liquid0624

Windows 7 & vLite *DEPRECATED*

658 posts in this topic

after some thoughts, i think windows 7 professional is the way to go since we're removing most of the ultimate stuff anyway?! :P

theres not much difference between the two aside from bitlocker & the use of 35 different languages? :whistle:

Edited by dead0

after some thoughts, i think windows 7 professional is the way to go since we're removing most of the ultimate stuff anyway?! :P

theres not much difference between the two aside from bitlocker & the use of 35 different languages? :whistle:

I have tried to edit and build only the Professional edition but "No images available" after the installation boots up.

After countless attempts, I still can't get it to work. I always get this error. "Windows could not display the images available for installation."

Am I doing something wrong? Can someone post a detailed guide on what I'm supposed to do?

Thanks. :D

I have tried to edit and build only the Professional edition but "No images available" after the installation boots up.

looks like the current build only contains ultimate?

i think i may have found a workaround? if you remove the other editions keeping only professional & then edit the ei.cfg file from ultimate to professional, it should install...testing now

...just finished & it installed correctly :D will try 2moro to see if vlite works properly on it?

Edited by dead0

does anyone know why bitlocker still shows up in win7 pro even though its not supposed to be there?

I still think home premium is the way to go to get the smallest install possible. Hey that's just my two cents worth. I am currently getting x86 and x64 build of 7600.16385.090713-1255. I'm going to love this build since it was compiled on my birthday he-he :thumbup

Edited by liquid0624

I still think home premium is the way to go to get the smallest install possible. Hey that's just my two cents worth. I am currently getting x86 and x64 build of 7600.16385.090713-1255. I'm going to love this build since it was compiled on my birthday he-he :thumbup

i might still take the home premium route once its out! :P

Vlite does not work with build 7600 x64?

* sorry for my english

Edited by zakspeed

i think i may have found a workaround? if you remove the other editions keeping only professional & then edit the ei.cfg file from ultimate to professional, it should install...testing now

...just finished & it installed correctly :D will try 2moro to see if vlite works properly on it?

I just:

A.) Mounted HOMEPREMIUM with GimageX

B.) install_wim_tweak and DISM etc etc

C.) Open up vLite, select to use HOMEPREMIUM

D.) Do like one tweak and then rebuild one (HOMEPREMIUM)

E.) Actually vLite it using a preset and apply

F.) Delete all files out of /sources EXCEPT boot.wim install.wim and setup.exe

Automatically installs Home Premium Edition! Theorhetically, this would work for Professional. Tell me if it works. :thumbup

Edited by SausageHack

I just:

A.) Mounted HOMEPREMIUM with GimageX

B.) install_wim_tweak and DISM etc etc

C.) Open up vLite, select to use HOMEPREMIUM

D.) Do like one tweak and then rebuild one (HOMEPREMIUM)

E.) Actually vLite it using a preset and apply

Automatically installs Home Premium Edition! Theorhetically, this would work for Professional. Tell me if it works. :thumbup

It should work by theory but this step

I can't get that one to work i always have to copy the sources original directory into the ISO i created or it gives me missing driver errors when i try to install it :wacko:

Going to test this theory now preparing for first install of 16385 x64 wish me luck :)

SausageHack you were right :) All i need is INSTALL.WIM and BOOT.WIM and SETUP.EXE from sources directory for Windows 7 Clean Boot Install :):thumbup

install_wim_tweak works for me again with build 7600 x64. Now trying to see if I can slim it down a bit more. Should be able to get the image below 1GB. I have removed a lot more from the image, also from winsxs-folder. just need to check remaining disabled Windows-features and files in program folder, see if I can remove those from winsxs as well. Probably somewhere during the weekend, I will post my results and files.

I will remove Windows features IE8 (IE-Troubleshooting, InternetExplorer-Optioonal), Gadgets, DVD-Maker, Windows Gadgets, XPS-service, Internet Games and those redundant language files. Then I commit the image (*). Then run vLite removal-only, check with dism what components remain. Then I put the wim-file back (the 1 I had here: *), remove the components that were remaining, see if I can still select all components in vLite, perform removal once more, cleanup/delete files from image, run vLite dummy-removal to slim down image again.

Somewhere along the way I would like to integrate my language pack, but unfortuantely, this is not available yet as far as I know.

@Jeronimo

any updates to your batch??? i really would like using an updated one..