Welcome to MSFN

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ricktendo

[Request] oscdimg.exe commandline help

10 posts in this topic

Hya after I use WAIK I would like to create a iso same as the original Windows 7 one (don't want to depend anymore on vLite for this only and final step)

Here is what I am using:

oscdimg -n -d -m -lGRC1CULFRER_EN_DVD -b"%Programfiles%\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\x86\boot\etfsboot.com" c:\se7en c:\win7.iso

Here is the error I get:

windowsvista20090430114.png

Yes bootmgr is located in the root of the iso, what am I doing wrong?

Edited by ricktendo64

I'm not sure what's wrong because I've always used UDF but here's what's working for me:

oscdimg -u2 -m -h -b"E:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\amd64\boot\etfsboot.com" G:\DVD G:\ISO\win7_x64.iso -lGRC1CULXFRER_EN_DVD

Obviously, that's for a x64 version.

Edited by Skauneboy

ty that did the trick

Adios! vLite dont need it anymore

When I create my ISO with oscdimg I lose an option "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD ..." which is present on an original disk.

I use oscdimg.exe -d -lGRMCENVOL_EN_DVD -n -m -b"%Programfiles%\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\x86\boot\etfsboot.com" D:\WINDOWS7\DVD7 D:\WINDOWS7\ISO7\Windows7_x32_Ent.iso

When I create my ISO with oscdimg I lose an option "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD ..." which is present on an original disk.

I use oscdimg.exe -d -lGRMCENVOL_EN_DVD -n -m -b"%Programfiles%\Windows AIK\Tools\PETools\x86\boot\etfsboot.com" D:\WINDOWS7\DVD7 D:\WINDOWS7\ISO7\Windows7_x32_Ent.iso

Do you have a bootfix.bin file?

jaclaz

I have bootfix.bin file in cdroot\boot folder as well as on the original DVD. I have simply copied 7DVD's content to my hard disk without any changes and I have created at once an ISO from them for the check.

There can be a problem in oscdimg's wrong or missing switches which I use ?

I notice the same issue only when testing in a virtual environment. Live install no problems.

I notice the same issue only when testing in a virtual environment. Live install no problems.

Many thanks, I will test it.

Hi to all and MAVERICKS CHOICE , live installs have the same issue ???

Edited by nemoi

I noticed a similar thing. If you use oscdimg to make a Win 7 ISO using -m -n -h and then boot the ISO using grub4dos, grub4dos cannot see the bootmgr file and an ls of the contents just shows README.TXT which says it contains a UDF filesystem. grub4dos cannot read it.

If however, you use the -u1 switch with oscdimg to prepare the iso file, grub4dos can read it but the filenames are in capitals.

You can now boot using either

chainloader (0xff) - which prompts you to press a key to boot from CD

OR

chainloader (0xff)/BOOTMGR - which does not prompt you to press a key and just boots immediately