Use OSCDIMG.EXE with HFSLIP

SkyKiDS

Hi, there. :) I am newbie here.

In order to make ISO file, you can use OSCDIMG.EXE with HFSLIP by the source below.

Edit the hfslip-1.7.8.cmd.

Find the code.

IF NOT EXIST HFTOOLS\CDIMAGE.EXE IF NOT EXIST HFTOOLS\MKISOFS.EXE GOTO :EOF

Add the code, IF NOT EXIST HFTOOLS\OSCDIMG.EXE before GOTO :EOF.

IF NOT EXIST HFTOOLS\CDIMAGE.EXE IF NOT EXIST HFTOOLS\MKISOFS.EXE IF NOT EXIST HFTOOLS\OSCDIMG.EXE GOTO :EOF

Find the code.

IF EXIST HFTOOLS\CDIMAGE.EXE IF NOT EXIST HFTOOLS\MKISOFS.EXE IF NOT EXIST HFTOOLS\OSCDIMG.EXE SET FORCECDIMAGE=1

Add IF NOT EXIST HFTOOLS\OSCDIMG.EXE before SET FORCECDIMAGE=1 and one line next.

IF EXIST HFTOOLS\CDIMAGE.EXE IF NOT EXIST HFTOOLS\MKISOFS.EXE IF NOT EXIST HFTOOLS\OSCDIMG.EXE SET FORCECDIMAGE=1
IF EXIST HFTOOLS\OSCDIMG.EXE IF NOT EXIST HFTOOLS\CDIMAGE.EXE IF NOT EXIST HFTOOLS\MKISOFS.EXE SET USEOSCDIMG=1

Find the code.

IF NOT DEFINED CDIMGSW SET CDIMGSW=-h -j1 -m
IF NOT DEFINED MKISSW SET MKISSW=-relaxed-filenames -d -D -N -J -no-emul-boot -no-iso-translate -boot-load-size 4

Add the line, IF NOT DEFINED OSCDIMGSW SET OSCDIMGSW=-o -n -h -m.

IF NOT DEFINED CDIMGSW SET CDIMGSW=-h -j1 -m
IF NOT DEFINED MKISSW SET MKISSW=-relaxed-filenames -d -D -N -J -no-emul-boot -no-iso-translate -boot-load-size 4
IF NOT DEFINED OSCDIMGSW SET OSCDIMGSW=-o -n -h -m

Find the code.

IF DEFINED FORCECDIMAGE (
HFTOOLS\CDIMAGE.EXE -l"%ISOTITLE%" %CDIMGSW% -bHFTOOLS\%BBIN% %SOURCE% "%TEMPISO%"
) ELSE (
COPY HFTOOLS\BOOT.BIN SOURCESS >NUL
HFTOOLS\mkisofs.exe %MKISSW% -b %BBIN% -o "%TEMPISO%" -V "%ISOTITLE%" %SOURCE%
DEL/Q/F SOURCESS\BOOT.BIN
)

The code should be changed like this.

IF DEFINED FORCECDIMAGE (
HFTOOLS\CDIMAGE.EXE -l"%ISOTITLE%" %CDIMGSW% -bHFTOOLS\%BBIN% %SOURCE% "%TEMPISO%"
) ELSE IF DEFINED USEOSCDIMG (
HFTOOLS\OSCDIMG.EXE -l"%ISOTITLE%" -bHFTOOLS\%BBIN% %OSCDIMGSW% %SOURCE% "%TEMPISO%"
) ELSE (
COPY HFTOOLS\BOOT.BIN SOURCESS >NUL
HFTOOLS\mkisofs.exe %MKISSW% -b %BBIN% -o "%TEMPISO%" -V "%ISOTITLE%" %SOURCE%
DEL/Q/F SOURCESS\BOOT.BIN
)

You can use HFANSWER.INI(HFSLIP answer file) with some variables.

USEOSCDIMG=1
OSCDIMGSW=-o -n -h -m

Thanks.

Edited by SkyKiDS

Yeah, you could do that, but as long as cdimage.exe/mkisofs.exe works fine, then i honestly don't see the point, however...

I know that cdimage.exe and mkisofs.exe work fine. But, there is newer and better version of cdimage.exe available, I think, oscdimg.exe. And I believe many people use oscdimg.exe to make ISO file. I just want to help that people.

Thanks for replying. :)

Edited by SkyKiDS

• 2 months later...

that is a pretty old version...no newer version available?

Maybe someone could add official support for oscdimg to hfslip and upload a new test ver...

bye!

Edited by jvidal

I don't think so... There is allready a solution for using it in this thread, and i don't see the reason for bloating hfslip further by adding support for yet another(and third!) image making utility...

Just my oppenion of course :)

What's all this brouhaha about? HFSLIP supports two iso maker packages. mkisofs.exe is open source, nlite uses it too. Nobody is complaining to Nuhi that his software is old because it uses an old iso maker software. Cdimage.exe is not open source and IIRC, it was not supposed to have leaked out of msft. Like what Martin said, there is no need to update an iso maker program. It's up to the HFSLIP user to make an iso with either of two solutions. Alternatively, they can make their own iso using their own program after hfslip is run.

At the end of the day, an iso file is an iso file.

• 5 weeks later...
What's all this brouhaha about? HFSLIP supports two iso maker packages. mkisofs.exe is open source, nlite uses it too. Nobody is complaining to Nuhi that his software is old because it uses an old iso maker software. Cdimage.exe is not open source and IIRC, it was not supposed to have leaked out of msft. Like what Martin said, there is no need to update an iso maker program. It's up to the HFSLIP user to make an iso with either of two solutions. Alternatively, they can make their own iso using their own program after hfslip is run.

At the end of the day, an iso file is an iso file.

I just tell you guys how to use OSCDIMG.EXE with HFSLIP, and I want to help them who have OSCDIMG.EXE and don't have CDIMAGE.EXE or MKISOFS.EXE.

Three ways to make ISO image work fine, I think, and I am sure that the result ISO image, clearly work fine.

It must be good that my way is added to HFSLIP for helping other people. Anyway, I don't complain about it is impossible and HFSLIP only has two ways.

Thank you for attention to my way.

It's good to learn how to write in English. :P