Have you seen PSR yet?

Tripredacus

I searched here and came up with nothing. Today I received my RC copies of Windows 7 in 32 and 64bit at an official sales training. One of the things talked about was PSR or Problem Step Recorder. You older folks might remember Windows 95 and the Macro recorder. This is very similar. It is also similar to AutoIT's pointer code generator.

You start it up, click record, then go about things. When you are done, click stop and it will ask you to save someplace. It creates an MHT (a not-so-often used embedded web document format) file that records all the stuff you clicked on, INCLUDING SCREENSHOTS.

To start it up, type 'PSR' into the search field on the start menu. It is designed to be used for troubleshooting, but it looks to be a good training/walkthrough tool!

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/dd464813.aspx

yes, this is old. I discovered this last year with the leaked 6956.

It may be old, but it is the first I'm hearing of it and way cool too. Will help when trying to help my mother and sisters with their computer problems. Now if only they were going to use Win 7.

I prophesize that one month after Windows 7's release there will be a buffer overflow exploit in MHT files causing Microsoft to disable and discontinue them like they did with CHM files. Let it be written. :)

I used to use MHT files alot back in the 90s. Typically before they had large USB keys or email accounts. I could save a webpage as an MHT and copy it to my zip drive. I always wondered why it never really got adopted, but I am thinking PDFs took over their power.

Alas, I figured someone knew of it already but we need a thread here for those that don't! :yes:

This is one of the lesser talked about features of Win 7 but looks to be very useful.

Other lesser talked about feature include simultaneous disk defrags, new resource monitor, PC safeguard, burn ISO images without a 3rd party app, display colour calibration wizard, and new keyboard shortcuts. Of course there are plenty other new things but these are the ones I can remember right now!