This beta is the first (almost) feature complete release that includes almost everything XPize 4.7 does with a few notable exceptions (but there are a few things in this release that aren't in 4.7). There's also a large chunk that's missing from the final release later this spring or summer:
- Missing from this release that was in XPize 4.7
- WinRAR and eMule application skins
- Some visual styles (but Royale and "Luna Royale" are included in this one)
- Updated file type icons for mp3s, pdfs, etc
- I386 patching
- Uninstalling (sorry!)
- New in this release
- Widescreen boot screen option (currently buggy though)
- Changes to the logon screen environment
- 30% faster than XIS installer with 100% managed code base (GPL too!)
- SP3 UxTheme support
- Missing from this release that will be in the final
- Everything that was in 4.7 but currently missing (i.e. see above)
- IE8 resources
- Luna Element and Luna Blue resources
- Luna Element (and possibly Watercolor Emico) visual styles
- x64 support (that includes full NT5.2 support)
- Fully skinned and customized all-in-one installer.
- I386 patching
I've also made a youtube video showing how relatively painless the installation process is. Here:
Also, news on the Vize front: whilst I have three Windows Server 2008 x64 boxes churning away (one of which serves the xpize and Vize websites) I don't have any non-VM Vista environments to develop Vize 2 against. If anyone would like to assist me with developing Vize it would be greatly appreciated.
Edited by W3bbo, 04 May 2009 - 06:38 PM.