Welcome to MSFN

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Keny

This installs FROM, not "ON"

8 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm trying to install winxp on a usb stick with your program. Everything is working smoothly, booting is fine, but after my stick is recognise and the setup wants to copy files it gives me the following error : "Cannot create \WINDOWS. Setup cannot continue". Can you help me please?

Here is the log file(I removed some of the lines, the ones where it just says what files are copied, because the log is to big). Maybe I should create the "WINDOWS" folder into the stick manually?.

WinSetupFromUSB.txt

Edited by Keny

What machine did you boot the USB stick on? How did you select to boot off the USB device- an option in BIOS or F12,Esc or similar key during POST?

Its a HP Compaq core 2 duo(desktop) and I selected boot option by entering bios(with F10), and change boot order. Also removed(psihically) the SATA HDD I have so it wont interfere. Problem is....the same error I have at home on another machine. Both USB stick were made on the machines I tried to boot. I'm doing something wrong prolly, just cant figure it out what it is, followed all steps.

Do you install on a SATA hard disks in both occasions?

You mentioned that you have disconnected a SATA disk, where did you install to then?

Try to slipstream BTS mass storage drivers in your source and rebuild the stick. Here is a similar thread:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=128718

Umm....I think I.......am....stupid and just realised how :). I wanted to install a full version of winxp on a USB stick.

Thanks, and sorry for the miss-posts:).

Thanks, and sorry for the miss-posts:).

No prob. :)

jaclaz