Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Windows 7 "Keep" List

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

liquid0624

liquid0624

• PipPip
  • 156 posts
installed a untouched copy of 7201 and tweaked all the services and stuff removed unwanted features, and everything works great including the power options. So its something vlite is removing but i don't think it has to do with services as of now. I wonder if i need to protect some sort of file or files to make the power options work with vlite?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Jeronimo

Jeronimo

vLite user

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
Power options work as they should with my preset on build 7137.

I did encounter 1 additional issue and that is that I can not dismount my external HD from explorer (option not shown for the HD) or from the system tray icon (shows Open devices and printers as well as ..., but I can not remove the drive safely).

Intelmaster

Intelmaster

• 16 posts
Is there a win6x_registry_tweak_bin_v1.1 for X64 Systems.. If i write the path from the install.wim in the Script they did not find the install.wim. and the cmd crashes :-(

dead0

dead0

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Is there a win6x_registry_tweak_bin_v1.1 for X64 Systems.. If i write the path from the install.wim in the Script they did not find the install.wim. and the cmd crashes :-(

did you first mount the install.wim with imagex? you still need to have waik 1.1 installed! see this thread on removing packages: http://www.msfn.org/...opic=104130&hl=

liquid0624

liquid0624

• PipPip
  • 156 posts
I cant figure out this power options thing for the life of me its driving me nuts its something vlite is doing for sure tried and install with just languages and drivers removed nothing else and it still does it only way so far i made it work was using the original ISO so its gotta be some file vlite is removing.
:realmad:

Bilar Crais

Bilar Crais

• PipPip
  • 264 posts

I cant figure out this power options thing for the life of me its driving me nuts its something vlite is doing for sure tried and install with just languages and drivers removed nothing else and it still does it only way so far i made it work was using the original ISO so its gotta be some file vlite is removing.

The same here - I did a disk that was very minimal as far as what I took out - the same profile I've used on numerous other builds, but still screwed up. I even refrained from setting power profile settings in the vLite tweaks, but it didn't matter.
Biostar A770E3 | AMD Phenom II X4 945 | 4gb WINTEC AMPX 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 | Antec SLK3700-BQE | Zotac (Fermi) Zone Edition GT 430 | ATI RW | W7sp1x64 | (2) DMax 10 6L200SO SATA 7200rpm Striped

aviv00

aviv00

Windowaizer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts
if nuhi will back he will set vlite good at no time thx u guys :D

liquid0624

liquid0624

• PipPip
  • 156 posts
I am still going nuts trying to figure the power options out i hope this change is just a bug of somesort and will be corrected in next build

darklocust

darklocust

• 13 posts
i got the same blank power options with 7201... don't know whats causing it.

here's the INI i used

; vLite preset file
;
;#Environment:
; vLite v1.2
; Framework 2.0.50727.4903
; Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7048.0 64-bit
;
;#Target:
; Windows 7 ULTIMATE 64-bit 
; Version 6.1 English (United States)
;
[Compatibility]

[CustomHide]

[Components]
;# Accessories #
Accessibility
Games-Inbox Games
Games-Premium Inbox Games
Mobility Center
Paint
Snipping Tool
Speech Support
Welcome Center
Wordpad
;# Drivers #
Diva Server
Modems
Printers-Generic printer
QLogic Fibre Channel Adapter
Scanners
Storage controllers-Adaptec
Storage controllers-Elxstor
Storage controllers-IBM ServeRAID
Storage controllers-ICP vortex
Storage controllers-Intel (Matrix)
Storage controllers-nVidia
Storage controllers-SiS
Storage controllers-Via
TV Tuners-ADS Technologies
TV Tuners-ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
TV Tuners-AVerMedia Technologies, Inc.
TV Tuners-Compro Technology Inc.
TV Tuners-Conexant Systems, Inc.
TV Tuners-Creatix
TV Tuners-Hauppauge
TV Tuners-KNC ONE GmbH
TV Tuners-KWorld
TV Tuners-Lumanate, Inc.
TV Tuners-Philips Semiconductors
TV Tuners-Pinnacle Systems
TV Tuners-TerraTec Electronic GmbH
TV Tuners-VidzMedia Pte Ltd.
;# Hardware Support #
Dynamic Volume Manager
Fax Support
Floppy Disk Support
Infrared Support
Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI)
Microsoft Multi-Path Bus
Modem Support
Smartcards
Windows HotStart
Windows Image Acquisition
Windows Portable Devices
;# Languages #
Arabic
Brazillian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Czech
Danish
Dutch
Estonian
Finnish
French
German
Greek
Hebrew
Hungarian
Italian
Japanese
Korean
Latvian
Lithuanian
Norwegian
Polish
Portuguese
Romanian
Russian
Serbian
Simplified Chinese
Slovak
Slovenian
Spanish
Swedish
Table Driven Text Input Processor
Thai
Traditional Chinese
Turkish
Ukrainian
;# Multimedia #
Media Center
Music and Video samples
Sample Pictures
Screensavers
Sound Recorder
;# Network #
Internet Information Services (IIS)
Windows Mail
;# System #
Beep
BitLocker Drive Encryption
Help
Natural Language
Tablet PC
Windows Defender
Windows Easy Transfer
Zip Folder

[Options]
DEP (Data Execution Prevention) = Default
User Account Control (UAC) = Disabled
AntiSpyware Realtime Protection = Default
AutoPlay = Disabled
Paging Executive = Disabled
Power scheme = High performance
Power button = Shutdown
Sleep button = Sleep
Control Panel - Classic View = Enabled
Show hidden files and folders = Yes
Show protected operating system files = Yes
Show extensions for known file types = Yes
IE Phishing Filter = Enabled
IE Phishing Verification Ballon Tips = Enabled

[Services]

[Protection]

[Drivers]

[Unattended]

[Hotfixes]

[LanguagePacks]

Edited by darklocust, 08 June 2009 - 02:34 PM.

dead0

dead0

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

I am still going nuts trying to figure the power options out i hope this change is just a bug of somesort and will be corrected in next build

it could just be a x64 bug as i never encountered any problems?

