My goal was to have a disc with:
1) Windows XP Professional OEM
2) XP Service Pack 3
3) RyanVM's PostSP3 upgrades
4) RyanVM's WGA Update Addon
5) Windows Media Player 11 Slipstream
6) IE7 Slipstream
7) A few unrelated programs that install unattended in the RunOnce
But after takin an XP disc and slipstreaming SP3 onto it, I ran into a whole pile of trouble.
In the "bluebootup box" during setup:
"Unable to find SP3.CAB"
"Unable to find Stream.sys"
+ many many others
In the main setup:
"Unregmp2.dll cannot find WMDRMSDK.DLL"
+ a hundred others as a result of the above error
Nothing seemed to work. As it turned out, half the files from SP3 were never integrated into my install! So after much playing and toying around, I figured out a sequence that seems to work:
1) Extract a clean XP Pro OEM + SP2 disc
2) Use nLite to integrate Service Pack 3
3) Use nLite to integrate RyanVM's PostSP3 pack and WGA addon
4) Manually open the Service Pack 3 install EXE using WinRAR
5) Extract ALL files in the root of the service pack into the \I386\ folder. Make sure to SKIP files that already exist though. This ensures that everything that was in the service pack is also in the installation.
6) Add whatever you want to the $OEM$ folder
Finally, use a batch file in the RunOnce to execute all of the WMP11 hotfixes and the installation itself. I found the WMP11 Slipstreamer to be flaky when combined with SP3.
7) Build the ISO file using nLite and test on a virtual machine
For some reason it was really important to get all the files out of the SP3 installer manually and drop them into the I386 folder. Stuff was missing until I did that.
------ edit -------
Edited the steps above to be more accurate. RyanVM's integrator + SP3 apparantly doesn't mix well.
Edited by Frosty555, 03 June 2009 - 09:59 PM.