How to splistream Office 2007 SP2 into Office 2007 w/o SP1?

ImpetuousRacer

I have Office 2007 Enterprise without SP1.

I have downloaded the SP2 file, extracted the MSP files, and placed in the Updates folder.

However, I cannot find out if SP2 includes SP1, or if I need SP2 & SP1 MSP files in the updates folder. Or, does it not work unless I have a SP1 Office 2007 CD?

Also, after SP2 install, is there a list of other updates that are still needed that I should include? Thanks for the help.

Edited by ImpetuousRacer

I think the update is cumulative.

Which means all you need to do is to extract SP2 into the updates folder.

Actually, if you extract the Office 2007 SP2 .msp files into the "Updates" folder on the DVD, they should overwrite the preexisting SP1 files. If not, remove all files and copy only the new SP2 files into the folder, burn to DVD, and the SP2 bits will be applied at the end of the Office 2007 installation. Best of luck to you.

Actually, if you extract the Office 2007 SP2 .msp files into the "Updates" folder on the DVD, they should overwrite the preexisting SP1 files. If not, remove all files and copy only the new SP2 files into the folder, burn to DVD, and the SP2 bits will be applied at the end of the Office 2007 installation. Best of luck to you.

Actually, the file names are different. For SP1, the are of the sort *sp1.msp. For SP2, then are *sp2.msp.

But you are correct. Just delete all files in Updates folder and copy the extracted SP2 files.

The download states:

* Previously unreleased fixes that were made specifically for this service pack.
o In addition to general product fixes, this includes improvements in stability, performance, and security.
o You can find out more information in Knowledge Base Article 953195, where product-specific changes are described.
* All of the Public Updates, Security Updates, Cumulative Updates, and Hotfixes released through February 2009.

Source:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=B444BF18-79EA-46C6-8A81-9DB49B4AB6E5&displaylang=en

Almost positive from the lingo that SP2 includes SP1. So you should be good to go with your

"I have downloaded the SP2 file, extracted the MSP files, and placed in the Updates folder."

If you want a perfect up to date CD you would need to track down the post February updates!

Edited by leadboots5