FridgeTooFar

FridgeTooFar

p***ed Off

• 47 posts
Do not remove drivers or hardware support of any type that could be the problem with power.
---Quick grab a plunger, shes a rising like the mighty Mississip!

liquid0624

liquid0624

• PipPip
  • 156 posts
i tried that and removing absolutely nothing and no tweaks or service changes :angry:

suryad

suryad

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

So now the Sticky Notes are working like it should. But Snipping Tool in Windows 7 doesn't work though, but that's fine because i don't need that program. It just says it need the MAGNIFICATION.dll file to work.

Snipping tool needs protect on: windows\system32\Magnification.dll & windows\system32\msdrm.dll (can be re-added manually later post-install)

Can anyone hook me up with the Magnification.dll please?

dead0

dead0

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

So now the Sticky Notes are working like it should. But Snipping Tool in Windows 7 doesn't work though, but that's fine because i don't need that program. It just says it need the MAGNIFICATION.dll file to work.

Snipping tool needs protect on: windows\system32\Magnification.dll & windows\system32\msdrm.dll (can be re-added manually later post-install)

Can anyone hook me up with the Magnification.dll please?

u should be able to find that file in your original install.wim?

suryad

suryad

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

The same here - I did a disk that was very minimal as far as what I took out - the same profile I've used on numerous other builds, but still screwed up. I even refrained from setting power profile settings in the vLite tweaks, but it didn't matter.

u should be able to find that file in your original install.wim?

I am running 7229 and I used a profile quite unlike yours and everything works for me except for the Snipping tool because I did not protect the Magnification.dll. Will it start working if I just put the dll back in? I got a hold of the dll but is there anything else that needs to be done? Just slapping that badboy under windows/system32 should do the trick?

Also my power options work just fine.

Edited by suryad, 13 June 2009 - 11:23 AM.

dead0

dead0

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

I am running 7229 and I used a profile quite unlike yours and everything works for me except for the Snipping tool because I did not protect the Magnification.dll. Will it start working if I just put the dll back in? I got a hold of the dll but is there anything else that needs to be done? Just slapping that badboy under windows/system32 should do the trick?

slap it in & see how it goes! normally, i just try & remove as much as i can including the snipping tool! :P

suryad

suryad

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

slap it in & see how it goes! normally, i just try & remove as much as i can including the snipping tool! :P

haha yeah you guys are way hardcore than I am :thumbup :whistle:

I dont think slapping in the dll will fix it. But it is no big deal. I actually like to have most of the OS features available except for the ones I have absolutely no use for or softwares I will use to replace what I took out anyway.

dead0

dead0

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

I dont think slapping in the dll will fix it. But it is no big deal. I actually like to have most of the OS features available except for the ones I have absolutely no use for or softwares I will use to replace what I took out anyway.

i aint that much! :P if i could get the install size down to under 3gb then i might think about goin 64bit! :whistle:

ps i think i may have it working now....? gonna do a test install...

Edited by dead0, 13 June 2009 - 11:49 AM.

suryad

suryad

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

i aint that much! :P if i could get the install size down to under 3gb then i might think about goin 64bit! :whistle:

When you say get the install size under 3 gb...you mean the size of the windows folder after installation on your disk?! Thats nuts! I think mine was at 11 gb or something like that...but now its at 40 after I just installed some software! I wonder what the heck is going on lol!

dead0

dead0

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

When you say get the install size under 3 gb...you mean the size of the windows folder after installation on your disk?! Thats nuts! I think mine was at 11 gb or something like that...but now its at 40 after I just installed some software! I wonder what the heck is going on lol!

heres hoping?! i managed to get the 32bit version to just under 3gb! :D
that could be due to your winsxs folder increasing in size due to windows keeping backups of all the dlls that your software may have replaced?

suryad

suryad

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
Actually it only 7 gb not 40 gb

WiCiO

WiCiO

• 40 posts
anybody got a solution how to set up power options?
i also have an empty page and it's annoying when the pc turns it self off after a while..
how to set it up? registry? 3rd party prog?

dead0

dead0

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

anybody got a solution how to set up power options?
i also have an empty page and it's annoying when the pc turns it self off after a while..
how to set it up? registry? 3rd party prog?

in vlite, under tweaks > system, did you change anything? i usually have power button=shutdown, power scheme=balanced, sleep button=do nothing...?

WiCiO

WiCiO

• 40 posts
nope, i only did 'Components'.. i removed only few options from the 'SAFE TO DELETE' section at first page of this topic.
Posted Image
i just want to disable going to sleep after idle and set the time to turn off monitor..

dead0

dead0

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 488 posts

nope, i only did 'Components'.. i removed only few options from the 'SAFE TO DELETE' section at first page of this topic.
Posted Image
i just want to disable going to sleep after idle and set the time to turn off monitor..

if you are using buid 7201, then this could be a bug? :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN