[Release] Internet Explorer 8 x64 AddOn v2013-05_1 Slipstreams IE8 and its updates into an NT 5.2 x64 source.
Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:49 PM
I want to integrate your addon in my version of windows XP x64 (i've simply added the update),but i've a problem.
I add the IE8addon+update with nlite and i install the ISO in my VM.
When i use windows update he wants to download the compaibility list and the update pack of ie8.
How i can solve this problem? i'm sure i integrate the ie8addon+updates.
Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:20 PM
v2009-06_3 does not include the latest updates, ascatem. I am currently unable to properly update or test this addon. Please use v2009-03_1 with the updates recommended by Kurt_Aust in nLite.
I am sorry, meowing. I do not have a REG file that contains those tweaks.
Posted 23 October 2009 - 11:39 PM
- I checked the files in the IE8 installer against the files on my XPx64 source disc to split them into two groups: those that would replace preexisting files, and those that would need to be added as new files. With over 250 files, this was the most tedious and time-consuming part.
All of the new source files then needed to be segregated into DLLs and non-DLLs. Most non-DLLs ended up in IE8.CAB within the addon for installation through 5erIE8.inf. I used jdoe's CAB Tool to create IE8.CAB for use in the addon. The rest of the new source files needed entries added to entries_IE8x64.ini which was written from scratch.
I then checked update.inf within the installer to see where all the files that needed to be added would be installed. My INF (5erIE8.inf) is a heavily modified version of the original update.inf. I removed all unused sections, then removed entries in the INF for most preexisting files and new source DLLs since entries_IE8x64.ini would handle the chore of installing the new DLLs. And I added some sections used by others such as Sereby, YumeYao and MrNxDmX custom-tailored to XPx64.
Some editing of the original ie.inf source file was necessary for Windows to recognize the new IE version. The edited file was added to the addon.
7-Zip was used to package all of the files into a single addon.
Finally, much testing with VMware Server 1.0.9 to make sure everything works as it should.
This post has been edited by 5eraph: 23 October 2009 - 11:47 PM
Posted 24 October 2009 - 03:49 AM
Posted 24 October 2009 - 07:59 AM
I'd consider adding it if Microsoft had an XPx64 installation package available for it, atolica, but I can't find one on support.microsoft.com, download.microsoft.com, or any reference to such a package within WindowsUpdate.log in %SystemRoot%.
If I could find a package for it, though, it would end up in the update pack. KB898461 is an operating system update, not an update for Internet Explorer.
- ← [SVCPack AddOn] Virtual CloneDrive 220.127.116.11
- Application Add-Ons
- [Release] MediaInfo 0.7.63 Add-on (32-bit) →