Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

[MUST READ] Slipstreaming SP2 into Windows Vista w/ SP1

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

gamehead200

gamehead200

SEARCH!!! SEARCH!!!

• Super Moderator
  • 7,039 posts
  • Joined 02-September 02
Please note that the latest version of vLite is UNABLE to integrate Service Pack 2 (SP2) into an existing Windows Vista with SP1 ISO image at the moment. To obtain a Windows Vista ISO with SP2 already integrated, you have two choices:
  • Download the ISO image from your MSDN or TechNet account (if you have one)
  • Use the reverse integration method to slipstream SP2 into an existing image of Windows Vista w/ SP1
Several guides to reverse integrate SPs can be found here1, here2, and here3. These guides can be used to integrate SP2 and should be valid when integrating any future service packs as well.

If you encounter any difficulties following the above-mentioned guides, please reply to this thread and more experienced members will try to help you.

1, 2, 3 Please note that the above-mentioned guides are being supplied "as is". MSFN assumes no liability for damages, direct or consequential,
which may result from the use of said guides.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

virtualQ

virtualQ
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 14-June 09
I have a non SP1 DVD. Is there any way to make a SP2 dvd with it? I thinking of any way to first slipstream sp1 and then sp2 or something? Is it even possible?

gamehead200

gamehead200

SEARCH!!! SEARCH!!!

• Super Moderator
  • 7,039 posts
  • Joined 02-September 02

I have a non SP1 DVD. Is there any way to make a SP2 dvd with it? I thinking of any way to first slipstream sp1 and then sp2 or something? Is it even possible?

Use vLite to slipstream SP1, then use the reverse integration method to slipstream SP2.

Edited by gamehead200, 14 June 2009 - 05:50 PM.
Typo

virtualQ

virtualQ
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 14-June 09
I hope that you mean vLite.

gamehead200

gamehead200

SEARCH!!! SEARCH!!!

• Super Moderator
  • 7,039 posts
  • Joined 02-September 02
Yes, made a typo. :)

Wolfin2010

Wolfin2010
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 10-July 09
I got vlite 1.2, and can't find Slipstream checkbox in the Tasks page. WHERE IS IT????

Posted Image

Select the Slipstream checkbox in the Tasks page, this will disable all other pages just to show you that it must be done before any other operation.

Go to the Slipstream page, Select the Service Pack exe with the Select button, this will start the process and after it is done the GUI will be reenabled.

Now you can Rebuild the image to have only the one you selected on Browse and it will be a lot smaller. So in the Tasks page this time select the tasks you want, do not select Slipstream if it was already done, for example select Unattended and Make ISO.

After going throught the settings of the enabled pages press the Apply button.
Choose Rebuild One, after it is done go to the ISO page and create ISO ready for testing or burning.

So in conclusion, first the Slipstream and then Apply any changes, do not Apply before the Slipstream nor be worried that the GUI is disabled while Slipstream page is enabled, you can configure other options after the Slipstream.

Source

Edited by Wolfin2010, 11 July 2009 - 05:36 PM.

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 6,028 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Donator

READ the first sentence of gamehead200!
Posted Image

Wolfin2010

Wolfin2010
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 10-July 09
I'm not talking about the post of gamehead200.

I'm responding to what's on vLite site. http://www.vlite.net...slipstream.html
vLite should remove it. It's false advertisement.

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

• Patrons
  • 6,028 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Donator

the page was created when Sp1 was released!

because several people asked the same like you, gamehead200 made this post!
Posted Image

dmomotiuk

dmomotiuk
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 05-June 09
Hi, does anybody know where can I download the official ISO from Microsoft Vista Enterprise with SP2? I don't have a Technet or MSDN account.

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

• Patrons
  • 6,028 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Donator

you can only download them if you are Volume License customer or Technet/MDSN subscriber.
Posted Image

gamehead200

gamehead200

SEARCH!!! SEARCH!!!

• Super Moderator
  • 7,039 posts
  • Joined 02-September 02

I'm not talking about the post of gamehead200.

I'm responding to what's on vLite site. http://www.vlite.net...slipstream.html
vLite should remove it. It's false advertisement.

It's not false advertisement. vLite is completely capable of slipstreaming SP1, just not SP2 at the moment because there hasn't been an update since September 2008. Search or browse the forums for more info.

hclarkjr

hclarkjr

• PipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Joined 21-July 04

vLite is completely capable of slipstreaming SP1, just not SP2 at the moment

you know something and are not telling gamehead??? :whistle:

Cooler master HAF932, Dell 2408WFP, Gigabyte P67A-UD4 B3 REV. 1.1, Intel core I7 2600K@ 4GHZ, XIGMATEK SD-1283 Gaia, Intel X25-M G2 160GB, 16GB DDR3 1600 Gskill Ripjaws ,XFX radeon HD6950, Pioneer BDR-205, Samsung SH-S243N 24X DVD-RW, western digital black 2TB,Antec TPQ-850 850W , windows 8.1 pro X64

gamehead200

gamehead200

SEARCH!!! SEARCH!!!

