Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

[Request] oscdimg.exe commandline help

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

ricktendo

ricktendo

Group: Banned Members

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts
  • Joined 06-June 06
Hya after I use WAIK I would like to create a iso same as the original Windows 7 one (don't want to depend anymore on vLite for this only and final step)

Here is what I am using:

oscdimg -n -d -m -lGRC1CULFRER_EN_DVD -b"%Programfiles%\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\x86\boot\etfsboot.com" c:\se7en c:\win7.iso

Here is the error I get:

Posted Image

Yes bootmgr is located in the root of the iso, what am I doing wrong?

Edited by ricktendo64, 30 April 2009 - 11:59 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Skauneboy

Skauneboy
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 17-January 08
I'm not sure what's wrong because I've always used UDF but here's what's working for me:

oscdimg -u2 -m -h -b"E:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\amd64\boot\etfsboot.com" G:\DVD G:\ISO\win7_x64.iso -lGRC1CULXFRER_EN_DVD
Obviously, that's for a x64 version.

Edited by Skauneboy, 30 April 2009 - 04:24 PM.

ricktendo

ricktendo

Group: Banned Members

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,309 posts
  • Joined 06-June 06
ty that did the trick

Adios! vLite dont need it anymore

nemoi

nemoi
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 01-November 09
When I create my ISO with oscdimg I lose an option "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD ..." which is present on an original disk.
I use oscdimg.exe -d -lGRMCENVOL_EN_DVD -n -m -b"%Programfiles%\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\x86\boot\etfsboot.com" D:\WINDOWS7\DVD7 D:\WINDOWS7\ISO7\Windows7_x32_Ent.iso

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 14,584 posts
  • Joined 23-July 04

When I create my ISO with oscdimg I lose an option "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD ..." which is present on an original disk.
I use oscdimg.exe -d -lGRMCENVOL_EN_DVD -n -m -b"%Programfiles%\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\x86\boot\etfsboot.com" D:\WINDOWS7\DVD7 D:\WINDOWS7\ISO7\Windows7_x32_Ent.iso

Do you have a bootfix.bin file?

jaclaz

dridzz

dridzz

• 41 posts
  • Joined 07-June 08
what did u use to remove components ?

nemoi

nemoi
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 01-November 09
I have bootfix.bin file in cdroot\boot folder as well as on the original DVD. I have simply copied 7DVD's content to my hard disk without any changes and I have created at once an ISO from them for the check.

There can be a problem in oscdimg's wrong or missing switches which I use ?

MAVERICKS CHOICE

MAVERICKS CHOICE

The Guy from Aus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts
  • Joined 14-November 03

I notice the same issue only when testing in a virtual environment. Live install no problems.

nemoi

nemoi
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 01-November 09

I notice the same issue only when testing in a virtual environment. Live install no problems.

Many thanks, I will test it.

Hi to all and MAVERICKS CHOICE , live installs have the same issue ???

Edited by nemoi, 16 November 2009 - 01:23 PM.

steve6375

steve6375

Junior

• Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Joined 25-November 04
I noticed a similar thing. If you use oscdimg to make a Win 7 ISO using -m -n -h and then boot the ISO using grub4dos, grub4dos cannot see the bootmgr file and an ls of the contents just shows README.TXT which says it contains a UDF filesystem. grub4dos cannot read it.
If however, you use the -u1 switch with oscdimg to prepare the iso file, grub4dos can read it but the filenames are in capitals.

You can now boot using either

chainloader (0xff) - which prompts you to press a key to boot from CD
OR
chainloader (0xff)/BOOTMGR - which does not prompt you to press a key and just boots immediately

Visit www.rmprepusb.com for RMPrepUSB, the new Easy2Boot multiboot USB solution and 100+ tutorials on booting from USB drives.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users