- This addon slipstreams Internet Explorer 8 and its updates directly into an NT 5.2 x64 source.
- Intended for Windows XP/2003 x64 SP2, with or without localization via MUI packs (Addon).
- SP2 is required to use this addon. The following old SP1 files in the original installer have been omitted from v2009-03_x for compatibility with RVMi:
- browseui.dll, shdocvw.dll and shlwapi.dll
wbrowseui.dll, wshdocvw.dll and wshlwapi.dll
- Due to MSFN rules regarding direct links to Microsoft executables, please visit the mirror topic at ryanvm.net for AddOn download links.
Tweaks INI including all my preferred tweaks. Requires an IE8 addon above.
Compress for use with nLite. (DETAILS)
- Link: entries_IE8Tweaks.ini
Size: 5.67 KB
Updates Included in v2013-05_1:
- Note: Bulleted updates can be verified with QFECheck, if it exists on your system.
- KB2706045 - MS12-056 - JScript and VBScript Scripting Engines v5.8
- KB2829530 - MS13-037 - Internet Explorer - Cumulative
- KB2847204 - MS13-038 - MS HTML viewer
High Priority Updates:
- All tweaks previously included within the IE8 addon have been removed and placed in entries_IE8Tweaks.ini. Integrate the INI as is to include all my preferred tweaks—they're fully commented and tested—or edit as you see fit. Tweaks must be in INF format and will be applied to all users.
The following files and their WoW64 equivalents from the IE6 cumulative update have been added to the updated addon since v2012-02_1 to replace almost all of the SP1 files included in the original installer. This was done for completeness as well as to include the fix for the functionality described in KB972582. The inclusion of these files has been tested off and on for over a year with no ill effects. Please let me know if you have any difficulties.
- browseui.dll ..- Replaces SP1 file included in original installer.
ieencode.dll ..- Not included with IE8 but added as part of the IE6 cumulative update.
mshtml6.dll ...- Replaces original IE6 file used until T-13. Original filename: mshtml.dll
pngfilt6.dll .....- Replaces original IE6 file used until T-13. Original filename: pngfilt.dll
shdocvw.dll ...- Replaces SP1 file included in original installer.
w03a3409.dll - Not included with IE8 and not an IE6 file but the IE6 update usually has and needs the latest version.
The SP1 file shlwapi.dll and its WoW64 equivalent are included in the original installer but are not actually IE files. They are still not included in either addon. The latest version can be found in security update KB975713 which is included in the update pack.
This post has been edited by 5eraph: 15 May 2013 - 12:44 AM