Problem when I close MS-Word 2007

morland

I recently switched from Office 2003 to Office 2007. Overall the new version is good but I am facing the following problem:

95% of the times and when I close MS-Word 2007, the error messages shown in the attached images come up. Does any one have any clue as to why I am facing this problem and what could be the possible solution?

Thanks

post-131769-1242265857_thumb.jpg

post-131769-1242265875_thumb.jpg

Yes I have a HP printer and it is the default one. I have just changed will monitor if that takes care of the problem. BTW this is strange that having an HP printer driver installed would result in Word-2007 crashing (assuming that is the reason).

Many thanks for your reply.

Yes I have a HP printer and it is the default one. I have just changed will monitor if that takes care of the problem. BTW this is strange that having an HP printer driver installed would result in Word-2007 crashing (assuming that is the reason).

Many thanks for your reply.

I have the same problem, and so does a friend of mine. It's a known issue. Setting your default printer to, say, a PDF printer should fix it. It's an inconvenient workaround, but it does the job.

Last month (April), after one year (it takes ages to HP fixes this problem) HP finally begins to release a hotfix to this problem.

This was the worst support case that I have ever seen in my life.

After install all the new updates displayed in the HP page for my printer all my problems and errors with the Word 2007 are gone now. Even using HP as my default printer (no changing was necessary anymore).

selectsoftwareanddriver.th.jpg

hpprintdriverupdate.th.jpg

Good luck.

Thanks for sharing this. I do not have the HP printer actually with me (but end up using it often) as and when I am visiting my brother (who has this printer). I just looked at Start | Settings | Printers & Faxes and the name of the printer is displayed as HP Deskjet D1400 series.

I went to the HP site and got to this URL where all the drivers for various "hp deskjet d1400 series"printers are available.

Question: Do I have to download & install the exact driver from the above mentioned URL? Or should be searching for a fix on the HP.com? Can someone help me in this regard; ideally help me locate the URL from where I can download the fix.

Really thankful for your help so far.

Thanks for sharing this. I do not have the HP printer actually with me (but end up using it often) as and when I am visiting my brother (who has this printer). I just looked at Start | Settings | Printers & Faxes and the name of the printer is displayed as HP Deskjet D1400 series.

I went to the HP site and got to this URL where all the drivers for various "hp deskjet d1400 series"printers are available.

Question: Do I have to download & install the exact driver from the above mentioned URL? Or should be searching for a fix on the HP.com? Can someone help me in this regard; ideally help me locate the URL from where I can download the fix.

Really thankful for your help so far.

You need the print driver update for the EXACT model of the printer you'd be using. Without this, we won't be able to find the right driver for you. "D1400 Series" is not enough information; you need to be a bit more specific. It's most likely one of these:

D1415

D1420

D1430

D1455

D1460

D1468

D1470

Thanks gameh,

I'll wait till i get the exact model for the printer and will then download the relevant driver. Or I can just leave the downloading part totally because since changing the default printer, I have not encountered the crash problem again so far; and I'm keeping my fingers crossed :)