• Super Moderator
  • 7,039 posts
  • Joined 02-September 02

:lol: No, I don't know anything. :rolleyes: I'm just hoping (like the rest of you) that nuhi makes a comeback one day, whether it be for nLite, vLite, or a similar utility for Windows 7. :)

Guest2

Guest2
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 22-July 09

:lol: No, I don't know anything. :rolleyes: I'm just hoping (like the rest of you) that nuhi makes a comeback one day, whether it be for nLite, vLite, or a similar utility for Windows 7. :)

Try this:~
http://www.vistax64....-vista-sp2.html
:whistle:

gamehead200

gamehead200

SEARCH!!! SEARCH!!!

• Super Moderator
  • 7,039 posts
  • Joined 02-September 02

Try this:~
http://www.vistax64....-vista-sp2.html
:whistle:

I didn't have a chance to thoroughly read that article, but it just looks like the reverse integration method I first mentioned, if I'm not mistaken.

hclarkjr

hclarkjr

• PipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Joined 21-July 04
It takes about 180 mins!!!! yikes!!!! :realmad: :blink: :wacko: the purpose of slipstreaming is to make it easy to do so not a 12 step process requiring you to jump through flaming hoops acting like a poodle at a dog show. surely somebody is working on this tool and will release it soon

Cooler master HAF932, Dell 2408WFP, Gigabyte P67A-UD4 B3 REV. 1.1, Intel core I7 2600K@ 4GHZ, XIGMATEK SD-1283 Gaia, Intel X25-M G2 160GB, 16GB DDR3 1600 Gskill Ripjaws ,XFX radeon HD6950, Pioneer BDR-205, Samsung SH-S243N 24X DVD-RW, western digital black 2TB,Antec TPQ-850 850W , windows 8.1 pro X64

gamehead200

gamehead200

SEARCH!!! SEARCH!!!

• Super Moderator
  • 7,039 posts
  • Joined 02-September 02

surely somebody is working on this tool and will release it soon

Let's hope so. :whistle:

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

• Patrons
  • 6,028 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Donator

the tool is already out, but it's not recommend, because Slipstreaming the Sp2 ONLY works if you have a Original MS DVD with Sp1 included!

If you slipstream the Sp1 into a RTM and next Sp2 into the Image you will kill the Image. If you install it, the installation will fail! This is a limitation of the servicing stack and that's the cause why MSFT disabled the slipstreaming option in Windows Vista / Windows 7.
Posted Image

hclarkjr

hclarkjr

• PipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Joined 21-July 04

the tool is already out, but it's not recommend, because Slipstreaming the Sp2 ONLY works if you have a Original MS DVD with Sp1 included!

If you slipstream the Sp1 into a RTM and next Sp2 into the Image you will kill the Image. If you install it, the installation will fail! This is a limitation of the servicing stack and that's the cause why MSFT disabled the slipstreaming option in Windows Vista / Windows 7.

and where would i be able to download this tool from?

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

• Patrons
  • 6,028 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Donator

http://www.msfn.org/...howtopic=136104 :whistle:

BUT REMEMBER! ONLY USE IT WHEN YOU HAVE AN ORIGINAL MS DVD WITH SP1 INCLUDED!
Posted Image

tootlet

tootlet
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 11-August 09
Hi.
I'm trying to follow the first integration method (here1). I started the install to a fresh hard drive. I downloaded and installed WAIK on another Vista installation. (I wasn't asking for nor recommending downloading individual components of WAIK) but got stuck on:
imagex /compress maximum /flags "HomePremium" /capture f: c:\install.wim "Windows Vista Home Premium" f: is the new drive with the install.wim I'm trying to copy.

imagex is not recognizedd as an internal or external command.

I have a Windows AIK folder but using search I can't find an imagex or ImageX or whatever. I went through explorer and attempted to find it that way but no luck. I've been googling but no one else seems to reference this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

• Patrons
  • 6,028 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Donator

which WAIK version did you install?
Posted Image

tootlet

tootlet
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 11-August 09
Operator Failure! I hate that. I was going directly to Run-->cmd and trying to use imagex from there. When I went to Start-->All Programs-->Windows AIK it offered me a command prompt option and then wrote the appropriate files. I've completed the image and now just have to figure out how to use it with vLite to give me the stripped version of Vista with SP2 that I wanted. Thanks.

T

MBrys330

MBrys330
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 07-September 08
I have the orginal disk with service pack 1
can someone please direct me to a program that i can slipstream service pack 2 on

thaks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN