Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Add ons for right click MY Computer

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

Octopuss

Octopuss

I am the walrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Donator

Hm, in my case Device manager is before Add/remove programs even though the keys are named just like that in the registry already, so I really have no idea how it works.

Or actually now that I look at it the order seems to be descending, which really makes no sense at all.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,888 posts
Device manager was a direct call
correct it by doing this

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\DevMgr]
@=""
"Icon"="devmgr.dll,-201"
"Position"="Bottom"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\DevMgr\command]
@="control hdwwiz.cpl"

If you change all from "Position"="Bottom" to "Position"="Top" then all is at top of list

EDIT : Weird just notice that they are sorting up

Attached Files

• Attached File  top.png   28.75KB   2 downloads

Edited by maxXPsoft, 04 August 2011 - 10:27 AM.

Download ++> Windows 7 + 8 Unattended DVD + App Installer + Services Disabler + Load All Button + XML Creator
Jump2Reg - Registry: - Oct 4, 2013 - Version 3.0.4 - 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP, VISTA, Seven, Windows 8+ and 32 or 64 bit

XP Unattended CD/DVD creator - Version 4.1.7
Sample xml + Setupcomplete + Add Right click .wim Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1

Octopuss

Octopuss

I am the walrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Donator

Yeah I tried to name the keys like 01devmgmt, 02eventviewer etc., but the **** things are still sorting up the way they want.

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,888 posts
http://msdn.microsof...171(VS.85).aspx is how I created my right click .wim
It explains how this is sorted down about Specifying the Position and Order of Static Verbs
Download ++> Windows 7 + 8 Unattended DVD + App Installer + Services Disabler + Load All Button + XML Creator
Jump2Reg - Registry: - Oct 4, 2013 - Version 3.0.4 - 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP, VISTA, Seven, Windows 8+ and 32 or 64 bit

Octopuss

Octopuss

I am the walrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Donator

Ouch, that is a bit too complicated for my skills I'm afraid. The key thing seems to be the MUIVerb item though. But do I need to use the subcommands key as well? I am really quite lost in this, although I feel it's no rocket science.

Should it look anything like this? (blind shot really)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

;My Computer context menu
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WIM_Software\Classes\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\shell]
 "SubCommands"="Add/Remove Programs;Device Manager"

;Add Event viewer
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WIM_Software\Classes\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\shell\Add/Remove Programs]
"MUIVerb"="Add/Remove Programs"
"Icon"="imageres.dll,-161"
"Position"="Top"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WIM_Software\Classes\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\shell\Add/Remove Programs\command]
@="control.exe appwiz.cpl"

;Adds Device Manager
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WIM_Software\Classes\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\shell\Device Manager]
MUIVerb="Device Manager"
"Icon"="shell32.dll,-13"
"Position"="Top"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\WIM_Software\Classes\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\shell\Device Manager\command]
@="mmc.exe /s devmgmt.msc"

edit: I just tried it on my hope PC and what the hell... All the stuff was actually added to some weird key called wow6432node! It's getting worse and worse.
(I edited the keys for use on already system of course)

(edit2: Solved! After a bit of hopeless googling, I found this:
On 64-bit Windows the local machine software registry "HKLM\Software" is only supposed to contain registry keys for 64-bit EXEs. 32-bit EXEs store their data in HKLM\Software\Wow3264Node. This storage scheme is enforced by the Windows kernel – when a 32-bit EXE writes to "HKLM\Software" the operations are redirected to "HKLM\Software\Wow3264Node"

... after reading it 3 times I realized it was the **** Total Commander, which I am using all the time. Bloody 32bit application... I feel enlightened.
My previous question still remaisn though :P)

Edited by TheWalrus, 05 August 2011 - 02:18 PM.

Octopuss

Octopuss

I am the walrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Donator

I googled like mad and still no results :( Maybe it's not possible to sort the "root" my computer menu?

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,888 posts
Think you better off place them on background like this. http://www.msfn.org/...post__p__894130
Background meaning any white space in any folder, desktop
Those are not 64 or 32 specific

Those keys HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT are mirrored here so can be added there
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Directory\Background\shell

Octopuss

Octopuss

I am the walrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Donator

I guess that is an option. But I would like to avoid it if possible, because I am bloody sure it would cause a mess if users have those items at hand. Noone rclicks on my computer, but there are certain nosy guys who could screw a machine up digging into services and stuff. Unfortunately there are local admin rights set. Don't ask me why, I disagreeed from the first moment I found about it. Basically I want to have them easily available when I am fixing something remotely, because the connection is pretty slow and getting through lots of menus is pain in the behind.

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,888 posts
True, most don't do that, last place I worked was an Admin and all others was just users.

Octopuss

Octopuss

I am the walrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Donator

So can you think of a way to sort this particular menu? Is the code I pasted wrong?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN