Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

How many forums have you joined?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Aloha

Aloha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Joined 07-February 08
I would like to know of how many forums you are a member. If you can, please say a little about the forums when you vote. For example, are you an active member on all forum or just one of them? Is MSFN the first one you belong to? Any special reasons to sign up at a forum? Or anything interesting you can think of and want to share here.

I am a member here and another forum. I joined that forum a year after knowing MSFN, and I write posts there using my own language!

I don't think I am an active member on both forums. I only write posts when I need help and want to know something! I know it's not nice at all. But it seems that I am not very good at helping people. And usually, people have already got help when I read their posts. There are more and more experts these days and I have no chances! OK, enough for my post! I hope there will be replies to my topic or I'll have to ask it to be removed.

P.S. Wow, this is the most difficult topic I've ever had. It takes me too long to find appropriate words and finish it.
----------
Edit: Can someone help? I haven't done such kind of post before so it seems that something is wrong. Why can't I choose any vote? Did I miss something? Thanks for any help.
----------
Edit again: deleting some unnecessary words.
----------
Edit again: trying to fix the poll.

Edited by Aloha, 08 May 2009 - 09:15 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

DigeratiPrime

DigeratiPrime

MSFN Junkie

• Patrons
  • 3,550 posts
  • Joined 18-August 04
mmm according to my Keepass Group: over 70... :ph34r:
Recommended Software: KeePass | Microsoft ICE | VisualWget | Vitamin D Video |

Aloha

Aloha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Joined 07-February 08

mmm according to my Keepass Group: over 70

Hi DigeratiPrime,
Very interesting! Over 70 forums, then over 70 user names and passwords to log in? I guess you can't visit all your forums in a week (10 ones per day on average!), right? As for me, two are enough. Actually, I know two more forums but never join them. I've come to one just to read posts for nearly 3 years and to the another one for around 8 months just for chatting. How talkative! And when I come to one of the forums I have no time for the others.

Thanks for writing a post, DigeratiPrime.

PS. Why I still can't choose one of the votes? Is it a rule of the poll?

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,893 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

I am in the same boat as DigeratiPrime, except I don't keep track. I use the same username for all forums except for a handful that I joined over 10 years ago. I'm probably in the hundreds!
MSFN RULES | GimageX HTA for PE 3-5 | lol probloms
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

Aloha

Aloha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Joined 07-February 08
Tripredacus,
After reading your post, I type your nick on Google and press Enter! Uh oh... Here's the result:
http://www.google.co...h?q=Tripredacus
And on the first page I know two of the over hundred forums you joined. How terrible! I wonder how you can manage all of your accounts.

Edited by Aloha, 06 May 2009 - 09:05 AM.

awergh

awergh

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • Joined 02-October 05
more then 5 though less then 20 I think
msfn was the first forum I came to
im most active on MSFN and WPC

Aloha

Aloha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Joined 07-February 08
Hi Awergh,
Thank you for writing a post. Just like you, this forum was my first choice to be a member.
I never think that people join so many forums. So I feel that I made a bad poll. It's OK, however. I'll have more experiences to write such posts in the future.

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,893 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

Tripredacus,
After reading your post, I type your nick on Google and press Enter! Uh oh... Here's the result:
http://www.google.co...h?q=Tripredacus
And on the first page I know two of the over hundred forums you joined. How terrible! I wonder how you can manage all of your accounts.

Tripredacus is also a Transformers character, so you find a lot of websites about that character and its toys as well.

On page one, My influence only appears in 3 of the ten links. One is my website, one my tformers.com account page and my youtube channel. :lol:
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

Maleko

Maleko

Gold Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts
  • Joined 17-June 05
Man...way to many to remember! My username is always the same unless its stolen by someone else...ggrrr :P

Yet there are only a handful I vists regulary.
Posted Image

Aloha

Aloha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Joined 07-February 08
I am so sorry for making a big mistake on this topic.
Around two hours ago, I edited the first post and I didn't know all the votes were lost! How silly I am! I was in a hurry so I didn't turn the script on and didn't read the post again after I edited. I've asked a Mod to help with the problem. I hope something can be done.
I want to say thanks to all who read this topic and made the votes. And sorry again for the bad mistake I made.

Thunderbolt 2864

Thunderbolt 2864

• PipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • Joined 28-December 05
I've joined several computer forums and music forums, and thats about it. Don't really remember the number though.

Most of the time I use "Chrono Detector" as my username, don't know why I'm not using this name here.
PC 1: Intel Xeon E5 2687w | 32GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133Mhz | Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI | Corsair AX1200 watt Power Supply | 20x LG SATA DVD+/- RW | LG BluRay/HD DVD Combo Drive| Logitech Z-5500 5.1 speakers | 42" Toshiba 42XL700a at 1920x1080 1080p | ASRock X79 Fata1ty Champion | Aerocool Strike-X ST Black | 1x OCZ Vertex 3 240GB SSD | 1x 4TB Western Digital Hard Drive | Windows 8 x64 Pro

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,893 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

Man...way to many to remember! My username is always the same unless its stolen by someone else...ggrrr :P

Yet there are only a handful I vists regulary.

