Windows 7 & vLite *DEPRECATED*

liquid0624

after some thoughts, i think windows 7 professional is the way to go since we're removing most of the ultimate stuff anyway?! :P

theres not much difference between the two aside from bitlocker & the use of 35 different languages? :whistle:

Edited by dead0

after some thoughts, i think windows 7 professional is the way to go since we're removing most of the ultimate stuff anyway?! :P

theres not much difference between the two aside from bitlocker & the use of 35 different languages? :whistle:

I have tried to edit and build only the Professional edition but "No images available" after the installation boots up.

After countless attempts, I still can't get it to work. I always get this error. "Windows could not display the images available for installation."

Am I doing something wrong? Can someone post a detailed guide on what I'm supposed to do?

Thanks. :D

I have tried to edit and build only the Professional edition but "No images available" after the installation boots up.

looks like the current build only contains ultimate?

i think i may have found a workaround? if you remove the other editions keeping only professional & then edit the ei.cfg file from ultimate to professional, it should install...testing now

...just finished & it installed correctly :D will try 2moro to see if vlite works properly on it?

Edited by dead0

I still think home premium is the way to go to get the smallest install possible. Hey that's just my two cents worth. I am currently getting x86 and x64 build of 7600.16385.090713-1255. I'm going to love this build since it was compiled on my birthday he-he :thumbup

Edited by liquid0624

I still think home premium is the way to go to get the smallest install possible. Hey that's just my two cents worth. I am currently getting x86 and x64 build of 7600.16385.090713-1255. I'm going to love this build since it was compiled on my birthday he-he :thumbup

i might still take the home premium route once its out! :P

i think i may have found a workaround? if you remove the other editions keeping only professional & then edit the ei.cfg file from ultimate to professional, it should install...testing now

...just finished & it installed correctly :D will try 2moro to see if vlite works properly on it?

I just:

A.) Mounted HOMEPREMIUM with GimageX

B.) install_wim_tweak and DISM etc etc

C.) Open up vLite, select to use HOMEPREMIUM

D.) Do like one tweak and then rebuild one (HOMEPREMIUM)

E.) Actually vLite it using a preset and apply

F.) Delete all files out of /sources EXCEPT boot.wim install.wim and setup.exe

Automatically installs Home Premium Edition! Theorhetically, this would work for Professional. Tell me if it works. :thumbup

Edited by SausageHack

I just:

A.) Mounted HOMEPREMIUM with GimageX

B.) install_wim_tweak and DISM etc etc

C.) Open up vLite, select to use HOMEPREMIUM

D.) Do like one tweak and then rebuild one (HOMEPREMIUM)

E.) Actually vLite it using a preset and apply

Automatically installs Home Premium Edition! Theorhetically, this would work for Professional. Tell me if it works. :thumbup

It should work by theory but this step

I can't get that one to work i always have to copy the sources original directory into the ISO i created or it gives me missing driver errors when i try to install it :wacko:

install_wim_tweak works for me again with build 7600 x64. Now trying to see if I can slim it down a bit more. Should be able to get the image below 1GB. I have removed a lot more from the image, also from winsxs-folder. just need to check remaining disabled Windows-features and files in program folder, see if I can remove those from winsxs as well. Probably somewhere during the weekend, I will post my results and files.

I will remove Windows features IE8 (IE-Troubleshooting, InternetExplorer-Optioonal), Gadgets, DVD-Maker, Windows Gadgets, XPS-service, Internet Games and those redundant language files. Then I commit the image (*). Then run vLite removal-only, check with dism what components remain. Then I put the wim-file back (the 1 I had here: *), remove the components that were remaining, see if I can still select all components in vLite, perform removal once more, cleanup/delete files from image, run vLite dummy-removal to slim down image again.

Somewhere along the way I would like to integrate my language pack, but unfortuantely, this is not available yet as far as I know.