• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
liquid0624

Windows 7 & vLite *DEPRECATED*

658 posts in this topic

@LeveL

the Backup folder is the place of the WRP (Windows Resource Protection). This is what you know from XP called WFP (Windows File Protection).

i should have some new removal batch files ready in a few days, along with a new guide?

:thumbup

I am also eventually going to have a big bat file to remove stuff.

@LeveL

the Backup folder is the place of the WRP (Windows Resource Protection). This is what you know from XP called WFP (Windows File Protection).

So you mean its like "dllcache" was in XP?

Always gets me that you could just put a corrupt/edited/nasty version of a file in the dllcache and it would restore that copy to system32, or is that true, I can't remember. It came up with blue text as well that folder, very special!

Edited by LeveL

Alright :) Guide #2 has been online for a while now on my thread (Minimizing Windows 7 Pre-Install)

Anyone who wants to add to it is welcome to do so and then re-upload

Why after "Setup is run services" installation is restarting??

sorry for my bad english :(

Edited by kotmysz123

... kept netfx2 but deleted almost all of the netfx3 files! im hoping to get an install which has zero errors in event viewer...? ...
Hi all, look this:

.NET Framework cleanup tool

Uninstall .Net Framework From Windows 7

net-framework-cleanup-tool.png

Font:

http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/pages/8904493.aspx

The .NET Framework cleanup tool supports removing the following products:

.NET Framework - All Versions

.NET Framework - All Versions (Tablet PC and Media Center)

.NET Framework - All Versions (Windows Server 2003)

.NET Framework - All Versions (Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008)

.NET Framework 1.0

.NET Framework 1.1

.NET Framework 2.0

.NET Framework 3.0

.NET Framework 3.5

Download:

option 1

option 2

Unnecessary quoted message removed by Moderator!

"One important note – as indicated above, the cleanup tool will not allow you to remove a version of the .NET Framework that is installed as part of the OS it is running on. That means that even if you try this example command line on Windows Server 2003, the tool will exit with a failure return code and not allow you to remove the .NET Framework 1.1 because it is a part of that OS.

Similarly, you cannot use the cleanup tool to remove the .NET Framework 1.0 from Windows XP Media Center Edition or Windows XP Tablet PC Edition or remove the .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.0 from Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008. In addition, if you run the cleanup tool on an OS that has any edition of the .NET Framework installed as a part of the OS, it will prevent you from using the .NET Framework - All Versions option because there is at least one version that it cannot remove."

...but thanks

Edited by Yzöwl
Yet another moderator intervention!

... or remove the .NET Framework 2.0 or 3.0 from Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008 ...
Okay, but lets exclude 2.0, 3.x at least in an intelligent manner, without errors event view :sneaky:

sure :whistle:

I already used this tool and it provided valuable information for my removal batch-file.

one question:

i used win7elite64.ini , one problem is that i can't turn on windows firewall. Which tweak relates to it? can somebody help me plz, thanks for much!

one question:

i used win7elite64.ini , one problem is that i can't turn on windows firewall. Which tweak relates to it? can somebody help me plz, thanks for much!

make sure the base filtering engine service is set to automatic and start it if its not then try starting firewall :thumbup

Hi I have a couple of simple basic questions more to how vlite works than anything as this is my starting point for vlite hope it is ok to ask here ?

I started using vLite yesterday working on win7 RC, I have used the elite presets and then selected within components to remove notepad, paint, windows media player excetra applied and created an ISO and installed which works great, but find myself confused to how the selected componests as above are still installed and function ?.

Am I missing either a basic concept of vLite or is possible that I have done something wrong ?

I also note that with the current elite preset that components such as Disk clean up is selected to be removed yet once the os is installed the removed components are still there and function ?

:rolleyes:

Edited by OldandGrim

when will this thread be updated? i vlited my windows 7 rtm 32bit bit after installation and using it for a while i got message that my windows is not genuine, how is that so??

when will this thread be updated? i vlited my windows 7 rtm 32bit bit after installation and using it for a while i got message that my windows is not genuine, how is that so??

Please go here for my updated post and guide thanks and enjoy bro :thumbup

I wanted to ask if you can integrate the hotfix.

I tried to integrate Windows6.1-KB973874-x86.msu, vLite tells me the error path that does not find the file!

senzatitulo1.th.jpg

senzatitulo2.th.jpg

Thanks

Edited by DMD61

hmmmm....just got my x86 b7260 install.wim down to 565mb?

oops looks like i may have to keep manual install?

Dead0 hi! Can you explain how to reduze the size install.wim in 565mb??? I try your last session and dwm.zip, but my install.wim size is 890 mb. Why? I don´t understand what i delete in temp winsxs to reduze space.

Thnx!!!

Sorry for my poor english

hmmmm....just got my x86 b7260 install.wim down to 565mb?

oops looks like i may have to keep manual install?

Dead0 hi! Can you explain how to reduze the size install.wim in 565mb??? I try your last session and dwm.zip, but my install.wim size is 890 mb. Why? I don´t understand what i delete in temp winsxs to reduze space.

Thnx!!!

This thread is kinda closed but i was wondering the same thing dead0 !?! :thumbup

Thnx!!!

This thread is kinda closed but i was wondering the same thing dead0 !?! :thumbup

if you try my latest x86 batch file in the other thread, you should be able to get the install wim to around 505mb! :P

Edited by dead0

Thnx!!!

if you try my latest x86 batch file in the other thread, you should be able to get the install wim to around 505mb! :P

Which one specifically for x86 you have a few. Do you have one for 64 bit what size did you get the install.wim for that?

Thnx!!!

Which one specifically for x86 you have a few. Do you have one for 64 bit what size did you get the install.wim for that?

see 1st post in the other thread for the new x86 guide which contains the latest batch/dism removal

Thnx!!!

see 1st post in the other thread for the new x86 guide which contains the latest batch/dism removal

thnx Dea0, but i dont understand how to made this part:

***optional: before commiting changes, you could load the windows\system32\config\SOFTWARE reg hive in regedit & delete any entries relating to powershell & other net3 files. .net clr optimisation service will complain (if enabled in services) about them not being found. if the service is disabled then there will be no errors in event viewer except for windows search starting a full index reset.

how to modify the file SOFTWARE??? the file dont have extension.

bye bye

thnx Dea0, but i dont understand how to made this part:

***optional: before commiting changes, you could load the windows\system32\config\SOFTWARE reg hive in regedit & delete any entries relating to powershell & other net3 files. .net clr optimisation service will complain (if enabled in services) about them not being found. if the service is disabled then there will be no errors in event viewer except for windows search starting a full index reset.

how to modify the file SOFTWARE??? the file dont have extension.

bye bye

that file won't have an extension as such as its a registry hive file! you basically load the hive in regedit & edit it from there but if you're not sure how to do it, then leave it! it doesn't matter too much!!!

Ok. My problem now is the size of install.wim. I made all steps of tutorial. But my install.wim size is 700mb. A dont know why?...

Tnks a lot!

Works fine!!! Install.wim size = 530mb.

Good work dead0

PS.- Is possible delete hiberfil.sys pagefile.sys with regedit????

Edited by Mayoral

Hi dead0! Another question. Is possible dont delete o kept wlan conection in your x86ultimate.bat? Or what i need to use Wlan in windows 7 lite depricated?

Thanks!

================= Close the post ==========================

byez

Edited by Mayoral

here's a temporary guide:

tools required: WAIK 1.1, gimagex (optional), vlite 1.2

all must be installed!

nb. this method has been tested on windows 7 build 7201 x86

Stage 1:

1) create 2 folders such as c:\s1 & c:\s2

2) copy/extract the contents of iso/disc to s1

3) mount install.wim (image 5) to s2 folder using gimagex or imagex

4) from a cmd prompt, run install_wim_tweak.exe /m & then type c:\s2

to take ownership of reg hive, created by & credit to BM wnuku

5) commit changes & unmount

Stage 2:

1) first download this:

2) extract the batch file to the sources directory ie. c:\s1\sources

3) mount install.wim (image 5) to s2 folder using gimagex or imagex

4) run rem7201.bat from the sources directory (which has s2 folder already selected)

optional: while the batch file is running, you could delete the Recovery folder from c:\s2\windows\system32 directory, delete the contents of c:\s2\windows\winsxs\backup (you may need unlocker as the files are locked; do not delete the backup folder itself), also delete the folders & its contents from c:\s2\windows\web\wallpaper except for the windows folder which contains the default wallpaper, again you will need the unlocker tool)

5) once done, commit changes & unmount

then use vlite with my last session:

before you create the iso in vlite, make sure you delete every file in the sources folder except for boot.wim & install.wim. also, you will need to extract from the original iso, setup.exe from the sources folder to c:\s1\sources otherwise you will get a cd driver not found error when trying to install!!!

i've just installed this in vmware, set my paging file to 512mb, installed vmware tools, ran windows update to install the sound driver, restarted & my hd usage space is showing up as just under 2.5gb! :D

nb. as the sources folder already includes dism, you do not need to download & install waik for windows 7! the bat file uses dism from the sources folder to remove the packages from windows.

This is a temporary guide

MUST use the Automated Installation Kit for Windows Vista SP1. Do NOT use the Automated Installation Kit for Windows 7 RTM ?