Pin Computer toTaskbar

buzzmag

I like having the "Computer" icon on the taskbar. So far, I haven't been able to pin it to the taskbar. Dragging it tells me it will be pinned to the explorer and I haven't been able to unpin it from the explorer and pin to the taskbar. Any ideas?

I like having the "Computer" icon on the taskbar. So far, I haven't been able to pin it to the taskbar. Dragging it tells me it will be pinned to the explorer and I haven't been able to unpin it from the explorer and pin to the taskbar. Any ideas?

I don't know about the icon, but the closest I've got to this is to change the "Target" for "Windows Explorer" shortcut on the Taskbar to reflect:

%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /root,::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}

When you hold "Shift" on your keyboard and "right-click" the shortcut, go to "Properties" and paste into "Target".

Edited by neowillendit

Yes, you can

Right-click on the taskbar, choose new Toolbar, Simply double-click on My Computer and it will be add.

I'd suggest unchecking Show title and Show Text

Just tried this...I don't believe this was what he was going for but it works too...but you can't double-click, you have to highlight "My Computer" and click "Select Folder".

Here is the best method to do this easily: "How to pin My Computer to Windows 7 taskbar directly"

Enjoy :D

This works great, thank you "mayur". :hello:

Although, even better would be to the "My Computer" shortcut inside another folder such as the "C:\Windows" Folder so you don't have to look at the original shortcut, then still right-click to pin to taskbar. Only suggesting... :thumbup

Edited by neowillendit