Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

This installs FROM, not "ON"

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Keny

Keny
  • 4 posts
Hello, I'm trying to install winxp on a usb stick with your program. Everything is working smoothly, booting is fine, but after my stick is recognise and the setup wants to copy files it gives me the following error : "Cannot create \WINDOWS. Setup cannot continue". Can you help me please?

Here is the log file(I removed some of the lines, the ones where it just says what files are copied, because the log is to big). Maybe I should create the "WINDOWS" folder into the stick manually?.

Attached Files

Edited by Keny, 27 April 2009 - 08:18 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

ilko_t

ilko_t

MSFN Addict

• Super Moderator
  • 1,722 posts
What machine did you boot the USB stick on? How did you select to boot off the USB device- an option in BIOS or F12,Esc or similar key during POST?

Install Windows from USB, boot Linux, multiboot and a lot more with WinSetupFromUSB

Keny

Keny
  • 4 posts
Its a HP Compaq core 2 duo(desktop) and I selected boot option by entering bios(with F10), and change boot order. Also removed(psihically) the SATA HDD I have so it wont interfere. Problem is....the same error I have at home on another machine. Both USB stick were made on the machines I tried to boot. I'm doing something wrong prolly, just cant figure it out what it is, followed all steps.

ilko_t

ilko_t

MSFN Addict

• Super Moderator
  • 1,722 posts
Do you install on a SATA hard disks in both occasions?
You mentioned that you have disconnected a SATA disk, where did you install to then?

Try to slipstream BTS mass storage drivers in your source and rebuild the stick. Here is a similar thread:
http://www.msfn.org/...howtopic=128718

Install Windows from USB, boot Linux, multiboot and a lot more with WinSetupFromUSB

Keny

Keny
  • 4 posts
Umm....I think I.......am....stupid and just realised how :). I wanted to install a full version of winxp on a USB stick.

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 14,385 posts

Umm....I think I.......am....stupid and just realised how :). I wanted to install a full version of winxp on a USB stick.

Read here then:
http://www.911cd.net...showtopic=22917

Links to "Full XP on USB" in second part of my post:
http://www.911cd.net...o...=22917&st=1

jaclaz

Keny

Keny
  • 4 posts
Thanks, and sorry for the miss-posts:).

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder