried redownloading the drivers, re-integrating the drivers in both my BartPE and my UA XP disc.

:huh:

I've spent over 10 hours on this issue now...partly because my DVD drive was intermittently failing :realmad: . I've broken down and added 2 lines in my bartpe autorun script to automatically copy setuporg.exe and presetup.cmd to the i386 folder. I have not seen the additional files missing errors I had originally received, and the manual copy seems to work...but WHY did I not have to do that the first time??? The only significant difference between this build and my working build is that I used the black background and windows 2000 setup style tweaks under nLite's "Tweaks" component.

Now I'm having ANOTHER wild error (still related to WinXP unattended Setup). While running my autorun_1.cmd script in BartPE, Diskpart is not creating a 25007 partition...but it will create a 10000 partition just fine (based on my old disc's success). All of my diskpart text files between my working versionn and my new malfunctioning version are the same!! Diskpart WILL create a 25007 partition on 50% of the computers I've tried if I DBAN first...but it will never work if I don't DBAN. Diskpart shouldn't have these limitations...Any ideas?

• 1 month later...

Hey it's been a while but I figured out what was wrong.

Apparently, the first time I successfully integrated drivers without copying files during partitioning...I had already nested my windows XP folder within the BartPE before running DriverPack. Since I ran DriverPack before putting xp files in my BartPE directory this time I had to manually add setuporg.exe and presetup.cmd to the txtsetup.sif in the BartPE I386 folder as well as the XP i386 folder.

Duh. :rolleyes:

Edited by mrquincy