some ideas and enhancements

cteaser

hi all!

first of all, nlite works great and i managed to reach like 99% of what I consider as perfect windows installation (Previously I used xplite and finally decided to give nlite another try). Here are some notes about my current experience.

What I cound not achieve:

- disable "remember each folder's view settings" in exporer's "folder options"

- disable page file

- set keyboard "repeat delay"

What seems odd:

- the file "Show Desktop.scf" got lost, I had to restore it

What I would see as an improvement:

- non delta opearton

delta operation possilby saves some time, but it restricts possibilities and makes nlite less intuitive (i.e. I would prefer not to directly modify the source directory)

- extended config file

the file would be more readable and useful if specific options would have a switch instead of being removed. (i.e. instead of having or not having "Games" in section "[Components]" I would prefer an entry like "Games Remove" or "Games Keep") Such file could be easier compared and checked, it would list "all" options.

thanks to nuhi and all contributors,

cteaser

• 2 months later...

bump ;-)

no comments or hints?

i just thought about doing the last tiny refinements of my nlite xp so any input about the problems i encountered is welcome (attached my current config).

thx, chris

LAST_SESSION.INI

Edited by cteaser

I am aware of this sad fact.

what I am takling about here are the remaining issues I listed. they could possibly be solved by altering the ("pretty vast") configuration or someone could say: this issue works for me.

regards,

chris

I just noticed 12 downloads of my config file.

If someone is interested in all "design facts" and more PM me or write to my dedicated account.

windowcleaner04@gmail.com

I would be happy to share experience get feedback and discuss details.

(talking about experience: when testing the nlite setup called tinyXP done by a person who uses "experience" as avatar I found it pretty much broken. I consider my setup "a little bit better")

Edited by cteaser