Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

How to change windows 7 setup background.

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

beatmaster

beatmaster

Junior

• Pip
  • 52 posts
@maxXPsoft

With dll you modify so you have your own Backround on this time of the windows 7 setup ?

LINK

I read in this thread from:

arunimg.dll
spwizmg.dll
w32uiimg.dll
wdsimage.dll

??

beatmaster

Edited by beatmaster, 01 March 2010 - 11:45 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,880 posts
I've removed and am updating my 7backgrounds stuff but that was the spwizimg.dll which I updated in
MountDir & "\Windows\System32\
64 also get this
MountDir & "\Windows\SysWOW64\
Has to be done correctly I finally figured out. I no longer see any of that MS image in the background. :thumbup no more of that image
Download ++> Windows 7 + 8 Unattended DVD + App Installer + Services Disabler + Load All Button + XML Creator
Jump2Reg - Registry: - Oct 4, 2013 - Version 3.0.4 - 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP, VISTA, Seven, Windows 8+ and 32 or 64 bit

XP Unattended CD/DVD creator - Version 4.1.7
Sample xml + Setupcomplete + Add Right click .wim Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1

beatmaster

beatmaster

Junior

• Pip
  • 52 posts
But you are mount the boot.wim and then you changed there the spwizimg.dll ? But i can`t found the spwizimg.dll in Windows\System32 or SysWOW64 ?

I thought we must only chnaged the spwizimg.dll when i mount the boot.wim ?

Now we must also mount the install.wim and there we must changed the spwizimg.dll and the imagers.dll ?

beatmaster

MrJinje

MrJinje

Toolâ„¢ Developer

• Developer
  • 1,032 posts

But you are mount the boot.wim and then you changed there the spwizimg.dll ? But i can`t found the spwizimg.dll in Windows\System32 or SysWOW64 ?

I thought we must only chnaged the spwizimg.dll when i mount the boot.wim ?

Now we must also mount the install.wim and there we must changed the spwizimg.dll and the imagers.dll ?

beatmaster

Like I told Max, to change the image after the first reboot, you need to edit the install.wim spwizimg.dll copy. The boot.wim spwizimg.dll (and DVD\sources\spwizimg.dll for that matter) are only used for the initial boot, when installing from DVD or via setup.exe respectively. Everything after the first reboot is contained inside install.wim. That is why you have to change it in multiple places, because Microsoft included multiple copies in the installation process.

It's more like you have to customize two OS'es to fully control the process. The Boot.WIM is actually a self contained Windows PE OS, but it only controls the installation process up until the first reboot. After reboot, the boot.wim hands off to the spwizimg.dll inside the install.wim (now on the HDD), and the HDD controls the process from first reboot to first login.

Edited by MrJinje, 02 March 2010 - 04:45 PM.

beatmaster

beatmaster

Junior

• Pip
  • 52 posts
Now only a little tip of me, how to change the user picture on the logon screen.

mount the install.wim an search for the file " user.bmp " . this ist the standard user picture of windows 7. Now overwrite this bmp-file with your own.

important:

your new user picture must have an resolution of 128x128 and 24bit an must be an bmb file. Also this new user picture must have the name " user-bmp" . When you have replaced the original you have your own new user picture on the logon screen after windows 7 installation. I have also saved the original with the name of user1.bmp.
Here the result:

Posted Image

Posted Image

beatmaster

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,880 posts
your right beatmaster
I been doing that with my program since Se7en_UA.exe 6.1.5: December 14, 2009, 11:34:44 AM
and if you replace the MountDir & "\ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures\Default Pictures\usertile0.bmp with same .bmp it will make that the default picture instead of the flower
Download ++> Windows 7 + 8 Unattended DVD + App Installer + Services Disabler + Load All Button + XML Creator
Jump2Reg - Registry: - Oct 4, 2013 - Version 3.0.4 - 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP, VISTA, Seven, Windows 8+ and 32 or 64 bit

beatmaster

beatmaster

Junior

• Pip
  • 52 posts
One more question :

What is the ordner "winsxs" ?
also i found an background.bmp, img0.jpg and an user.bmp in

C:\mount\Windows\winsxs\x86_setup-uxwizard-clientimages.....

beatmaster

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,880 posts

One more question :

What is the ordner "winsxs" ?
also i found an background.bmp, img0.jpg and an user.bmp in

C:\mount\Windows\winsxs\x86_setup-uxwizard-clientimages.....

beatmaster

winsxs I've been looking at that folder for quite some time
is like the backup location of everything in 7/Vista. If you inject drivers it usually creates a folder there with the drivers you injected but with the funny name's you see there. Can grow quite big even updating drivers

I already get all them things you say and copy over to the name I found in them locations
Like img0.jpg is the default wallpaper, if it' in another location like you said uxwizard-clientimages then thats a backup to the main located elsewhere

My quest was to replace the default background's on a setup and I have done that completely. I didn't care for the 'MS powder puff background' so I looked at every image and replaced it minus the PE Mrjinge has said several times. I'll leave that alone for now as that would require replacing another .wim, and I never had to do that.

myselfidem

myselfidem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts

An d i have also the same problem. (sorry for my english)

I have edit:

- DVD sources\spwizimg.dll 517 and 518
- DVD sources\boot.wim\sources\spwizimg.dll 517 and 518

- DVD sources\background_cli.bmp
- DVD sources\boot.wim\sources\background.bmp (here i can find only a backround.bmp not a backround_cli.bmp)

And the same problem like Olive89 and Adadu.

beatmaster

You need also make others modifications:

When you mount "boot.wim 2" for Windows, change the images setup.bmp and winpe.bmp inside "Windows\system32" by yours owns with the same size and the same name and the same image you've changed inside "spwizimg.dll" (517 - 518), also into: sources\background.bmp.
Then unmount and commit boot.wim 2.
You need to take full control for the file and these images.

You can use another image for the logon screen (start and shutdown session) and change images 5031 to 5043 inside "imageres.dll" after mountrw install.wim 5 (Windows Ultimate)!

For edit "spwizimg.dll" I use XN Resource, because Reshack don't work:

http://www.downloads...esource-Editor/

And for edit "imageres.dll", I use Reshack, because XN Resource don't work!

http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/

I hope that will help you.

Edited by myselfidem, 16 January 2012 - 10:55 AM.

For Windows 7 OS: SetProductKey.rar (fr-FR/en-US. Integrate keys).

morokat

morokat
  • 7 posts

You must edit:

- DVD sources\background_svr.bmp
- DVD sources\boot.wim\sources\background_svr.bmp

How to edit boot.wim file?

nice_guy75

nice_guy75

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

You must edit:

- DVD sources\background_svr.bmp
- DVD sources\boot.wim\sources\background_svr.bmp

How to edit boot.wim file?

You would require WAIK, mount the boot.wim and then edit the required dll.

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,880 posts

No need for WAIK. f you are running Win 7 then this is all that is needed to mount boot.wim
http://www.msfn.org/...-wim-windows-7/

nice_guy75

nice_guy75

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

No need for WAIK. f you are running Win 7 then this is all that is needed to mount boot.wim
http://www.msfn.org/...-wim-windows-7/

Thanks mate, I forgot.
But DISM works slower than imagex, I rather like to use WAIK for Vista it's really lightening fast.

Edited by nice_guy75, 30 April 2012 - 11:15 PM.

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,880 posts

Thanks mate, I forgot.
But DISM works slower than imagex, I rather like to use WAIK for Vista it's really lightening fast.

then you're not gonna like that they added the imagex functions into dism for win 8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN