Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Bootin Off USB Drive Striaght Into Works Windows?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

jamesbebby

jamesbebby

• PipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Joined 26-February 09
hi, im looking at booting straight into a fully working windows from USB pen drive? i like to do this so when im working i can just take my usb pen drive with me and stick it into almost any computer/laptop and my windows will work, not for gaming or anything hardcore like that. one of the main reason is that i find vista not very good to work on and these days all new computer have it on, i will be making the change but not for a while yet. [hopefully never!]
cheers james

Edited by jamesbebby, 04 June 2009 - 07:24 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

gamehead200

gamehead200

SEARCH!!! SEARCH!!!

• Super Moderator
  • 7,039 posts
  • Joined 02-September 02

i like to do this so when im working i can just take my usb pen drive with me and stick it into almost any computer/laptop and my windows will work, not for gaming or anything hardcore like that.

This won't work on all computers as the HAL will most likely be incompatible with other hardware. In addition, the computers you use will all have to support booting from USB (most modern hardware supports it, though). What you'd probably want to do is boot Windows PE from a USB drive. I'm not too familiar with the process, but a quick forum search will probably help you find the answer.

ilko_t

ilko_t

MSFN Addict

• Super Moderator
  • 1,722 posts
  • Joined 06-December 06
Here you go:
http://www.msfn.org/...howtopic=122170

Install Windows from USB, boot Linux, multiboot and a lot more with WinSetupFromUSB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN