SBS 2003 R2 Licensing...Ebay?

I need to get a chunk of CALs for this company I manage and a 20 pack is like 1400 retail. On ebay a 15 pack is 600 but I'm really worried about buying licenses off ebay. They're WAY cheaper (which is good because the PIC at this company is a real money pincher) but I'm worried that they might not work. Any of you ever bought licenses this way? Is it safe to do so?

I would be very suspect of licenses on eBay. I'm not saying that there aren't legitimate licenses out there for a bargain, but if it seems too good to be true... then it probably is.

Edited by TrAvELAr

I would be very careful with this. Small Business Server CALs have always been distributed in 5 or 20 packs. Something is a little odd about someone offering a 15 pack. This could be something like 5 OEM packs, or 3 academic 5 packs or something like that. Before ordering I would recommend getting a list of included Microsoft part numbers so you can verify what you are getting.

Edited by Jakebo

I didn't buy Cals at eBay, but all my workstation licences. They all work fine and are genuine.

They're cheaper for being second-hand, or because the software isn't fashionable any more, or because an eBay shop has no real-estate expenses.

Absolutely no reason to be fake.

15 Cals: just ask the seller. He may offer 3 packs of 5 cals.

Here in old Europe, Justice of half a dozen countries has said that even reselling OEM licences without the original hardware is legal - whatever the so-called licence alleges - and consequently, even "necessary technical means" used by a licence buyer to install it on a new hardware are legal as well. Since then, Microsoft avoids going to trial in the remaining European countries about such topics. So in the case of Oem licences, you may have a look at Justice decisions in your countries.