I've got a monopoly on this name, almost. You won't find any tripredacus@x.com (not x.com, that's paypal! Using an example) email addresses that are me. I never got any of those. Also I think I do not have this name on Hulu, LiveJournal and a couple other places. Or maybe I do and lost the passwords... I've made it so no one would want to pretend to be me. I'm not sure if that's something to brag about tho...
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

Sp0iLedBrAt

Sp0iLedBrAt

MSFN Addict

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,727 posts
  • Joined 19-March 09
MSFN was my first serious one, excluding a few I've joined to download something. I joined Bootland yesterday :thumbup

e-berlin

e-berlin

• 44 posts
  • Joined 06-December 08
Oh, I'm a member of a lot of forums, but I'm only active in 2 or 3.

nimd4

nimd4

kg8me

• 40 posts
  • Joined 29-October 05

mmm according to my Keepass Group: over 70... :ph34r:

^^ That's a good idea. :$ Mine says (& that's, probably, about 70-80% of all joined): 112

:)

P.S.

PS. Why I still can't choose one of the votes? Is it a rule of the poll?

^^ What poll, you haven't made one?!?? xd

Z68A-G43 (G3) - i7-3770 - Vengeance 2x4GB 2133MHz - GTX 650 Gainward - WD 1TB 64MB SATA - Win7 Pro/64 SP1 / Trusty Xfce AMD64

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,893 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

I have no idea what happened to the poll. :unsure:
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 14,562 posts
  • Joined 23-July 04

I have no idea what happened to the poll. :unsure:

Whatever it was, it happened more than one year ago:

Around two hours ago, I edited the first post and I didn't know all the votes were lost! How silly I am! I was in a hurry so I didn't turn the script on and didn't read the post again after I edited. I've asked a Mod to help with the problem. I hope something can be done.
I want to say thanks to all who read this topic and made the votes. And sorry again for the bad mistake I made.

jaclaz

Tripredacus

Tripredacus

K-Mart-ian Legend

• Super Moderator
  • 9,893 posts
  • Joined 28-April 06

Donator

Whatever it was, it happened more than one year ago:

jaclaz

I know, I remember that and also remember rebuilding the poll later.
msfn2_zpsc37c7153.jpg

Aloha

Aloha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Joined 07-February 08
Wow, time passes by so fast, it's a year ago!

Hi everyone! I did make a poll but I lost it by some mistake. It happened when I edited the first post, deleting some sentences. I really wanted to get it back but failed at that time.

So now, we can only talk about how many forums we've joined, which one we like best, and on which one we are most active. No poll to vote any more, and sorry for that.

Well, as for me, I'm still a member of two forums! But I don't come and write posts as often as I used to. I even stop going to the forums I don't belong to. However, I find it always nice to return here and say something like this. I am glad to know everyone and everything are fine.

Tripredacus,
Thanks for fixing the poll, or rebuilding it as you said. Not sure why it's gone. How weird!

herbalist

herbalist

paranoid independent

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • Joined 15-December 06
I'd be hard pressed to figure out just how many forums I've been a member of over the years. I'm guessing between 50 and 75. Some I was active in for years, mainly malware removal and security forums. I'll generally join a forum when the material is of interest to be, for instance I joined MSFN for the 98 forums. Most of the time, I use the same name. I'm semi-active in a couple of forums, not nearly as much as I used to be. Just not enough time in a day.

Andromeda43

Andromeda43

Retired PC Tech.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Joined 14-August 05
I'm a member of at least 20 forums and moderator on three of them. I even have one of my own.
I try to visit each forum at least once a week and a very few, once a day.

Since my retirement from my own computer business, I'm caring less and less about computers and more about my little Suzuki SX4.
The Car forums are where I now spend most of my time.

Some of the PC forums got so ridiculous, with people wanting to do things that should never be done with a computer, that I just had to back away from them.
The questions just got stupider and stupider over the past few years, and the answers weren't far behind. I'd read a few posts and just have to log off. :realmad:
No one wants to search for an answer anymore. They just jump on a forum, open a new thread and want to be force-fed the answers. :whistle:
90+% of the questions asked, on forums, could be quickly and efficiently answered by a simple Google Search. Except for polls, of course. :thumbup
B)
A person with experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument.

msgeek

msgeek
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 17-June 11
I'm a member of about 20 forums, but I'm only active in 5 :)

Aloha

Aloha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Joined 07-February 08

The questions just got stupider and stupider over the past few years, and the answers weren't far behind. I'd read a few posts and just have to log off. :realmad:
No one wants to search for an answer anymore. They just jump on a forum, open a new thread and want to be force-fed the answers. :whistle:
90+% of the questions asked, on forums, could be quickly and efficiently answered by a simple Google Search. Except for polls, of course. :thumbup
B)

Huh? ...

OK, I don't come to the forums as often as I used to. If I have small problems I always try to find the answers by using Google search. It will save my time and people's time! I only come to ask for help when I am tired of searching and reading through a lot of information but nothing can solve my problem.

It's interesting to hear people telling about the forums they are joining. Again, sorry for not having a poll any more!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users